Has the injury to Harris Andrews dented our finals campaign

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes crisis creates opportunity.
I know how important Harris is to our team and our chances - but perhaps this will give a player or two a chance to shine since the defensive setup of the team will be very different now.

Great change can sometimes bring great reward with it
I’m optimistic we can still win 👍

Kick straight, a tweak here or there with some things and who knows?
It”s happened before for so many sporting teams in different sporting codes.

Stef coming back is the key to helping manage this. Sends the Big O forward and McStay down back to help out.

There isn't one player on our list that can fill the void but I think as a collective team, we can manage his loss with bodies such as McStay & Payne going down back.

Also if we are to make the Grand Final, we really should still be winning at least either the QF or the SF even without Harris. In which case, Harris should be good to go for the PF.

Absolutely. I don’t want to tell you what o thought prior to the injury anyway. Payne your in for the rest of the season, take it and go with it. We will be better for it in the long run. Payne needs games and continuous ones at that. You’ve just got to play the kid now and back him in.

I wouldn’t mind seeing McStay play back , but if he does, I would imagine another tall would be coming in to replace forward.

They obviously like the 2 KF set up. McStay clearly hasn’t been in the team for his goal kicking but more the structure he provides.

Can’t see us changing that 3 games out from the finals, even though we have had a spanner thrown into the works with Harris going down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 weeks means he wouldn't be back until the week before the grand final right?

We're screwed.
Pretty much.

2021 -2023 was our window as was 2001 -2003, so put a fork in us, we're done.

Plus, we're nowhere in the same class as Geelong and Richmond who've already embarrassed us this year and on current form, they would each annihilate us. I'm pretty sure Port would too and West Coast despite us beating them earlier in the year and WCE dropping a game to the Dogs.

Pretty much.

2021 -2023 was our window as was 2001 -2003, so put a fork in us, we're done.

Plus, we're nowhere in the same class as Geelong and Richmond who've already embarrassed us this year and on current form, they would each annihilate us. I'm pretty sure Port would too and West Coast despite us beating them earlier in the year and WCE dropping a game to the Dogs.

Unusually optimistic take from you Dylan

Based on current projections we will be playing Cats or Tigers in the QF and given our form against both those teams this year, we will be facing a stiff challenge with Tomahawk in beast mode or double trouble with Reiwoldt/Lynch😧, Fagan will need to be inventive and someone has to step up big time.

Na, three weeks ago he was two weeks. Last week he went to TBC. Won’t see him this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep it was only 2 weeks ago he was put on the long term injury list.
For that to happen I think it means it needs to be 8-10 weeks out.
He won’t be back this year.

Based on current projections we will be playing Cats or Tigers in the QF and given our form against both those teams this year, we will be facing a stiff challenge with Tomahawk in beast mode or double trouble with Reiwoldt/Lynch😧, Fagan will need to be inventive and someone has to step up big time.
If we get Saints/Dogs/Collingwood in the SF though, even without Harris I'd back us in as heavy favourites.

Cats/Tigers into WC would be a nightmare though and straight sets would loom :(

McStay back. Forward line of
Coleman Rayner Cameron
McCarthy Hipwood Ah Chee

Send Ah Chee into the ruck to give omac a chop out. Boy can jump.

Darryl White could jump high too. We sometimes would put him in the ruck too. But then he used to do his ankles from all that landing!!!! LOL

Dont think so!

Am I the only one that recalls we actually beat Geelong across three quarters? We also seem to have gotten better at avoiding a complete collapse, so I wouldn't expect the final score to be nearly as one-sided next time around. You'd think we hadn't beaten Geelong since 2009 or something.

We’ll finish top. Port won’t make top 4.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think Port will finish 2nd, possibly 3rd, particularly after West Coast lost last night. Port have a bye and i think they may drop the game against the Pies in round 18, but their % is good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back