Recommitted Sydney Stack [re-signed for 2022]

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
His manager appeared to hint that they'd need to look at his future this off season. I suspect he is not all that happy at Tigerland even though he owes so much to Dimma and the club. I wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers try to offload him either. Would any other club bite considering his recent indiscretion?

mike123

30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
Juventus
I’d take him at Collingwood

Dec 28, 2007
Richmond 2019 Premiers
His manager appeared to hint that they'd need to look at his future this off season. I suspect he is not all that happy at Tigerland even though he owes so much to Dimma and the club. I wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers try to offload him either. Would any other club bite considering his recent indiscretion?

He is as happy as a pig in mud until the recent episode but not sure the Tigers will be very happy and he will need to earn his respect back if he is kept on the list (which i hope he is)

He had a fantastic 2019 and came back in ripping condition for the 1st round against Carlton but with the break in the season and lock down he stacked on the weight and lost fitness and didnt train as required , Club was extremely unhappy and didnt play and has not gained his form from last year. His manager would be very very upset with him and Stack will get the biggest kick up the rear if he is retained.

At Cross roads

Dec 28, 2007
Richmond 2019 Premiers
No - stack was due to concerns over his off field behaviour. There is a difference.

17 recruiters now saying we told you so.
Mate seriously ( They did the wrong thing by going out and it was just as much CCJ fault (he was SA junior captain and highly rated leader in juniors)

Kid didnt rob anybody or Do drugs , And its also very clear in the video footage that he actually didnt do anything until that fat flog continue to attack CCJ

He may or may not have had issues as you junior but he really didnt kill anybody and you are making way too much about his junior years

By your high stance Willie Should never put on a eagles jumper again

Boys made a mistake and i hope they are not delisted , I guarantee you that if Stack is Eagles & Freo will be lining up

May 28, 2013
Seattle Seahawks
Mate seriously ( They did the wrong thing by going out and it was just as much CCJ fault (he was SA junior captain and highly rated leader in juniors)

Kid didnt rob anybody or Do drugs , And its also very clear in the video footage that he actually didnt do anything until that fat flog continue to attack CCJ

He may or may not have had issues as you junior but he really didnt kill anybody and you are making way too much about his junior years

By your high stance Willie Should never put on a eagles jumper again

Boys made a mistake and i hope they are not delisted , I guarantee you that if Stack is Eagles & Freo will be lining up
No one doubting he can play.

You can down play it all you want but 37k fine, kicked out of the state and 10 game ban is something you can’t down play. The penalties are massive.

He may or may not have had issues? Is that a joke? Why do think he wasn’t draft in his draft year?

Dec 28, 2007
Richmond 2019 Premiers
No one doubting he can play.

You can down play it all you want but 37k fine, kicked out of the state and 10 game ban is something you can’t down play. The penalties are massive.

He may or may not have had issues? Is that a joke? Why do think he wasn’t draft in his draft year?

Yes they are this year , But in a normal year ? He would have copped a 2 week suspension for getting into a fight
Lets just keep it real and not Covid. The kid has not set a foot wrong in nearly 2 years and had whats called a 'small' mishap in a normal year but this year its worse than what Jack the Ripper did. 2 x 20 year old kids went to a strip joint and got attacked i it was any other year

I wouldnt want my Son lose his career for that would you ?

Dec 28, 2007
Richmond 2019 Premiers
West Coast were already sniffing around.

Think if anything, this incident makes him less likely to leave.

CJ likely gone still though. Was already half way out the door :(
The Club has invested alot of money /Time/Picks into CJ and dont think they will just write him off on the back of what happened unless he asks for a trade back home which could be possible but his talent is well known and the team 'wanting ' him will know this.

He is contracted so prefer we keep. He was a captain and a leader and you dont lose that and everybody could make a bad call when they are 20 years old

Jul 14, 2005
Chelsea FC
His off-field stuff is pretty redeemable IMO. Obvious talent, and can play a variety of positions.

Doubt he leaves Richmond though. I suspect he'll have to earn the trust of the group back and do a big pre-season, but I don't think the Tigers will let him go.

There would be half a dozen interested teams if he is told to explore his options though.

Ok Boomer

A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
May be the reason Richmond could be willing to let him go too I guess?
Makes sense.

There will be a few what ifs coming up I think. I also think that if COVID hit in 2017 instead of 2020 someone like Liam Ryan doesn't have a career and what a shame that would have been.

nick1408

Dec 12, 2010
Why?
Makes sense.

There will be a few what ifs coming up I think. I also think that if COVID hit in 2017 instead of 2020 someone like Liam Ryan doesn't have a career and what a shame that would have been.

Yeah, I think it's a slippery slope that the AFL really hasn't thought about too hard. I'm not saying Richmond shouldn't have been penalised, and I would even say that some sort of cap hit shouldn't be out of the realms but I think the soft cap just penalises the wrong people (lower paid, vulnerable players, part time employees etc).

This isn't the forum for that discussion though, and really, I'm not that passionate to argue it.

Dec 28, 2007
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I don't personally, but there is a club employee that gives up information from time to time on our board with a near 100% record who seems to.

Even without that, my unsupported assertion is at least as valid as yours.
Im sure if you started a poll 80-90% of votes would be they would take Stack at their club.
list managers have seen he is AFL standard fremantle has Hogan on the list and has given players like Bennell 4 years

They would jump at Stack

May 2, 2017
QLD
Im sure if you started a poll 80-90% of votes would be they would take Stack at their club.
list managers have seen he is AFL standard fremantle has Hogan on the list and has given players like Bennell 4 years

They would jump at Stack
That is just another assertion. Your opinion has zero weight.

We just canned McCarthy and apparently shopping Hogan around. We don't want him, you keep him.