Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raj is going to lose his fifth job because Melbourne's most liveable city tag is under pressure?

LOLSY.

All those other cities that Melbourne is competing with for that tag are also battling the same pandemic.
So it all cancels out.

The real issue is that the pandemic is exposing Melbourne's sordid underbelly of preggers Zoe from Ballarat collaborating with far-right extremists to organise protests.
Hate to be your brain.

All because Andrews wanted to play feel good politics with hotel quarantine.

Sure Dan wears the quarantine fiasco but it seems to me the blame game then lands on those implementing the Cabinet decision.
A short view of the proceedings of the Coate Inquiry screams 'not (insert Department name) our responsibility'.

Lots of late evening emails happening from bureaucrats at an operational level pointing to an absence of leadership at the highest levels are exposing plenty through the combination of Counsel Assisting & cross examination from other Government Departments, plus the various SCs on behalf of multitude of Security firms involved.

Departmental heads wont squirm out of this, the security companies & the subcontractors arent responsible for the stuff ups in the decision making process.
' Victorian taxpayers face a massive legal bill in addition to the $3m set aside by the Andrews government for its hotel quarantine inquiry, as seven government departments, Victoria Police and Emergency Management Victoria each hire their own external legal teams.'
The 9 State Govt bodies clearly believe they are involved 'up to their neck'.

Last edited:
All because Andrews wanted to play feel good politics with hotel quarantine.

He essentially sent the local bush league reserves to play in an AFL grand final.

Remember that when your business or employer closes shop, when you can’t attend a funeral, when your child‘s VCE results come in well under, when you start to suffer financial stress, when the government via various taxes in the years ahead come to collect back the money it has handed out, when you mentally breakdown, when you have to cancel your wedding, when you can’t see a relative as they die, when you haven’t seen family or friends for most of the year, when you work in a field that is going to have to deal with his mess for the following years, when you can’t get an answer on why your sole trader business can’t operate but the building sites can.

People are angry because this situation was avoidable.

Agreed nearly 100%.

I would contest it still is avoidable. By going down to stage 1 masks indoor business, limits to larger gatherings (based on capacity 4sqm per person or something), let offices decide their own safety, safety nets for people who get COVID or are high risk and cant work because of that. Let it run its course through the general public as is happening everywhere in the world now and let us try to salvage something from the disaster.

The most vulnerable have borne the brunt of it in this state already its why in spite of most of us being locked up the virus continues to spread in pretty decent numbers, you can't lock down a nursing home that already has it!

It’s a farce. Any idea where we can find numbers of cases for regional Victoria. I can’t seem to find them anywhere.

Daily media release on the DHHS website has cases by council area. Breaks down total cases and active cases for each area as well as total active cases by Metro v Regional

We may have destroyed our state economy and needlessly ruined thousands of lives, but I will never forget the time 10,000 of us stood as one while in the grips of a deadly pandemic to protest against police brutality in Minnesota.

Also, a big shout out to the cretins who voted for Dan. If it wasn't for you, we'd be like the rest of racist Australia who are enjoying their freedom and the evils of capitalism ewww.

We may be locked up like caged animals, but at least we can take comfort in knowing our security firms are diverse and our cops are out there protecting us against pregnant Karens.

The next 3 months will be a joy. :thumbsu:

Populist generalisations seem to be your forte. How does that work for you in the offline world?

How does pretending to give a sh*t about the mental health of strangers at the same time as not giving a sh*t about the health of strangers work for you?

So 82 cases in regional vic for the last 14 days is a rolling average of 6. We could be in stage 2 soon unless I’m missing something?

I'm not completely sure, is it when the number is 5 cases or lower on average for 14 days in a row, or is it triggered when it is 5 cases on average at any point, for the past 14 days?

On the plus side, you in Regional Victoria don't have a stupid 'whichever is later' clause on moving to step 3, only for step 4.

How are all the Dan lovers going? Stand by Dan, Hug Dan.

I don't know who the hell he is working for but it is not the people of Victoria. If you voted ALP in the last election, hang your head in shame (that's if you have any morals, cos Dan and his crew clearly do not).

He is 100% to blame for this, his failure to effectively quarantine has led Victoria to disaster and taken the nation with him. He should be charged with criminal negligence.
Thats harsh on people who voted ALP last election, he was actually doing things, the LNP couldn't have run a worse campaign, and voters werent to know his ego and negligence was going to let some virus kill hundreds.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So number 37 jokes about Melbournes most liveable city tag. Melbourne will lose this, thus affecting employment, businesses, tourism. Who does affect the most? Answer is the people he preaches to care about. Nice one dumbo.

Raj is going to lose his fifth job because Melbourne's most liveable city tag is under pressure?

LOLSY.

All those other cities that Melbourne is competing with for that tag are also battling the same pandemic.
So it all cancels out.

The real issue is that the pandemic is exposing Melbourne's sordid underbelly of preggers Zoe from Ballarat collaborating with far-right extremists to organise protests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sutton is a 3rd level manager in DHHS, one of 20+ in that Department.

Andrew Crisp is Emergency Services Commissioner, shares the 2nd level of management with an Acting Secretary.
As the Emergency Management Commissioner, Andrew has overall responsibility for coordination before, during and after major emergencies, including the management of consequences of an emergency.
So why did Dans pandemic plan say Sutton and then at the last minute, he decided to ignore years of planning and instead create a situation where the role bounced from person to person.

Last edited:
I'm not completely sure, is it when the number is 5 cases or lower on average for 14 days in a row, or is it triggered when it is 5 cases on average at any point, for the past 14 days?

On the plus side, you in Regional Victoria don't have a stupid 'whichever is later' clause on moving to step 3, only for step 4.
Yeah that clause makes zero sense. We are, however, all lumped into the same category. I’m in Gippsland but if there is a big outbreak hinders of kilometres away at warnambool or Mildura we will have to stay in stage 3.
Rather than protests I can c a significant decline in testing numbers coming up!

Plenty of them in here 😉

That's patently obvious kenny, but it's got nothing to do with a tax payer funded career in some bullshit aspect of sociology, oh no, it's because they "care"
more.:rolleyes:

Sorry, I must be missing something, but what is the difference between those two criteria?

Regardless of that definition, the second criteria is that there must be no cases of unknown source for fourteen days in a row ( in regional Vic).

So why did Dans pandemic plan say Sutton and then at the last minute, he decided to ignore years of planning and instead create a situation where the role bounced from person to person.

Indeed, which version of Government policy overrides the other, if it mattered for the Gang of 8 Cabinet.
This is the Vic version, the EMV rules as amended 2020a :

One positive way to look at this is that once we get it under sufficient control here we have the ability to start getting life back to somewhat of normality, and aren't bound by countries that place risk of another wave.

Many countries are still in the thick of their first wave, or have all the hallmarks of a second.

Seems like we're almost at the end... i hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back