Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
It was a solid win. The beginning of the game was really concerning, but we found our way back into the game. Interesting to hear the comments that we slowed the game up and it actually worked, that's pretty good because it seems like we've been trying to do that all year.

Abbott's inclusion was completely pointless. He was so bad in the ruck that he couldn't even give Ryder a chop out. Still, he stood up and kicked that important goal in the last quarter and it was great to see the boys get around him.

Marsh didn't have a great game but that important bustling play in the last quarter was big as well.

I thought Lonie really improved us. Please just keep him in the side for the rest of the year, he is a smart player, he makes us more dangerous and he works his butt off. He's clearly best 22 for mine, much better than Hind, keep him in!

Marshall is a beast. Hopefully this gives him even more confidence when he's up forward for the rest of the year. He's a genuine target up there too and we should use him more.

Loved Ryder's game. That smother was huge. Intercept marks again. He was solid.

We are missing Hannebery and Gresham. Their in and under work was important. I'd love to see Dunstan back in the side.

I thought Sinclair had a good game. He was able to work through traffic and set up opportunities.

Coffield is a gun. Pure and simple. Ben Long was also outstanding today, his marking and hardness and ability to stop and make the right decision really helped us.

We have a huge game coming up. Just massive. Can't wait for Thursday. I'm in Perth too by chance. This could get interesting.

I'm getting Gold, women's clothes and guitar technique. Manscaping last week. None make any sense what so ever.
8bSfsyG.gif

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jack Steele - Tick, job done.
Nick Coffield - Solid AF. 4 day break with a sore ankle?
Zak Jones - Doesn't do much flashy, but starting to rack up the touches.
Rowan Marshall - I like the boy. He would be an All-Australian forward if staying there.
Bradley Hill - Maybe his best game yet. Starting to gel after 15 games.
Ben Long - Wow I love it when he's in the area. Opens himself up and tackles so hard, I don't know how he doesn't get hurt. Super when it's his turn to go.
Sebastian Ross - Been really good since his return. Could peak during the finals!
Jack Billings - I like him forward. Not a standout in one match there, but he has the instincts.
Dean Kent - BANG WTF WAS THAT? That Kent gotcha! When he's hard and electric some nice magic happens.
Dan Butler - He thinks and plays like a premiership player, mentally and skillfully on a higher level. Like Hill.
Ben Paton - Beaten early but worked back into it. He was really tired after the last 4 day break, could be rested this time.
Jack Sinclair - Very efficient and smart, under-utilised.
Dougal Howard - Good with the ball, dopey without. Hopefully working on it.
Paddy Ryder - What a guy. He could have his feet up enjoying retirement, but he's hungry. I thought he, Hill, Long and Marshall were best in the first half.
Jarryn Geary - He was ok today, better than the last month.
Hunter Clark - Mmmm... MIA for quite a few weeks. Does he rest now or try to find form in the 1sts?
Jack Lonie - Always worth a few goals to the team, whether he's kicking them or not. Keep harassing, Lones.
Josh Battle - Quiet. He really needs a proper position next year.
Callum Wilkie - Got it done.
Ed Phillips - Not a good day.
Jonathon Marsh - I'd like to give him more responsibility. He sometimes looks tentative not knowing who's going. If he's told that he's the man in the contest, I reckon he could be a bit of a beast getting the ball and getting it out.
Ryan Abbott - Seemed a bit soft early. Really didn't do much of interest.

Glad to see Sinclair keeping his spot. Always thought he'd be good enough.

We had a few do some smart things that stood out today, Sincs, Hill, Kent, Marsh to name a few - holding the ball or riding a tackle, drawing their opponent then dishing it out. Something that always seems to be used against us more than by us.

Sincs fast approaching 100 games and really looks like he believes in himself and his ability to impact contested situations now. He’s the one I’d have kicking inside 50 everyday of the week. Ratten has been good for him undoubtedly.

Bagging our gamestyle and saying it won’t hold water in finals. Maybe so Clarko that’s yet to be seen, it felt more of a swipe at a certain ex assistant coach to be honest

Clarko is speaking directly to future trade targets there I reckon. Maybe he’s heard that there are a few that are keen to get to us because of our positive game style?

I’m running with that.

We’re a destination club now Clarko. Live with it.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think Marshall may have had a better year in 2019 but I think 2020 is showing just what we have on our hands. Seriously, there is not much this guy does wrong. Only 3 ruckman in the AFL ahead of him I reckon and his ability to go forward is better than all of them. I am tipping this guy will be Grundy/Gawn like status next year.
yeah if the guy can play in the ruck and play as a key forward we have a hell of a player.

Max the great

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
What’s with this forum getting adds for manscaping, only seen the last 4 inches of my member since 2008 got a pisstank on me like Stuey Dew.
Anyway onwards and upwards , gee Kent who woulda thought.
I haven't seen them on here but am constantly getting spamed with them on Facebook and Snapchat. Driving me crazy.

