Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always brings me great joy to see this thread bumped after an annoying loss.

tenor.gif

We win and look impressive? Tumbleweeds in this thread and Simmo is a king
We lose? Bump this thread and Simmo has no plan b/inflexible/underachiever etc and for added spice we also get the famous "Don Pyke and Sam Mitchell are responsible for any and all of Simmo's success". The same Don Pyke who is now sacked from a club that has 1 win this year and the same Sam Mitchell who is running the midfield of the side who got beaten by that 1 win club.

Football teams win and lose games all the time, a loss doesn't always expose all the weaknesses of the coach to the point where they need to 'wake up'.

What's our worst record vs top 4 in a Grand Final or Premiership year?

The Dogs won the flag beating 1 top 4 side in H&A.

The Dees made a prelim having beaten only 2 top 8 sides in H&A, in the last 2 rounds.

Wawrinka won the Australian Open with an 0-12 record against Nadal (0-26 sets).

We should be practising paddling wet balls from one end of the ground to the other. The Brissie dew is going to get worse form here and we won’t be controlling the ball in the air like we want to.

Oh and we desperately need a fit Yeo back in the side.

Thats a cop out, I am not advocating a "Rocket Eade" but this side has lost its hard edge that won us the 2018 Flag.

I don't think the laughter is a good look given what was at stake.

Darling was playing hero's and it backfired.

Sorry Pal I cant lighten up.

This side has all the talent, but it lack the intensity, you only get so many opportunities to win a flag, this year was one and sadly we have had an "oh sh*t game ".
Just as last year was also a lost opportunity by not being switched on against Hawthorn .......... this year its the game against the Doggies.

A soft underbelly has crept into our teams mind set that I don't like and a fish always rots from the head.... hence the displeasure with Simpson and happy hour.
I guess you know that the season is not over yet? Being negative and always wanting more is only going to harm your health, we are still in this.

I guess you know that the season is not over yet? Being negative and always wanting more is only going to harm your health, we are still in this.

Appreciate your concern for my health but it’s not needed as I already have a great family do that for me.
But thanks all the same. 👍

Admire your optimism but it might need to be tempered with some realistic assessment of where we are now placed on the ladder and how that will impact the chances of another Flag this season.

The team needed to grasp its opportunity last night and we failed to do so.

Apologies each to their own, but I didn’t find it a laughing matter.

We are not still ******* doing this surely.

It’s 2020, Pyke has been sacked, Mitchell has steered the Hawks to the bottom four (and just lost to the winless Adelaide whose downfall was orchestrated by Pyke). Simpson went 4-2 against Pyke and 2-1 against Hawthorn since Mitch moved back.

Tigers fans losing their mind at the start of the year that their good IP went to Essendon, and how stupid do those fans look now? Can’t wait until Jaymie Graham gets all the credit for the 2020 flag.

Easiest job in the world assistant coach, fu** me. Drift through a season, cash a cheque, then get sucked off by all the footy fans who can’t wrap their head around the fact that sometimes their team might lose a game.
Nawww!!!! Sorry Mate, you should be quiet now. You talk way too much sense to be active in this thread. People might start doubting their negative theory's ;) :westcoast:

It isn't Simpsons fault that our half forwards have been decimated for various reasons. We do need some list rejigging, especially with our surplus of general defenders however I don't think you can allow for the amount of issues we have had for our half forwards. Rioli and perhaps Venables would walk into the 22. Petruccelle and a fit Cameron would be around the mark. J Jones would be too. All of them are or have been unavailable or do not have the fitness base due to injury.

Appreciate your concern for my health but it’s not needed as I already have a great family do that for me.
But thanks all the same. 👍

Admire your optimism but it might need to be tempered with some realistic assessment of where we are now placed on the ladder and how that will impact the chances of another Flag this season.

The team needed to grasp its opportunity last night and we failed to do so.

Apologies each to their own, but I didn’t find it a laughing matter.
Thanks for the sensitive reply. I am a believer that if we all heap "positive" into a situation then it has more chance of a positive outcome. Must be my 60's upbringing :D

Do you seriously believe playing Nic in 4 games in 15 days would be smart?

Yes. He's a professional athlete and a grown man, not a child. If others have to do it, so can Nic. It was a must win game and WC needed him in order to win given how many were already missing. WC should have rested him when more players had returned from injury, and not in such a high stakes 50/50 game. WC lost their gamble. WC resting him was not a smart move. WC's conservative approach to Nic played a part in their loss.

The Saints have a strong ruck combo. much better than the Dogs so if you were resting him it would be against the Dogs.

A tired and sore Nic still would've done better than Hickey.

We lost by 1 bullshit call review. The second camera angle clearly shows the ball inside the line of the post. But that is football and the AFL with their cheap. crap review technology.

I'm not going to blame a call review, I'm saying that if Nic played WC more than likely win. WC also wouldn't have gotten bogged down in their backline as much as they did if Nic plays. WC likely kick a couple of extra goals due to clean centre breaks. Resting Nic was a gamble, and not all gamble's come off. This one certainly did not.

With Shuey out and Yeo and Nic and Hutchings with a hammie early we lost by 2 points. Could have gone the other way but it didn't.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Resting Nic was the straw that broke the camel's back. Too many outs at one time. That's why he needed to play in a must win game, even if sore.

