Player Watch #11 Tom Papley - Telling it like it is

Remove this Banner Ad

idTAwFiA.jpg

Tom Papley

Player Profile

Tom Papley swapped his plumbing tools for a Sherrin when the Sydney Swans sprung a draft surprise in 2015 – and the pocket-rocket forward has since become a crucial member of coach John Longmire’s side. Papley has played 20 or more senior games in every one of his four full seasons in the AFL and was at his best in 2019, topping Sydney’s goal-kicking leaderboard and finishing fourth in the Bob Skilton Medal voting. The Gippsland Power product took on more time in the midfield in 2019 and is likely to again split his time between the forward line and centre bounce this year. Papley was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in 2017. Draft history: 2016 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 12; 2016 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney).

Tom Papley
DOB: 13 July 1996
DEBUT:2016
DRAFT: 2016
RECRUITED FROM: Bunyip (Vic)/Gippsland U18

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all opposition posters are trolls.

Correct. One of my friends old co-worker goes for the swans. I don't mind them. And I didn't think it was a crime to enjoy exciting players. Papley is prob one of the most fun and exciting players to watch, so I'm a fan. I follow him and the club on insta, and saw the posts and thought it should be shared. If that was wrong of me, I apologise.
Nah keep sharing. I don't follow other social media stuff so like seeing the content. And you're not rude like some non Swans posters so you haven't earnt my wrath and bluntness

What is UP and i know it's the opposite of down
It's a wonderful animated movie about an elderly man who's lost his wife so he fills up a gazillion balloons and floats his house away.
A beautiful movie if you ever get the chance.

Comparing you to him is meant as a compliment btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a wonderful animated movie about an elderly man who's lost his wife so he fills up a gazillion balloons and floats his house away.
A beautiful movie if you ever get the chance.

Comparing you to him is meant as a compliment btw.
Thank you . I'm not as old or grumpy as some think. Just don't tolerate some in these times.

We all know how good papley is but an honest assessment of our list says we need a genuine ruckman and if papley is the piece that allows us to get one then id be willing to trade him. We can replace a small forward much easier than we can find a genuine ruck.

We all know how good papley is but an honest assessment of our list says we need a genuine ruckman and if papley is the piece that allows us to get one then id be willing to trade him. We can replace a small forward much easier than we can find a genuine ruck.

wonder who will reply to this

Typical. A Papley thread becomes all about Bedford.

can the mods text me when we go off topic so i can log on, i missed all the up stuff, no fair

Couldn't care less who replies to this. Its a Tom Papley thread on a public forum open to anyone's opinion on Tom.

absolutely

i think theresa limited amount of good rucks at the moment

just hope we dont end up with cox (overpaid) or bellchambers if we do chase one

there is an argument papley wont everbe worth more, but then he is a key player, but as you say if he were leaving, maybe theres a win to be had

absolutely

there is an argument papley wont everbe worth more, but then he is a key player, but as you say if he were leaving, maybe theres a win to be had
IF he wants to go and Carlton are that desperate then the offer should be Papley for DeKoning. That's it. Put the ball in their court, take it or leave it.

absolutely

Who's Theresa? Is she the girl that made tom want to move back to Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back