Max the great

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jack Steele - Tick, job done.
Nick Coffield - Solid AF. 4 day break with a sore ankle?
Zak Jones - Doesn't do much flashy, but starting to rack up the touches.
Rowan Marshall - I like the boy. He would be an All-Australian forward if staying there.
Bradley Hill - Maybe his best game yet. Starting to gel after 15 games.
Ben Long - Wow I love it when he's in the area. Opens himself up and tackles so hard, I don't know how he doesn't get hurt. Super when it's his turn to go.
Sebastian Ross - Been really good since his return. Could peak during the finals!
Jack Billings - I like him forward. Not a standout in one match there, but he has the instincts.
Dean Kent - BANG WTF WAS THAT? That Kent gotcha! When he's hard and electric some nice magic happens.
Dan Butler - He thinks and plays like a premiership player, mentally and skillfully on a higher level. Like Hill.
Ben Paton - Beaten early but worked back into it. He was really tired after the last 4 day break, could be rested this time.
Jack Sinclair - Very efficient and smart, under-utilised.
Dougal Howard - Good with the ball, dopey without. Hopefully working on it.
Paddy Ryder - What a guy. He could have his feet up enjoying retirement, but he's hungry. I thought he, Hill, Long and Marshall were best in the first half.
Jarryn Geary - He was ok today, better than the last month.
Hunter Clark - Mmmm... MIA for quite a few weeks. Does he rest now or try to find form in the 1sts?
Jack Lonie - Always worth a few goals to the team, whether he's kicking them or not. Keep harassing, Lones.
Josh Battle - Quiet. He really needs a proper position next year.
Callum Wilkie - Got it done.
Ed Phillips - Not a good day.
Jonathon Marsh - I'd like to give him more responsibility. He sometimes looks tentative not knowing who's going. If he's told that he's the man in the contest, I reckon he could be a bit of a beast getting the ball and getting it out.
Ryan Abbott - Seemed a bit soft early. Really didn't do much of interest.
Marsh looks tentative because he isn't good. That experiment needs to end.

Saintbloke

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I reckon the opposition know that if they limit Jones's outside run around clearances, then it does limit the flowing play we had earlier in the season- he seems to be the big lockdown target and not as effective recently, but did a reasonable job yesterday. Without Gresh, we lack a few smarts around stoppages.
Battle needs to be settled in a position. Still need more from Billings and Clark. Great game from Coff- he has taken the next step, hope his ankle is OK

It was a solid win. The beginning of the game was really concerning, but we found our way back into the game. Interesting to hear the comments that we slowed the game up and it actually worked, that's pretty good because it seems like we've been trying to do that all year.

Abbott's inclusion was completely pointless. He was so bad in the ruck that he couldn't even give Ryder a chop out. Still, he stood up and kicked that important goal in the last quarter and it was great to see the boys get around him.

Marsh didn't have a great game but that important bustling play in the last quarter was big as well.

I thought Lonie really improved us. Please just keep him in the side for the rest of the year, he is a smart player, he makes us more dangerous and he works his butt off. He's clearly best 22 for mine, much better than Hind, keep him in!

Marshall is a beast. Hopefully this gives him even more confidence when he's up forward for the rest of the year. He's a genuine target up there too and we should use him more.

Loved Ryder's game. That smother was huge. Intercept marks again. He was solid.

We are missing Hannebery and Gresham. Their in and under work was important. I'd love to see Dunstan back in the side.

I thought Sinclair had a good game. He was able to work through traffic and set up opportunities.

Coffield is a gun. Pure and simple. Ben Long was also outstanding today, his marking and hardness and ability to stop and make the right decision really helped us.

We have a huge game coming up. Just massive. Can't wait for Thursday. I'm in Perth too by chance. This could get interesting.

I really liked Kent, Marsh and Long bringing a bit of physicality into it. The Hawks put in a young squad up and those guys all lifted and threw themselves into contests and won mental as well as physically. Those little acts were real stalemate breakers. Long probably more just in a more general sense than an individual act though. His best is when he plays hard intimidating footy. He'd lost some edge since suspension but he looked back yesterday.

Sincs fast approaching 100 games and really looks like he believes in himself and his ability to impact contested situations now. He’s the one I’d have kicking inside 50 everyday of the week. Ratten has been good for him undoubtedly.

He's very clean with his hands with the ground balls and once he's motoring he's hard to slow down. He looks like one of those players that could play full time inside mid but never gets much of a go. They must have a reason but apart from a couple of shockers yesterday he's a great kick, good with his passing by hand etc.

I've got an online retail business and i keep getting my own ads which given I pay for them seems a bit of a waste!

At least the Google adbot doesn't think you're a rich transvestite keen to produce their own music.

I reckon the opposition know that if they limit Jones's outside run around clearances, then it does limit the flowing play we had earlier in the season- he seems to be the big lockdown target and not as effective recently, but did a reasonable job yesterday. Without Gresh, we lack a few smarts around stoppages.
Battle needs to be settled in a position. Still need more from Billings and Clark. Great game from Coff- he has taken the next step, hope his ankle is OK

On the shorter oval those quick inside 50s the Hawks were getting caused chaos. With Jones held we didn't get those burst centre clearances and most of our entry looked like laborious work. He would have been handy if he'd got free yesterday.

Aug 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Coventry City
Long had some seriously good marks. Seem to have that attacking confidence back.

Geary on the other hand looks done. Clark drinking his own bath water seems a weekly occurrence. Penny will drop for him soon i think though.

Actually disagree about Geary for once, I’d say that was his best game all year. Didn’t see a single mistake from him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back