Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherman41

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2006
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry fellas, just stopping by for a rant!

F U Mummy for putting your knee through Josh Kelly’s face. The Kent not getting up this game has cost me a semi final as my Kent of an opponent traded him to Matt Crouch. While I held him for my 2 prelims.

If the Kent doesn’t get up for Melbourne I will be back again to vent.

Have a great day everyone.

rd 14:
double downgrade to get Jelly, he scores 70 and gets KO'd

rd 15:
doesn't play

rd 16:
not playing, so I might trade him out

You can't make this sh*t up
Jelly to MCrouch for a cool 148

See kids, we all make mistakes, it's how you fix them that counts
except I blew 4 trades on this Jelly adventure and now I only have 1 trade left, so I'm going to be posting in here next week when 4 of my players are dropped/rested/injured

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
Jack Martin what a pretender.

I've owned this kent for 3 weeks after he pulled out a 144 from his arse only for him to serve up garbage scores. To top it all off the campaigner goes and gets himself injured. 😡

Will probably trade him to the Chad now cause I'm a poor kent. 😄

Last edited:
Imagine picking Lachie Weller as a defender POD and keeping him the whole year.

Life ban from my squad.
Wasn't as bad as GC giving up pick 2 in real life.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
1599716432788.png

My last six premo trade-ins of the season (all made over the last 3 weeks or so, some were sideways for byes):

Ridley: 2/3 under 100 after only four under 100 all year. s**t.
Saad: Tossed up a delightful 66 this week, but ok the last two. Average-s**t
Martin: 63, 72, 36. s**t and dead.
Coniglio: Two scores in the 70s. s**t.
Brayshaw: Rougheaded back in for a 63. Better this week.
Berry: Came out firing with a 141, followed by a 48 and is now dead.

Argument could be feasibly be made that I picked the absolute worst option in the price range for 5/6 of those :rainbow:

EDIT: Oh, and along with Martin and Berry, I own Doch and Spudkin and am the proud holder of zero trades for prelim round.

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
My last six premo trade-ins of the season (all made over the last 3 weeks or so, some were sideways for byes):

Ridley: 2/3 under 100 after only four under 100 all year. sh*t.
Saad: Tossed up a delightful 66 this week, but ok the last two. Average-sh*t
Martin: 63, 72, 36. sh*t and dead.
Coniglio: Two scores in the 70s. sh*t.
Brayshaw: Rougheaded back in for a 63. Better this week.
Berry: Came out firing with a 141, followed by a 48 and is now dead.

Argument could be feasibly be made that I picked the absolute worst option in the price range for 5/6 of those :rainbow:

EDIT: Oh, and along with Martin and Berry, I own Doch and Spudkin and am the proud holder of zero trades for prelim round.
INCOMPLETE: No J Kelly :crossmark:

Gethsemene

All Australian
Apr 4, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I also STUPIDLY ignored my head telling me to go to a 117k M/F donut and traded Coleman, now with Tobe back alive I have no VC loop next week, my only non playing spuds are Xerri and McGovern (who will be traded out) and both play in game 1 of R18. I’m currently trying to decide whether to go super Premo and keep a rookie on field with a loophole option or two solid premo’s for R18.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Rozee ....say no more

Yeah trading him in after Rd2 is one of my biggest regrets of this year, along with trading out Brayshaw after Rd1 before he had a breakout premo year.

Trading Dangerfield to Fyfe prior to the game Fyfe did his hammy was another doozy.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
My Top10 season 2020 regrets. :fire::$:fire:

1) Starting the season with 5 perma-doughnuts: BJ Williams, Dev Robertson, Mitch Hibberd, Conroy & Cavarra. (I only expected Conroy to be a perma-doughnut at the time) I traded Hibbo out after a few rounds for zero profit a week before he played his 1st game. 56k in combined cash gen from the other 4 who remained on my bench all season. How I managed to *cough* "complete" my team by Rd13 will remain one of life's great mysteries.

2) Starting the season with Fort at F6. Originally I had Curtis Taylor in this spot and $200k+ in the Bank (something I do every year) but instead I used up nearly every dollar just before Rd1 lockout on this spud instead. Severely compromising which rookies I could afford to start with (see above)

3) Starting with spud Ceglar thinking he'd be good for a 90+ ave F6 being a KoTD ruck and all whilst providing ruck cover at some stage.

4) Trading out Andrew Brayshaw > Chad Wingard in Rd2.

5) Trading Fort (dropped) > break-out 'SP' Ben Long in Rd2 (for 42 points)

6) Rage trading "mistake" Ben Long > Sturt in Rd3 (for 11 points and injured)

7) Sideways trading Whitfield > Fyfe in Rd4 after Whitfield was injured only for Fyfe to only last 1/2 a game before also getting injured forcing another sideways trade.

8) Upgrading Serong > Gus Brayshaw in Rd13 (chasing previous few high scores) for a return of 2 meh scores and a season ending injury.

9) Upgrading SP Thurlow > Harris Andrews in Rd 15 only for Andrews to last 1/2 a game before succumbing to a season ending injury.

10) Captaining Neale in Rd13 for 72x2

Yet despite all these hilarious missteps and clownschool moves, I'm somehow Ranked 889 overall with 1 Rd to play and a slim chance for a 3rd consecutive Top1k finish. Big shoutout to the 150k+ Ghost-ship teams & WaynesWorld19 for making this possible. :)

See here for My top10 'winning moves' of 2020 :moustache:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back