Politics Centrelink

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
And the disability pension, otherwise we’ll all just go onto job seeker!!!

As for education, there is extra payments for study, but you can only use them once and they have a limited lifespan.
Or carers allowance. I helped looked after the old man which was a tough job instead of just chucking them in a home straight away, which actually saves the government a heap of money and you are rewarded with a pittance.

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Really?
A Job Plan is a contract between provider and jobseeker which can't be broken without the permission of both parties.

It is not uncommon for job providers to use weasel words to confuse jobseekers about their rights. In fact such behaviour is all too common.

As part of their contract with the dept, there isn't allowed to be an exclusivity clause on any vacancy.
They get around this clause by claiming that the vacancy isn't official yet, that they just have the inside word.

There is a backlog of thousands of people who have reached out for help because they have been dudded by misinformation/lies of job providers and people who work in the industry.

Point a)rubbish, ive said you can transfer at any time. Thats fact

Point b) love to know where you got this one from.. totally no benefit from listing a vacancy that doesn’t exist for an employer that doesn’t exist. Theres enough to do without adding this.

Point c) so im a liar?? Good on ya...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Point a)rubbish, ive said you can transfer at any time. Thats fact

(A) LOL

Here's what you said..

Actually thats wrong. You dont need your current providers permission. Its user choice.. you can change once every 12 months.

Which is it?

Can change anytime or
Once every 12 months?

The issue is not whether jobseekers can change or not. It's in the Social Security Guide that jobseekers can change.
We were discussing whether a jobseeker requires permission from their current provider.

FYI, you know that number you're supposed to give jobseekers should they have a complaint about the way you conduct yourself as a job service provider...that number received something like 5,000 calls in the last financial year specifically in relation to jobseekers being prevented from changing to a provider of their choice by their current provider.

So sh*t and misleading has the advice from job service providers become that the Dept now automatically processes such requests without first getting the side of the story of the job service providers.

And there is no exclusivity clause on any vacancy. Your just talking crap now.

Who should people believe?
I work in the industry for 9 years and the industry never ever lies or misleads jobseekers, OR,
Testimony given to Senate Estimates.

Point c) so im a liar?? Good on ya...

People can make a judgement for themselves.

Job service providers need to be held to account.
For some reason far too many job service providers and their employees think that because they are dealing with vulnerable people they can say and do whatever they want to those vulnerable people.

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
(A) LOL

Here's what you said..

Which is it?

Can change anytime or
Once every 12 months?

The issue is not whether jobseekers can change or not. It's in the Social Security Guide that jobseekers can change.
We were discussing whether a jobseeker requires permission from their current provider.

FYI, you know that number you're supposed to give jobseekers should they have a complaint about the way you conduct yourself as a job service provider...that number received something like 5,000 calls in the last financial year specifically in relation to jobseekers being prevented from changing to a provider of their choice by their current provider.

So sh*t and misleading has the advice from job service providers become that the Dept now automatically processes such requests without first getting the side of the story of the job service providers.

So your are just arguing for arguments sake.
The job seeker can change at any time without their providers permission. Fact.
They can do this once per 12 months. If you want to change providers more than once in 12 months then I suggest the problem is with you not the providers. Of course if you move out of area you then change providers to that catchment.

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Who should people believe?
I work in the industry for 9 years and the industry never ever lies or misleads jobseekers, OR,
Testimony given to Senate Estimates.
Senate estimates?? good one... hands on experience always is better than politicians trying to cover their hides. I have no problem keeping my job. they do.

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
People can make a judgement for themselves.

Job service providers need to be held to account.
For some reason far too many job service providers and their employees think that because they are dealing with vulnerable people they can say and do whatever they want to those vulnerable people.
Ive worked for four providers. Two good, two absolutely garbage... Best bet go for the non for profit providers. They are more interested in assisting people and less in the budget. One American owned company is an avoid at all cost.

So your are just arguing for arguments sake.
The job seeker can change at any time without their providers permission. Fact.
They can do this once per 12 months. If you want to change providers more than once in 12 months then I suggest the problem is with you not the providers. Of course if you move out of area you then change providers to that catchment.

So in your 9 years you've never seen a Transfer Agreement Form?

On that Transfer Agreement Form it specifically requires the signature of:
- An approved officer from the proposed Employment Provider.
- An approved officer from the current Employment Provider.

+
- current Employment Provider MUST keep the completed form as evidence that a Transfer by Agreement was agreed to.

Again, thousands of requests to transfer are denied by the current provider all the time.
Usually they tell jobseekers they aren't allowed to transfer.

It is disturbing that you work in the industry.
I assist a community organisation that does advocacy work for vulnerable people.
The behaviour of providers is despicable. The issues that people have to deal with because "consultants" are DHs is disgraceful.