If we had of won with a correct review what would you be saying?

If Nic played, WC more than likely wins and the review becomes irrelevant.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I make a request of the WC BF board?

Can anyone replying to Pulsedriver please make just 1 point in their response? Obi, I use your post only as an example but you have written a response here with up to 5 quotable passages to respond to in infinite detail. I just dont think I can take another drawn out multi quote sh*t post the Monday after a loss.

Please and thankyou.

If folks are going to pack so many points into one post, a multi-quote is required to understand what's specifically being responded to.

Yes. He's a professional athlete and a grown man, not a child. If others have to do it, so can Nic? It was a must win game and WC needed him in order to win given how many were already missing. WC should have rested him when more players had returned from injury, and not in such a high stakes 50/50 game. WC lost their gamble. WC resting him was not a smart move. WC's conservative approach to Nic played a part in their loss.

I'm not going to blame a call review, I'm saying that if Nic played WC more than likely win. WC also wouldn't have gotten bogged down in their backline as much as they did if Nic plays. WC likely kick a couple of extra goals due to clean centre breaks. Resting Nic was a gamble, and not all gamble's come off. This one certainly did not.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Resting Nic was the straw that broke the camel's back. Too many outs at one time. That's why he needed to play in a must win game, even if sore.

I am not sure if you heard the commentators when they said....N.N not playing because of a back injury received at training?
Now, if he had played and then exacerbated said injury and could not finish out the season and we play finals and.....well, you can finish the rest ;)

If folks are going to pack so many points into one post, a multi-quote is required to understand what's specifically being responded to.
Hence the request...

In fact most people can follow an argument containing more than a single point and can tell what is being referred to/argued. Seems you just have trouble organising your thoughts into anything that might be considered succinct and to the point and as a result end up repeating yourself over and over in slightly different ways.

Last edited:
Thanks for the sensitive reply. I am a believer that if we all heap "positive" into a situation then it has more chance of a positive outcome. Must be my 60's upbringing :D

If this forum only speaks about the positives, it turns into an echo chamber of BS from fanboys. (There's always Farcebook for that.) I'd rather treat my fellow posters as adults, in that they're mentally and emotionally strong enough to discus the positives and the negatives, not just the positives alone, without bitching, whinging and moaning that others dare share an opinion that offends their delicate sensibilities.

Last edited:
I am not sure if you heard the commentators when they said....N.N not playing because of a back injury received at training?
Now, if he had played and then exacerbated said injury and could not finish out the season and we play finals and.....well, you can finish the rest ;)

Simpson said wrt Nic's back that it was a bit tight, meaning Nic was a bit sore. Players play sore all the time. Being stiff and tight comes with the physicality of the game.

Simpson said wrt Nic's back that it was a bit tight, meaning Nic was a bit sore. Players play sore all the time. Being stiff and tight comes with the physicality of the game.
A tight lower back is a precursor to hamstring and calf tears. You only need to look back1 week to find a prime example.

Yes. He's a professional athlete and a grown man, not a child. If others have to do it, so can Nic? It was a must win game and WC needed him in order to win given how many were already missing. WC should have rested him when more players had returned from injury, and not in such a high stakes 50/50 game. WC lost their gamble. WC resting him was not a smart move. WC's conservative approach to Nic played a part in their loss.

Have you considered that maybe.....just maybe the club has a better idea on who is fit to play and who isn't?

We 'coulda' played Nic and we 'coulda' won the game maybe. We 'coulda' not rested anyone and IF we were lucky no one woulda got injured.

You have put up just as many coulda woulda statements as anyone.

What would you have said if we played a sore Nic and he copped another injury?

Your 20 20 hindsight unfortunately isn't something the club has access too.

Hence the request...

I'm glad you pointed it out, as some don't understand why I use the multi-quote function.

In fact most people can follow an argument containing more than a single point and can tell what is being referred to/argued.

That's not my experience on this forum. When I haven't multi-quoted when I should've, I then have to post again to clarify what I was referring to. Hence I multi-quote to save the time and effort.

Seems you just have trouble organising your thoughts into anything that might be considered succinct and to the point and as a result end up repeating yourself over and over in slightly different ways.

Different folks respond to me with points I've already covered in previous posts, hence they get the same or similar reply in different words.

If this forum only speaks about the positives, it turns into an echo chamber of BS from fanboys. (There's always Farcebook for that.) I'd rather treat my fellow posters as adults, in that they're mentally and emotional strong enough to discus the positives and the negatives, not just the positives alone, without bitching, whinging and moaning that others dare share an opinion that offends their delicate sensibilities.
Please do not misconstrue my reply to another poster as my reflection of the game and how i see it. It was in context to his post to me.

I'm glad you pointed it out,
You

as some don't understand why I use the multi-quote function.

Are

That's not my experience on this forum.

A
When I haven't multi-quoted when I should've, I then have to post again to clarify what I was referring to. Hence I multi-quote to save the time and effort.
Knob

Different folks respond to me with points I've already covered in previous posts, hence they get the same or similar reply in different words.

Welcome to what I imagine would be yet another ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back