Streaming The Boys (Amazon)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I had switched TVs to watch this and wasn't sure if my settings just weren't the same. No subtitles for me either.

How do we fill in large parts of the episodes

Lets just write stuff that 99% of the audience won't understand and don't subtitle it

Also, was there this much ******* swearing in S1? There is so much it sounds a bit intrusive and forced.

I also watched on Prime.

There were subtitles for most of the Kimiko/brother scenes (not at first though until it becomes clear who he is iirc). There were no subtitles when the smugglers were speaking French in an earlier episode though

This is bizzare, i had subtitles during that part lol

Watched it on prime as well and subtitles were there. Weird.

Anyway, not the greatest start to the season I would say. Glad I wasnt the only one who found The Deep talking to his gills thing quite tiresome. I actually skipped ahead, have never done that before watching this series.

Homelander making drinking milk to be as ******* awkward and disturbing is a masterclass in acting. Great stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I found the subtitles weird too. I had to turn them on to find no subtitles for when those guys were talking French (the subtitles literally said "Talking French"), and then there were subtitles for the sign language. But if I hadn't turned on the subtitles I would never have known this.

Season 1 was the best of Game of Thrones.
Season 1 had no money so we saw zero battle scenes. just the soldiers walking off to war and then coming back from it. it was mostly awful save for ned stark getting captured and his head getting chopped off. No dragons. Too much of sanya fawning over joffrey. Season 2 and season 6 were the best.

Season 1 had no money so we saw zero battle scenes. just the soldiers walking off to war and then coming back from it. it was mostly awful save for ned stark getting captured and his head getting chopped off. No dragons. Too much of sanya fawning over joffrey. Season 2 and season 6 were the best.

The dragons were the worst part of the show. It thrived when was at its most grounded like a medieval Sopranos. The need for battles and action is childish, a scene with Charles dance plotting machinations was more intriguing than anything after season 5.

The dragons were the worst part of the show. It thrived when was at its most grounded like a medieval Sopranos. The need for battles and action is childish, a scene with Charles dance plotting machinations was more intriguing than anything after season 5.
Then why exactly are you watching the boys? Its just violence, action and cliched characters and storylines. Zero depth.

Ps. Character development in good story telling happens in battles. In fact its accelerated far beyond what talking scenes can do.

Thenwhy exactly are you watching the boys? Its just violence, action and cliched characters and storylines. Zero depth.

Ps. Character development in good story telling happens in battles. In fact its accelerated far beyond what talking scenes can do

Incorrect. The complexity is subtle and with your Game of Thrones opinion its clear you don’t have the eye for or care for subtlety.

This is the best scene in the entirety of the show.

No fire, no action, no budget required. Just a brother accusing his siblings of something without saying anything.

Last edited:
Incorrect. The complexity is subtle and with your Game of Thrones opinion its clear you don’t have the eye for or care for subtlety.

This is the best scene in the entirety of the show.

No fire, no action, no budget required. Just a brother accusing his siblings of something without saying anything.

Are you serious? Thst is a rather dull unmemorable scene. Boring dialogue. Little emotion. acting only average.

Are you serious? Thst is a rather dull unmemorable scene. Boring dialogue. Little emotion. acting only average.

That says it all. Tyrion just informing his incestual siblings that he’s aware they have something to do with attempting to murder the son of a powerful ally, all in front of their children, before Jamie questions whether he’ll betray them.

The world building in this ‘nothing’ scene is artful. It informs the audience Tyrion is aware of their relationship, understands them to be capable of barbarism, it shows the balls on him to openly taunt them for his own enjoyment. It shows Cersei and Jamie fear him with the well timed glance At each other, and that Jamie respects him but also would do whatever it takes to protect the family, including a subtle threat to his brother.

The acting is the best it gets. It’s easy to emote, it’s hard to act like you’re hiding emotions.

Last edited:
That says it all. Tyrion just informing his incestual siblings that he’s aware they have something to do with attempting to murder the son of a powerful ally, all in front of their children, before Jamie questions whether he’ll betray them.

The world building in this ‘nothing’ scene is artful. It informs the audience Tyrion is aware of their relationship, understands them to be capable of barbarism, it shows the balls on him to openly taunt them for his own enjoyment. It shows Cersei and Jamie fear him with the well timed glance At each other, and that Jamie respects him but also would do whatever it takes to protect the family, including a subtle threat to his brother.
The dialogue is poor. the emotions constrained. Its just a unmemorable scene to carry the plot foward. Nothing more. Even season 8 has heaps of better scenes them this and its a terrible season written by utter morons.

The dialogue is poor. the emotions constrained. Its just a unmemorable scene to carry the plot foward. Nothing more. Even season 8 has heaps of better scenes them this and its a terrible season written by utter morons.

The dialogue is phenomenal. Unmemorable to you because you need to beaten over the head to see the stick.

Heighten emotional scenes are easy to sell as poignant. It takes real craft to move the story in small moments.

Last edited:
The dialogue is phenomenal. Unmemorable to you because you need to beaten over the head to see the stick.

Heighten emotional scenes are easy to sell as poignant. It takes real craft to move the story in small moments.
minimalism is the emperor new clothes.

a drawing of a can of soup is not effing art

a white wall with a plain white table does not make a satisfying dining room and

some slightly raised eyebrows with little expression and dialogue that an 8 year old can understand is not great television.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back