Tall Tales and True

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, West Ham Utd,
Don't want to 'ruffle feathers', be politically incorrect or compromise privacy, but ... do we know the 'adjustments' to the coaching group?

(Worth noting, Clarko mentioned on the 'Heavy Hitters' podcast that we'd had one eye on the future & kept some folk 'w potential' (my words) instead of some better established.

I really liked the make-up of the coaching group as it stood, particularly some of the recent Box Hill/Development appts., but understand there were few options.

Many thanks to all those guys, & good luck in the future, however it pans out.

(Great to see big 'Monky' on the track still ... an institution 'round the place these days, & our resident 'bench coach'.)

Thanks, guys.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Former Richmond and Greater Western Sydney star Brett Deledio headlines a number of development coaches who have been stood down at Waverley Park. Premiership Hawk Max Bailey, who is also doubles as the Box Hill VFL coach, is among them, while ruck and bench coach Damian Monkhorst hasn't re-joined for now. The Hawks have retained all of their line coaches for the season restart.

.... though TTT saw Monky on the track still?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damian Carroll finishing up. Been a big part of the BHH/HFC family for a long time.

Guess now is the time we're telling the Assistant Coaches who doesn't definitely have a job next year

That is disappointing news but a sign of the times that good people are being squeezed out.
SAD Sad day loved DC was very approachable and always said hello. He walked around with a smile and we will miss him around the club

Very surprised to see Monkey let go too!
He was?

Article on the AFL website only indicates he was stood down during the shutdown period along with DC, Bailey, Deledio, Baker and Bello

He was?

Article on the AFL website only indicates he was stood down during the shutdown period along with DC, Bailey, Deledio, Baker and Bello

Oh perhaps I misinterpreted what stood down meant?

I had just assumed that all those that were stood down, won't be coming back.

Oh perhaps I misinterpreted what stood down meant?

I had just assumed that all those that were stood down, won't be coming back.
I am fairly certain I have seen Monkey on the bench during games at on socials in the hubs. Can't vouch for the others though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back