Play Nice The Sanctuary Thread v1 [Off-Season Review] [No Melting]

Remove this Banner Ad

sanctuary.png

Welcome to the first trial of the Sanctuary match preview, game day and review thread.

whatIsThis.png
Simply, a place for discussion. The Sanctuary will be used for match preview, game day, and post-match analysis discussion - but with one difference...

Good Vibes Only.png
What does this mean?
- Level headed, rational discussion.
- No melts, no abuse, no rage, no attitude.
- A positive space for those who wish to partake in discussion but wish to avoid excessive negative behaviours.
- Offending posters will have access to this thread revoked.
- This is a trial run of a concept based on feedback we have seen. If successful, we may expand the concept in the future.

theRules.png

- Normal BigFooty & Saints Forum Rules Apply.

clickHereForRules.png

- No melting. No toxic behaviour. No abuse.
- Negative language including insults and harsh criticism, no matter how thinly veiled, is not tolerated here.
- No arguing or attacking other users. You may rationally discuss points of contention.
- Rational discussion goes both ways. Posting inflammatory comments with no justification, and no invitation for discussion, is not allowed.
- To start with, opposition supporters may post here if they completely abide by the rules.
-If you see a post that you don't think belongs here - report it and/or PM a mod. Do not respond to trolls or contribute to arguments.
- These rules may change at any time without notice. Remember that this is a trial of a new concept.

toxic.png

Users breaching the thread rules will be thread-banned immediately.
Breaching Forum Rules will still incur the usual penalties.

Send a PM if you have a question.
As per the rules, mods will allow respectful dialogue questioning a decision will be responded to in kind.
Disrespectful communications will be ignored and may result in an infringement.

why.png
We have lost numerous good posters due to the unpleasant nature of the forums when things don't go to plan.
We have current members who avoid Gameday and Autopsy threads because of the pointless arguments, vitriolic melts and generally negative environment
Everybody deserves a place to be able to talk about the game and the club they love without needing to tolerate this behaviour.
We hope this will be that place.

If this is the kind of thing you would like to see, please contribute by joining the conversation and providing your feedback!​

1599476729298.png

Just three short days away from a potentially season-defining game.

If we can play our best, we can do it. King and Membrey will be welcome returns to stabilise the forward line.
This game more than ever we need to be smart about how we deliver the ball.
Let's hope we've learned our lesson.

I would love us to be in the finals but i bet realistically at the beginning of the year, who would have thought we would win so many games, and be in the hunt for a finals spot.

I would love us to be in the finals but i bet realistically at the beginning of the year, who would have thought we would win so many games, and be in the hunt for a finals spot.

We have well and truly exceeded pre-season expectations. We want more obviously now that we've made it this far, but it's important to remember - who thought we'd even be in the conversation at this point in time?
Happy to be here and hope we make the most of it.

Basically we need to win one of two games, nothing more, nothing less.

We should have been firmly in the eight except for four losses under a goal, two from 5 goal leads.

I will say however, we were bedding in our gameplan even up to the Freo game. So the games v Brisbane and Melbourne were close but not a gameplan issue, execution maybe, gameplan not.

I liked the way we shut down the game yesterday, got it our terms and still kicked 12 goals. This is a real indication we are learning.

Not a season autopsy thread but some real positives.
From the players from the 'cho era.
Steele
Marshall
Coff
Clark
Paton
Long
Wilkie, all have all stepped up.
The five we brought in
Butler has been a star
Paddy a revelation
Doogs, settling well
Jones has been better than expected
Hill, a bit shaky early but coming into some excellent form.
We beat
Richmond
Carlton
Essendon
Hawthorn in one season
We beat Adelaide and Port twice in 4 days commuting to the Adelaide Oval
7 of our 9 wins have been away wins.

All done in a plague year.

A lot to like my friends.

Super initiative.. I am not one of a game day person myself, but no doubt will come in post game to discuss the game in general.

As I said in the preview thread, reckon this game runs to the same script as the Brisbane game. Let's just hope we have learnt our lesson.

NicNat will be the key, and unfortunately there is no way to stop him. Break even in the middle and lower our eyes going forward and we should be fine.

Melbourne....glugg glugg glugg. Season over for them. They probably do not deserve to be there as they have been consistently inconsistent. Supporters must be tearing their hair out and with no skiing either...just a really bad year.

Now onto us. I See us playing Bullies in the finals in what will be a rip snorter.

If ever there was a chance to make a statement to the competition it is now. WCE are no good up North and the most vulnerable to us beating them in the last 10 years. Do us a great boost to do them.

Same with GWS they have never been more on their knees and ready for the sword than this season.

Win them both and sets us up for a strong precedent for next year.

Bullies if we get there will be a toss up and if we do win I struggle to see us beating anyone except for Port in the next round.

We lack a bit of star power through the mid field at the moment. Next year Clark and a fit Gresham step up as does another preseason into Caldwell may produce an unexpected result similar to Steele.

Would love to see Billings develop into a marking fwd flanker more so for variety of options going forward and use either Caldwell or out of favour Fiorini from GCS on a wing....like we did with Jones/Butler.

Look out if that happens and we snare a Free agent as well. Crouch or Williams. Upgrades on a few gaps and adds strength to our depth.

Three sleeps to we pluck a sick Weagles.

Go Saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised your keyboard did not burst into flames on this board.
Gringo I love your heart on a sleeve comments good and bad.
I feel like a criminal at a church meeting in here. I might head back out to the badlands.

Surprised your keyboard did not burst into flames on this board.
Gringo I love your heart on a sleeve comments good and bad.

It's apartheid for the deranged. I'm calling the human rights commission. :D

Basically we need to win one of two games, nothing more, nothing less.