I have no problem keeping my job. they do.

I can understand now why you have a job in the "industry".

Senate estimates?? good one... hands on experience always is better than politicians trying to cover their hides.

Employment Providers have contracts with the department.
The department has to at least annually audit providers to make sure that they are complying with the terms of that contract.
The audits that the department carries out unearth all the despicable low-life behaviour of providers and their "consultants".

Every year the Department has to lodge a financial report and other reports, which are tabled in parliament.
Senate Estimates is where the parliament asks questions of the Department heads.

Hands on experience LOL.
Reams and reams of the lies and misleading of vulnerable people, almost always with the threat of cutting their only source of income.
What heroes.

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
So in your 9 years you've never seen a Transfer Agreement Form?

On that Transfer Agreement Form it specifically requires the signature of:
- An approved officer from the proposed Employment Provider.
- An approved officer from the current Employment Provider.

+
- current Employment Provider MUST keep the completed form as evidence that a Transfer by Agreement was agreed to.

Again, thousands of requests to transfer are denied by the current provider all the time.
Usually they tell jobseekers they aren't allowed to transfer.

It is disturbing that you work in the industry.
I assist a community organisation that does advocacy work for vulnerable people.
The behaviour of providers is despicable. The issues that people have to deal with because "consultants" are DHs is disgraceful.

Transfer forms went the way of the dodo when the last lot of contracts came out. You can transfer either by calling the centrelink transfer line or completing the request on line. Never have I seen or heard one denied on the basis of "no you cant transfer "the second that would happen it would go to centrelink to be over ridden.

Oh im so hurt you find it disturbing.

People usually have bad experiences when they don't engage with the providers, If you dont engage blame yourself not the providers for enforcing the pnishments

Transfer forms went the way of the dodo when the last lot of contracts came out. You can transfer either by calling the centrelink transfer line or completing the request on line. Never have I seen or heard one denied on the basis of "no you cant transfer "the second that would happen it would go to centrelink to be over ridden.

Your story is changing again.
Before ..jobseekers don't need approval they can just change....
Now..."I've never heard one denied"

People usually have bad experiences when they don't engage with the providers, If you dont engage blame yourself not the providers for enforcing the pnishments

So all those people that have been told they have to comply with Mutual Obligation or their payments will be cut, even though Mutual Obligation has been suspended, should just engage with lying "job consultants" who are only interested in getting their little kickback for sending people to do "courses"?

Oh im so hurt you find it disturbing.

Why would that hurt someone who clearly takes pleasure in denigrating vulnerable people?
The mentality of "job consultants" that you have displayed in this exchange is a cancer that runs through the whole Job Network and one of a thousand reasons it needs to be closed down immediately.

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Your story is changing again.
Before ..jobseekers don't need approval they can just change....
Now..."I've never heard one denied"

So all those people that have been told they have to comply with Mutual Obligation or their payments will be cut, even though Mutual Obligation has been suspended, should just engage with lying "job consultants" who are only interested in getting their little kickback for sending people to do "courses"?

Why would that hurt someone who clearly takes pleasure in denigrating vulnerable people?
The mentality of "job consultants" that you have displayed in this exchange is a cancer that runs through the whole Job Network and one of a thousand reasons it needs to be closed down immediately.

Your good at trying to get gotcha moments ill give you that. Obviously was referring to when forms were a thing

if they have been told about mutual obligations when they have been suspended id love to know who the providers were and they should be shamed..
Here we go personal attacks again.. More than happy with how I do my job.. As in all fields theres good and bad . I already said ive worked for two providers that were terrible and left due to how the conducted themselves.

18 months ago Sarina Russo refused to change me to another provider. I went to Centrelink and complained and they referred me back to Sarina Russo. I forget what I did to actually convince Centrelink to move me to the Salvos but I was pretty ******* ropable at the time.

Did you "engage" with your provider?
Apparently it's all your fault and if you "engage" then "consultants" don't have to behave like DHs.

Your good at trying to get gotcha moments ill give you that. Obviously was referring to when forms were a thing

if they have been told about mutual obligations when they have been suspended id love to know who the providers were and they should be shamed..
Here we go personal attacks again.. More than happy with how I do my job.. As in all fields theres good and bad . I already said ive worked for two providers that were terrible and left due to how the conducted themselves.

Forms are still a thing because not everybody can navigate the jobsearch website to find the online form.

Imagine how bad those providers must have been for someone like you to leave.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Did you "engage" with your provider?
Apparently it's all your fault and if you "engage" then "consultants" don't have to behave like DHs.

One time my JSP booked me for a 12pm meeting. I turned up and there was no food.

I made a joke about it being unprofessional and she laughed.

Back