Vinyl..?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Never was a Bob Dylan fan. And then I found Blood on the Tracks. This album is the most complete album I've ever listened to.

Got some gems today.

Blood on the Tracks - Bob Dylan
Man of Colours - Icehouse
New Gold Dream - Simple Minds

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Never was a Bob Dylan fan. And then I found Blood on the Tracks. This album is the most complete album I've ever listened to.

Got some gems today.

Blood on the Tracks - Bob Dylan
Man of Colours - Icehouse
New Gold Dream - Simple Minds
i have a copy of Man of Colours on blue vinyl sitting somewhere in storage.
i used to love hunting for records in my twenties...don't even have a turntable now :(

Vinyl sounds so much better. Analog just has a deeper, more pure sound.

When I was an apprentice, late 80s, there was an old Pommy hippy at work who was big time into music. Told stories of watching Jimi in small clubs and s**t like that.
He was in the process of upgrading??? all his records to CDs.
Once he found out how much I was into music as well, he started selling me his records when he bought the CD.
Five bucks each! All in perfect condition!

Each payday, he would bring me in some. Sometimes one, sometimes three or four. I would buy all of them, even if I’d never heard of whoever it was. Turned me onto so much 60s, 70s stuff I would have never heard.

Unfortunately I was young and partying hard. So wore a lot of them out, scratched and just played too much. But me and my mates certainly enjoyed the music! And the acid, and the cones......o_O

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
I have a few, which one are you after? Not sure if I got doubles. Need to check. Possibly Machine Head

Just out today - been listening on Spotify. For my preferred Deep Purple albums I drift between Machine Head, In Rock, Fireball and Perfect Strangers.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Got a decent collection going now and quite proud of some of my scores. Can see why people get a bit obsessed as a collector.

I do draw the line at getting an album if I already have it in decent nick on CD. The record companies, who had shat on the format for years, are now doing reissue after reissue to suck people in. Lipstick on a pig.

Record Store Day can get in the bin. Great for the record stores but labels putting out a picture disc or some album with an extra b side for $$$

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Got a decent collection going now and quite proud of some of my scores. Can see why people get a bit obsessed as a collector.

I do draw the line at getting an album if I already have it in decent nick on CD. The record companies, who had shat on the format for years, are now doing reissue after reissue to suck people in. Lipstick on a pig.

Record Store Day can get in the bin. Great for the record stores but labels putting out a picture disc or some album with an extra b side for $$$

Don’t like picture discs - sound quality never that good. Always go for the black vinyl if it is on offer and have lots of albums on multi formats. Guess being stuck at home and browsing online stores hasn’t helped.