Review Round 15, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haha this bloke thinks the pies are making finals, bless him
I actually really hope that the Pies do make the finals.

By my ladder predictor, the only way that they do that is if they beat Port. Which would (if we beat GC, Syd, Carl) give us the minor premiership.

Admittedly, collecting the points in all three games just got a lot harder with Harris down and Lachie limping.

I actually really hope that the Pies do make the finals.

By my ladder predictor, the only way that they do that is if they beat Port. Which would (if we beat GC, Syd, Carl) give us the minor premiership.

Admittedly, collecting the points in all three games just got a lot harder with Harris down and Lachie limping.
If Freo beats Melbourne today and the Dogs in Round 18 and Collingwood beats the Suns, the Pies will make finals. Collingwood will be on 38, and the Dogs and Melbourne on a maximum of 36 each. There's other permutations involving St Kilda and GWS as well but the above is the easiest.

If Freo beats Melbourne today and the Dogs in Round 18 and Collingwood beats the Suns, the Pies will make finals. Collingwood will be on 38, and the Dogs and Melbourne on a maximum of 36 each. There's other permutations involving St Kilda and GWS as well but the above is the easiest.
Sorry, I was being a bit too hyperbolic when I said "the only way I see Collingwood making finals". I would say it's the most likely way of them making the finals.

I don't reckon Freo could take the dogs. Especially when the dogs have a "win and you make finals" motivation, and Freo don't.

That's also where I have the Pies as a potential to take Port. The Pies would be motivated, and Port would too to a degree, but if Collingwood get some players back, and have something to play for... I reckon that's their most straightforward way to make the finals.

On The Couch, Browny pointed out this chase from Oscar in the last few minutes, after rucking solo most of the game, chasing someone not even his opponent half the length of the ground to split a contest and prevent a goal.

View media item 969
Great stuff from the big man.

Back