News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yeah 100%. The Vics control ASADA.
In fact, something all us Vics know but you guys haven't heard yet, this whole Rioli thing was instigated by Gill McLachlan. It's part of a grand plan to destroy the eagles and keep them down the bottom of the ladder where they belong. It's also why WA missed out on the Grand Final. All about keeping the eagles down.

I ******* knew it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah well they've ensured he's missed a second finals series regardless of whatever penalty they dish out. Well played.

The idea that some people had that he was going to play finals this year is crazy.

They could come out tomorrow and say that he has a 12 month ban, he still wouldn't play.

He has been away from the club, by his own decision, since september. Even if he has been keeping in shape he would need minimum 4 week build in to playing games.

Players had a 3 month break early this year and a 2 week break probably wasn't enough given the scratchy nature of the footy early on.

Probably been said but what are the chances that official news aka the sentence drops like the day before or day of a big final for us this year. Better not as I will start to smell a rat throwing distractions every finals season out way. That being said if it was not guilty and free to play the day before I'd say bring it and get that boy on a flight haha.

On SM-N950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably been said but what are the chances that official news aka the sentence drops like the day before or day of a big final for us this year. Better not as I will start to smell a rat throwing distractions every finals season out way. That being said if it was not guilty and free to play the day before I'd say bring it and get that boy on a flight haha.

On SM-N950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
100% will happen.

Also, will be bad news coz they wont want to give us a good news story before a final

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I heard the original news as we pulled into the driveway of our holiday house for my wife's 30th a week tomorrow. Never thought we'd be circling 12 months since the news broke without any more news. Imagine listing all the stuff that's happened in that 12 months.

But I too now hope we get no news until the season is complete.

Christ, WC know that a penalty is coming.

All of you conspiracy theorists think everyone and everything is trying to derail the season.
Even if it is a large ban, the players are professional enough to get on with the game.

Again, more supporters trying to give the side an excuse along with, short breaks, greasy conditions,
travel time etc etc.

Collingwood had a 5 day break against Brisbane who were coming of a 12 day break.
It happens, just get on with it.

Christ, WC know that a penalty is coming.

All of you conspiracy theorists think everyone and everything is trying to derail the season.
Even if it is a large ban, the players are professional enough to get on with the game.

Again, more supporters trying to give the side an excuse along with, short breaks, greasy conditions,
travel time etc etc.

Collingwood had a 5 day break against Brisbane who were coming of a 12 day break.
It happens, just get on with it.

Nice to see that you got out of the happy side of the bed this morning Tugga27 , I trust that your day gets better as the hours progress. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett expects Willie Rioli hearing date after AFL season

West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett expects to learn of the hearing date for banned Eagle Willie Rioli’s ASADA trial once the season is over.
Rioli faces a maximum four-year ban for allegedly tampering with a urine sample last year.
The 25-year-old has been provisionally suspended since last September, and the Eagles are frustrated that they are still in the dark over when his hearing will be.
“He’ll obviously get a penalty of some description,” Nisbett said.

“We’re not sure of length and time and all of those things. We are hoping as soon as the season is over we’ll have a date that Willie can go to a hearing.

The 38-gamer has been in limbo as he awaits an update on his case with ASADA from last year’s incident, his club provided an update last month on the situation and Nisbett’s estimation adds further clarity.
“We’re expecting that there’ll be a hearing later in the year,” West Coast General Manager of Football Craig Vozzo recently revealed.
“We are just working through the pre-hearing document side of things where you lodge the appropriate position and response.”

Ridiculous that Rioli had already served more than 12 months of a ban waiting for ASADA, while Essendon players got their 12 months ban done and dusted like a priority.
If hes suspended for anything more than 18 months we should riot

Wouldn't be surprised if we've asked for a post-season hearing and informed Willie of the same to keep his frustrations at bay. He was never getting 12 months so we have likely sought to keep the distractions away while we focus on finals.

Ridiculous that Rioli had already served more than 12 months of a ban waiting for ASADA, while Essendon players got their 12 months ban done and dusted like a priority.

That’s really not my recollection of how the Essendon thing played out.

For starters, they missed the 2016 season as a result of conduct that occurred in 2012.

In hindsight he should have played on and served the suspension after we won the 2019 and ‘20 flags.

Well to be honest this is where the AFL are wrong, if ASADA take this long the AFL should allow players to continue to play until the hearing. This actually might speed up the process.

Well to be honest this is where the AFL are wrong, if ASADA take this long the AFL should allow players to continue to play until the hearing. This actually might speed up the process.
And if a convicted drug cheat plays in a flag in the meantime it is a bit of a conundrum isnt it? Lets say on the eve of the semi Rioli was allowed to play and and WC went on to beat Geelong and then onward to B2B flags. ASADA then get their s**t together and come out with evidence that Rioli had tested positive to PEDS. Then the flag gets stripped from the club and the whole season is a waste for all 18 teams.

& you just know an unfavourable decision will be announced on GF eve if by some miracle wce get in! :rolleyes:

Such bitterness exudes from every pore in your body.

Absolutely pathetic.

Nisbett said the hearing will be after the season concludes.

Once there is a hearing, they need to come to a conclusion, inform the parties and then release the sanction.

Could be until Xmas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back