Game Day R17 vs Carlton (Sun Sept 13, 2020 at Metricon Stadium 1.05pm AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Lynch set to come back? Don't think it's wise to play him, Berg, Fog, and Tex in the same forward line. Berg excellent, won't drop Tex, so...

Want to give Worrell a taste, or see more Butts. Kelly? Hartigan?

Mackay potentially rubbed out. Who replaces him? McHenry the obvious one (unless he's already in ''pre-season weight training mode'')? Hamill? If neither of those guys there's not much left-- a bunch of guys with their papers some degree of stamped, and the untried kids.

I think the only changes this week will be if we need to manage any players or if there are any injuries. Mackay may get a week for his bump, if he does then Hamill straight back in.

kelly out.. worrell in

mackay out.. mchenry in

mackay will get done for his bump but its just so *in wrong given it was identical to the cotchin one in 2017.. the afl made its bed with that cotchin decision but once again refuses to sleep in it.

if mackays hands are anywhere... and i mean *in ANYWHERE.. near the ball, then rightfully he should get off.

Absolute danger game, we need to lose and not take any chances.

There is multiple picks on stake here ours and GWS 1st rounder.

Problem is, Carlton is such a s**t side, they are capable of losing to us even if we hand them the win.

Won't happen but I'd go.

Out: Walker, Kelly, Hartigan
In: McHenry, Hamill, Butts
actually wouldn't mind walker being shelved for the reminder of the season if he is gonna play on next year.. send him to fat camp early.

its not gonna happen tho.. its pretty obvious that they will play him regardless of form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Kelly, Mackay
In: Butts, Hammill

Ive given up expecting Worrell to get a game this season, he should have been fast tracked. Mackay only out if he is suspended, other wise maybe Sholl gets a rest.

kelly out.. worrell in

mackay out.. mchenry in

mackay will get done for his bump but its just so fu**in wrong given it was identical to the cotchin one in 2017.. the afl made its bed with that cotchin decision but once again refuses to sleep in it.

if mackays hands are anywhere... and i mean fu**in ANYWHERE.. near the ball, then rightfully he should get off.
IMO AFL need to stop players leading with head and ducking. I believe any head contact leading with the head should a free against the ball carrier. This lazy leading with the head pisses me off so much. MacKay attacked the ball with the right technique.

So Mackay will be suspended, it sounds like?

In that case (also assuming Kelly wasn't overly impressive), I'd go both of them out for Hamill and McHenry

My ins are Butts, O'Connor, Worrell, Hamill
Outs: Kelly Jones/Murphy Walker Mackay
2 more debutants thanks.

5 day break so there should be players to manage... anyone tiring or carrying a niggle should be rested. Also we still should be thinking of the future.

In: McAsey, Butts, Hamill, McHenry, Worrell
Out: Hartigan, Kelly, Mackay, Murphy, Walker

B: Brown, Talia, McAsey
HB: McPherson, Butts, Smith
C: Jones, Mrouch, Sholl
HF: Sloane, Fogarty, Schoenberg
F: Stengle, Himmelberg, McAdam
R: O'Brien, Brouch, Laird
I: Hamill, Keays, McHenry, Worrell

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back