Prediction Port Adelaide All Australians 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Boak and Dixon are locks. DBJ and Jonas should be around the mark. Butters is probably 5th in line but doubt he makes the squad.

Thought this’d be worth a discussion.

Usually minor premiers and ladder leaders have multiple, All Australians.

Will we? Go...
2004 first again we got 2, Tredrea and Chad, Brisbane 2nd again got 4, Johnson, Lappin, Black and Aker.

I predict we will finish top and only Boak gets selected (on the bench). Charlie will need to finish 2nd in the Coleman to make it as they will only go for 2 key forwards to leave room for 18 midfielders. DBJ and Jonas will make the squad as a patronising pat on the head for a good year for the team

Boak is the 100% guaranteed

Dixon has to finish 2nd in Coleman to be guaranteed - but I think they will pick Hawkins, Kennedy and Dixon, as have picked either 3 talls or 3 KPFs the last 5 years or so. Tredders and Richo push for KPF's, Darcy for 2 rucks.

Tredders will push hard for DBJ and Jonas but they wont make it in my opinion.

Boak is a lock.

Dixon is close, could get it at 3rd in the Coleman, will definitely get it if he's second.

I think Jonas and DBJ have had AA standard seasons and I'd love to see them recognised, but I don't think they have the profile in Victoria. Maaayyybee Jonas because he's the captain but I doubt it with DBJ.

Boak 100%, can't miss this year. He faded badly last year in the final rounds to narrowly miss out but he has already done enough for this year.
Dixon should at least get on the bench in my opinion.
Jonas probably should but won't.
Wines is a smokey, two big games to finish and he could sneak into the squad and a long shot on the bench. His AFLCA voting has him 13th placed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DBJ
Boak
Jonas

Boak will get in but the other 2 will miss as they are not playing for a vic side.

DBJ should definitely be in, solid as a rock, awesome decision making, awesome run and carry backed up by good skills.

Boak 100%, can't miss this year. He faded badly last year in the final rounds to narrowly miss out but he has already done enough for this year.
Wines is a smokey, two big games to finish and he could sneak into the squad and a long shot on the bench. His AFLCA voting has him 13th placed.
This is why Dixon is only 50/50 to make it. Although it's meant to be across the year, if two players, playing the same position have equally good years, but one is average in the first half of the year and is great the second, they'll get in over the player that was great in the first half of the year and average in the second. Some of the selectors have the memories of goldfish for the season. Also worsened by an historical 'after glow' of their favourite AA players from recent years. Witness how some of the multiple AA players of late have gotten in on reputation (in the Victorian media).

Almost mentioned Wines on the back of this graphic from On the Couch last night that Harlott posted in the Ollie Wines thread. If he has 2 big clear BOG's who knows he might sneak in.

1599546664719.png

Boak (Lock & could be Captain)
Dixon, Probably needs 2 good games to close out the year to cement his place in the side
Jonas
DBJ

Squad;
Butters
Maybe Wines if he has another 2 big games, been great in the second half of the year.

Yep- don’t forget the Vic tax - remember Pridis was left out the year he won the Brownlow. Maybe even Boaky isn’t safe....

Only a Port Adelaide player could miss out to Josh Kennedy, who is averaging 7 touches a game and might retire end of year.
That game vs Collingwood will do wonders for his AA stock. Unfortunately Dixon’s equivalent game vs West Coast won’t count for s**t because “it was against the bas West Coast.”
I wasn’t aware lists had changed since then but ok.
It seems the top two in the Coleman is the obvious choice though, so if Dixon finishes 3rd in the Coleman, it’s an uphill battle from there on.
Yep- don’t forget the Vic tax - remember Pridis was left out the year he won the Brownlow. Maybe even Boaky isn’t safe....
Ah yes, the day the Brownlow lost it’s credibility in my eyes. AFLCA>>>>Umpires

I predict we will finish top and only Boak gets selected (on the bench). Charlie will need to finish 2nd in the Coleman to make it as they will only go for 2 key forwards to leave room for 18 midfielders. DBJ and Jonas will make the squad as a patronising pat on the head for a good year for the team

Nah, even if Boak misses the remaining games he'd still be a lock in the AA starting 18.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back