We should have been firmly in the eight except for four losses under a goal, two from 5 goal leads.

I will say however, we were bedding in our gameplan even up to the Freo game. So the games v Brisbane and Melbourne were close but not a gameplan issue, execution maybe, gameplan not.

I liked the way we shut down the game yesterday, got it our terms and still kicked 12 goals. This is a real indication we are learning.

Not a season autopsy thread but some real positives.
From the players from the 'cho era.
Steele
Marshall
Coff
Clark
Paton
Long
Wilkie, all have all stepped up.
The five we brought in
Butler has been a star
Paddy a revelation
Doogs, settling well
Jones has been better than expected
Hill, a bit shaky early but coming into some excellent form.
We beat
Richmond
Carlton
Essendon
Hawthorn in one season
We beat Adelaide and Port twice in 4 days commuting to the Adelaide Oval
7 of our 9 wins have been away wins.

All done in a plague year.

A lot to like my friends.
It's been a remarkable season all told.
We've shaken off several persistent hoodoos, and our mental issues displayed against Norff and Freo, then Brizzy and Melbourne are on the improve even if we didn't squeeze a win out of the last two.

With an already average midfield, we've lost Dunny, Hanners and Gresh, and still we're on the cusp of making finals.

We're a solid chance both these next games. That last win was ugly but they would have gained some real heart from it.
I can't wait for Thursday!

yey, melt/rant free zone.

super happy with the season, huge changes on and off-field, lots still to work on, midfield needs huge help still, happy with the defence, fwd needs more work, someone like a Gunstan maybe? we need to work on better avenues to goal, need Max to clunk a few more marks. overall lots to be excited about.

WC are gettable but not sure our form will get the job done, will take a super effort from our midfield.

View attachment 955566

Welcome to the first trial of the Sanctuary match preview, game day and review thread.

View attachment 955573
Simply, a place for discussion. The Sanctuary will be used for match preview, game day, and post-match analysis discussion - but with one difference...

View attachment 955014
What does this mean?
- Level headed, rational discussion.
- No melts, no abuse, no rage, no attitude.
- A positive space for those who wish to partake in discussion but wish to avoid excessive negative behaviours.
- Offending posters will have access to this thread revoked.
- This is a trial run of a concept based on feedback we have seen. If successful, we may expand the concept in the future.

View attachment 955568

- Normal BigFooty & Saints Forum Rules Apply.

View attachment 955569

- No melting. No toxic behaviour. No abuse.
- Negative language including insults and harsh criticism, no matter how thinly veiled, is not tolerated here.
- No arguing or attacking other users. You may rationally discuss points of contention.
- Rational discussion goes both ways. Posting inflammatory comments with no justification, and no invitation for discussion, is not allowed.
- To start with, opposition supporters may post here if they completely abide by the rules.
-If you see a post that you don't think belongs here - report it and/or PM a mod. Do not respond to trolls or contribute to arguments.
- These rules may change at any time without notice. Remember that this is a trial of a new concept.

View attachment 955570

Users breaching the thread rules will be thread-banned immediately.
Breaching Forum Rules will still incur the usual penalties.

Send a PM if you have a question.
As per the rules, mods will allow respectful dialogue questioning a decision will be responded to in kind.
Disrespectful communications will be ignored and may result in an infringement.

View attachment 955571
We have lost numerous good posters due to the unpleasant nature of the forums when things don't go to plan.
We have current members who avoid Gameday and Autopsy threads because of the pointless arguments, vitriolic melts and generally negative environment
Everybody deserves a place to be able to talk about the game and the club they love without needing to tolerate this behaviour.
We hope this will be that place.

If this is the kind of thing you would like to see, please contribute by joining the conversation and providing your feedback!​
Brilliant idea. I was thinking of suggesting a melts thread, so all those wanting to get stuck in could do so and leave everyone else to talk footy but this idea is just as good.
I’m absolutely thrilled with how we’ve gone this season. It usually takes months at least for a young team playing a new system to jell but we literally took weeks. Now we’re varying that system up a bit and doing a pretty good job with that too.
We’ve got a fantastic coach in Ratts and some very quick and talented core players. The future looks bright.
We could struggle against the Eagles though. They are the typical mature bodied and experienced side that young teams can struggle against.
I really hope we get the opportunity to play our helter skelter game against them. If we do, we could not only win but bury them.
A bit of a shout out to Victorian saints fans. We know you’re doing it tough and you have our thoughts and wishes that this f...ing plague eases off soon and disappears completely soon after. The saints live are a sight to behold when firing and worth waiting for.

bonts goal that seemed a goal by about a cm has meant one more win. Down to 9 sides now. Well for us to be replaced. Don’t care about other sides. If somehow gws lose today it probably doesn’t alter anything unless Melbourne beat them next week which I can’t see happening. In the end we probably need a win. Having said that I reckon none of us have got a ladder predictor right in the last 2 weeks.

I feel like a criminal at a church meeting in here. I might head back out to the badlands.

Good morning Mr. gringo2011 & how are you on this Tuesday morning after hearing one of the teams vying for the eight got beaten?
We have a lovely sunny day up here in the Darling Downs Qld., hows the weather with you?

Oh! FFS! Hubnester thankfully the game is on Thursday, coz there is no way in hell we are going to get through a full week being nice to one another. 😂😂

One more win and I reckon we are safe- probably 6th.​
West Coast very gettable this week. They're at the end of their compressed fixture and they're a bit banged up. If we neutralize NicNat and limit the clean clearances we will get them. Reckon Gov misses which will be great for our chances.​
Go in with Winx, Skunk and a heap of running smalls. Drop the ball to players on the lead 35m out rather than bomb to the top of the square.​
Saints by 13​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back