Racing Melbourne Cup 2020. * All race day discussion and Tips in here *(no aftertiming)

Who wins the cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone else thrown in ??
Port guillaume?

Not sure he is thrown in but one that intrigues me is PATRICK SARSFIELD (54) - I don't even know if he will come and he probably won't go close to running the trip but at 100/1 i have had a small nibble. He is actually a winner in big fields unlike most of these (albeit in lower grade) and is unexposed.

Delphi needs to win a race to make the field. No chance of getting there on attrition at 7.5 off benchmark unless coronavirus spreads to horses.

I'd hate to have backed the likes of Shared Ambition and Schabau then at half the price!

Great news for Nickajackcave,won it's last start carrying 61.5kg with a good turn of foot.
It'll be like growing an extra leg at 53.5kg.
Almost unfair.

It turns out when you go up in class you go down in weight! Who knew!!!

up in the OOE
so will get a run
might have a nibble in the CC

Wait till Monday morning because if he wins well on the weekend in France they are going Arc instead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Marmelo or some horse help Vow and Declare get in then it won lol some rule technicality

Marmelo and Ispolini were ruled out by RV stewards because they looked at them funny

Had a decent go at the 9.50 about Surprise Baby.

Just ticks so many boxes. Can run the distance, enjoys Flemington, handles any surface, gets in well with the weights and showed last weekend he’s come back in very good order. It’s all they want, everything he does this spring is geared towards making sure he’s cherry ripe for the cup. Brave to say he’s hit his ceiling too, given he’s still only had 12 runs. Waited just to see he came back alright before diving in, surprised he drifted to be honest because I thought it was the perfect return. Shithouse field with a bunched finish but literally a mile too short of his ultimate goal.

If the plan is to get Dawn Patrol and Skyward into the Melbourne Cup, their placements (English St Leger and Prix Foy respectively) are surprising. They both probably need a win and re-handicap to get in, but they’ve chosen difficult races.

If the plan is to get Dawn Patrol and Skyward into the Melbourne Cup, their placements (English St Leger and Prix Foy respectively) are surprising. They both probably need a win and re-handicap to get in, but they’ve chosen difficult races.

Yes there is certainly some optimistic paths to the race being planned for those well down the pecking order, although I reckon Dawn Patrol is in there to make the pace for Santiago not to win and get in.

Skyward has none anyway - nowhere near good enough and just being hyped up because Messara owns him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back