Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Pretty sure you have to get nominated to win it 🤪

It’s okay though because you can hear it in anyones voices that has commentated Hawks games this year that they know we got ourselves a beauty.

Made the squad for the under 22 team. Only one of 4 first year players, others being Ballard, Anderson and Serong.

Geez - Worps is a bit stiff to not make it ahead of Rowbottom or Anderson.

Do people just assume he's over 22?

Talks very well and seems pretty mature. Love how he talk about playing with the young guys as well like he’s not one of them.

Has the club Captain fronted up to the cameras after a loss (or even a win) this year? Or just a puff presser ahead of his 200th?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Scrimshaw turned 22 last Friday so that's making him ineligible. Apparently the rule is you can't turn 22 before the end of the season.

Weird rule since the other youth award Rising Star has a age date set for the start of the season.
It's turning 23 before the end of the season I believe, that's why Weitering was eligible.

It's turning 23 before the end of the season I believe, that's why Weitering was eligible.
Still weird since Rising Star is start of year. But now I'm also furious Scrimshaw missed out!

Anyway well done to Day.

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I actually think day is more his own player, we will look back in 10 year and see the new modern game player. Clean, fast, dynamic and takes a number of marks.

Barring no injuries he is a bonafide star for the next 15 years.

Would like to see him play forward in the last two games

B&GBlood

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I actually think day is more his own player, we will look back in 10 year and see the new modern game player. Clean, fast, dynamic and takes a number of marks.

Nah. Forwards get banged up more leave him back

I agree. After he retires we'll look back at the end of the Day and just think "wow, that was a truly great Day".

If Day can put on some weight and add some endurance he could be Pendles 2.0.
If? You know he will do both. He's put on weight already but also still growing. He's taller and heavier than when drafted.

Not sure what role he will end up playing but he's got a lot of good traits

Remove this Banner Ad

Back