Competition 'What Is The Greatest Football Jumper' Preliminary Finals [High Image Thread]

What Is The Greatest Football Jumper?

• 1. West Coast Heritage 2005 v

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • 1. Fitzroy Home 1974

Votes: 29 48.3%
  • 2. St Kilda Home 1997 v

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • 2. Port Adelaide Home 1978

Votes: 32 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Jumper R5.jpg

The BigFooty FJDG Presents: THE GREATEST FOOTBALL JUMPER

This is where you get to vote down to the ultimate jumper of all time, selected by you!
You may remember putting forward your jumpers and the knocking it down to this ultimate list of 64 jumpers to be voted on and knocked out!

In this thread we will be playing the Preliminary Finals!

RULES:
- You can only vote once and you can't change your vote, so vote wisely!
- You can't see the results until you vote to stop people voting with their emotions
- The poll will be open for 4 days
- You are voting anonymously
- You can only vote for one jumper in each match up

Footy Jumpers supplied by footyjumpers.com and the knock out image supplied by FreightTrain

Good luck!
West Coast Heritage 2005 v Fitzroy Home 1974

1597208094270.png
v
1597827028361.png

St Kilda Home 1997 v Port Adelaide Home 1978

1598400518169.png
v
1598400582779.png

Congratulations Freight Train and terrybull your submissions have made the Prelims!

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yellow over the blue though? I don't understand how the weagles away beat their classic home :(

I think on this board we've always preferred the yellow wings for having a bit more of a unique look; there have been a lot of blue-based jumpers over the years but barely any yellow-based.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Perhaps if it was the OG 80's wings it might've swung a bit more votes over. They did nail the colours for the 2005 heritage but the actual wings design feels a bit squashed in those years. Either design will probably lose to the PBs anyway.

Perhaps if it was the OG 80's wings it might've swung a bit more votes over. They did nail the colours for the 2005 heritage but the actual wings design feels a bit squashed in those years. Either design will probably lose to the PBs anyway.
OG wings got knocked out in the pre Comp, comp

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
I actually think the PB are totally overrated, but that's just me

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I actually think the PB are totally overrated, but that's just me
it is definitely up there for its symbolism and history but it's not my personal favourite I would have to agree. However from these choices it would be the PBs for me. The competition is 'Greatest Footy Jumper', if it was 'Greatest Footy Jumper Design' then there might be a few above the PBs in my books.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredible result
Honestly, an absolute surprise - but worth it for your image!
Astonishing result.

Have honestly never heard once the Roys jumper come up in conversation as one of the GOATs, yet here we are. 🤷‍♂️
That's the strange thing really, if it lost to the Bounding Roo I could make sense of that, but I have never heard of the Roys kit being one of our favourites.
Can it take down the early favourite?

That said, admittedly I voted for the Roy jumper because if we are talking the greatest 'football jumper' the Roys is probably one of the great 'footy jumper' where the Wings is a great looking jumper and design but against the Roys for pure football jumperness it just lost out, perhaps on the technicality of the wording of the poll.

That said, I never thought the majority would agree

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Yeah that's where semantics comes into it. Great Football Jumper, in my personal view, is a combination of design, history and how iconic it is. The Roy obviously has more history than the Wings, design-wise I do think the Wings are better, but when you consider that Fitzroy are now a defunct team it has this aura of nostalgia around it which sort of makes the jumper seem greater than it probably was (I wasn't alive to see Fitzroy so im purely speaking from an outsider perspective). And bringing it back to the PBs, there's obvious nostalgia associated with it, whether this inflates the perceived greatness of the jumper disproportionally I can't really measure but the meaning and history behind it brings it to the point where it could be considered the GOAT jumper. Which is why I could say simultaneously that the PBs is the best 'footy jumper' but still not think it's the best footy design.

Not sure if that carries across to anyone else but that's just me trying to make sense of it.

Thank you for listening to my TEDTalk

Yeah that's where semantics comes into it. Great Football Jumper, in my personal view, is a combination of design, history and how iconic it is. The Roy obviously has more history than the Wings, design-wise I do think the Wings are better, but when you consider that Fitzroy are now a defunct team it has this aura of nostalgia around it which sort of makes the jumper seem greater than it probably was (I wasn't alive to see Fitzroy so im purely speaking from an outsider perspective). And bringing it back to the PBs, there's obvious nostalgia associated with it, whether this inflates the perceived greatness of the jumper disproportionally I can't really measure but the meaning and history behind it brings it to the point where it could be considered the GOAT jumper. Which is why I could say simultaneously that the PBs is the best 'footy jumper' but still not think it's the best footy design.

Not sure if that carries across to anyone else but that's just me trying to make sense of it.

Thank you for listening to my TEDTalk
Out of interest, what is the best footy design in your opinion?

Back