Autopsy Bulldogs win a heart stopper vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

If he was on the trade table, I'd hope my mob were at the head of the queue asking the question, I rate him.

Only people that have no clue about our list profile would even mention his name for trade. He have 3 fast blokes on the entire list and Ed is one of them. Brain dead idea to trade him

Lol, I don’t need to be in denial to be a happy bloke.

I find peoples’ satisfaction with this season really amusing and then telling those of us with totally reasonable criticisms that we have an attitude problem 😂

Looks like we can take two approaches with the club. Cheer the fu** up or wake the fu** up. I’ll stick with the 2nd and hope the club do too.

No point with trying to discuss anything with followers mate. Check out how quiet they are when we lose. So brave

People like me purchased 5x annual family passes at the end of 2014 for disadvantaged Bulldog-supporting families who would otherwise never have attended a game. They enjoyed 2015 when we needed loyal supporters more than ever before. I believed in our team when so many others had lost hope. You can question my optimism if you like, but I know where I stand.
I have all the respect in the world for supporters like you. Standing by your club when things look grim is the real test. But things aren’t grim right now. That is the point. We have a highly talented list with maturing stars in most positions, a coach with a proven track record, a sound fiscal position. All things we lacked in 2014.

And for that reason, the current performance is not good enough and requires that we ask the hard questions. 2014 was a time to back the club no matter what, we were against the ropes. It’s time for the club and supporters to grow up. We don’t need to be the permanent underdogs anymore, we have a chance to be a large dominate club. But being satisfied with mediocrity will just make us another Melbourne or St. Kilda.

Yep that was near unwatchable.

A win is a win but not much to be really impressed with from that game.
For me it would be English's performance. He played well imo and took some great contested marks as well as showed aerial aggression.

Our forward line was the worst I've seen it. We need to clear Bruce out of there.

If we are just going to pick/retain fast blokes the Brad Lynch gets another contract then.

We have more than just 3 fast blokes.

JJ, Vandermeer, B.Smith, Jong, Richards, Lynch, maybe even Cavarra.
Richards should be behind all of them except Lynch. And it’s not as if we can’t trade anyone with pace into the side to replace him.

And yep I stand by my call to trade him. Not punting him out for pick 50 and obviously it would require a good trade but if he landed us a very capable first ruck I’d pull the trigger.

Richards looks lost and has no definable role. Not in the best defenders group, not a small forward and I’ve seen very little evidence of the link up wingman role that posters suggest he should play.

If we are just going to pick/retain fast blokes the Brad Lynch gets another contract then.

We have more than just 3 fast blokes.

JJ, Vandermeer, B.Smith, Jong, Richards, Lynch, maybe even Cavarra.
Richards should be behind all of them except Lynch. And it’s not as if we can’t trade anyone with pace into the side to replace him.

And yep I stand by my call to trade him. Not punting him out for pick 50 and obviously it would require a good trade but if he landed us a very capable first ruck I’d pull the trigger.

Richards looks lost and has no definable role. Not in the best defenders group, not a small forward and I’ve seen very little evidence of the link up wingman role that posters suggest he should play.

So now there is a stipulation that he lands us a good ruck to trade him?

Maybe ask his coach why he can’t give him a defined role and moves him every week, then look at his best game a few weeks ago and correlate that to a one game role. Add to that he has played only 50 games and is 21

Your own list proves how little speed we have on our list that can actually play. You names six blokes and one is constantly injured and the another never plays. So we have 4 fast guys not 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been thinking about this and I'm blaming coronavirus... seriously, this place has never been this negative. I remember a time where we would have been rapt with an upset win like last night. Totally outplayed a premiership fancy. If it weren't for some inaccurate goal kicking, we win by 20+ points.

The last month or so we've been playing some pretty good footy, if you didn't watch the games and just read the discussion here you'd think we'd be sitting down with Adelaide.

FMD thank Bont there wasn't coronavirus during the Rhode or Hart days O_O
You could be right.
I guess when things are s**t I try and look for the positives to change the mindset. This is the only form of social media I have for that reason.

If you're surrounded by negativity at home (stuck there), on the news, on social media, on here... then you're probably going to be constantly miserable.

Chin up, people!

So now there is a stipulation that he lands us a good ruck to trade him?

Maybe ask his coach why he can’t give him a defined role and moves him every week, then look at his best game a few weeks ago and correlate that to a one game role. Add to that he has played only 50 games and is 21

Your own list proves how little speed we have on our list that can actually play. You names six blokes and one is constantly injured and the another never plays. So we have 4 fast guys not 3.

Richards best role is as a small defender. And with the talent and depth of small to mid defenders we have (Daniel, Crozier, Williams, JJ, Duryea) he's simply not going to get a game in that role. So he's forced elsewhere.

He's actually made no progression since his debut year.

I agree we need more speed. But we need players with speed that actually contribute and warrant their selection. Richards right now doesn't do both.

And no theirs no stipulation that he would land us a good ruck. But i'd certainly use him in a trade if it did allow us to grab a good first ruck or a really good small forward. Both of which we desperately need.

I think the "negativity" is borne of frustration, because of the inability to make our domination count on the scoreboard.

Evey player busted a gut no-one is questioning the effort, but at one stage we had 31 inside 50's for a return of 3 goals..

What's doubly frustrating is none of this is new-its been a feature for the last 4 years.

At some point, surely someone has to admit we're not coaching the players the right way to enter our froward 50's-now that could be the way the ball is delivered, it could be the way the forwards are making themselves available, it could be their finishing, it could all of it.

I don't really care for the barbs being traded re "we won, but we're still sh1t" vs "we beat West Coast, so we must be good" argument. Personally, I think the reality is somewhere in between.

All I have to say regarding this game is: Toby McLean is best 22 every day of the week, and twice on match days. Can play as an attacking mid, a defensive/tagging mid, get thrown around forward and back. He's also a devilishly handsome character, a veritable Scarlet Pimpernel Bulldog.

1599438994572.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back