Coronavirus Tv shows to binge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
lol why did you keep going after season 2?

If there's one thing I have no time for, it's sh*t TV. Unless it's supposed to be sh*t TV and I get some kind of schadenfreude out of it like Love Island.
But yeah, Lost went so downhill, gave up on that pretty quick. There's so many other shows to watch.

Watching The Deuce at the moment, absolute quality as you'd expect from David Simon.
I wanted to for the sake of completion - I've given up on so many shows halfway through in the last few years that I just wanted to finish one. Clearly made a poor choice, but oh well :(

random__hero

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Blackhawks, SF Giants, 49ers, Jazz
I’ve smashed through the first 2 seasons of ‘Dark’ recently, looking forward to getting around to watching S3.

I’ve also started on ‘Ted Lasso’
It’s a comedy about an American football coach taking the reigns of a English Premier League football team.

Decided to finally try watching Lost the whole way through. Nearly finished, but my God the drop in quality as it goes on is just ridiculous. Such an outstanding first season, then by the 6th (final) there was just zero continuity and no semblance of an actual storyline. Don't recommend.

Have also tried Castlevania on Netflix, which has actually been surprisingly good. Not usually a fan of anime or any serious animation style shows, but really enjoyed this one so far

I wasted a lot of my life on Lost....watched every single episode in the hope something huge would happen..spoiler alert..it doesn't...they'r all dead and the ending of the show sucked

Finished it a while ago. First couple of seasons were great, then terrible, and last couple of seasons weren’t bad once they stopped flogging the Damien Lewis storyline and moved on.

Into the last season now...agree, I reckon first two seasons were awesome, 3rd and 4th still ok...lost its way completely for 5,6,7 and its been ok for the last couple so far

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I wasted a lot of my life on Lost....watched every single episode in the hope something huge would happen..spoiler alert..it doesn't...they'r all dead and the ending of the show sucked
Literally finished the final episode just 2 minutes ago. For * sakes, I knew that was coming. Ben, Richard, Charles, Daniel and a whole number of other characters were entirely pointless. Could've been a brilliant show if they made it maybe 2-3 seasons and left out all the time travel crap. Oh well, at least I'm done with that :D

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone watched Vikings? Started it a couple years ago, then went overseas for a bit and just never got back into the show when I returned. Considering making that my next binge watch, but don't want to get bitten like I did with Lost...

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Anyone watched Vikings? Started it a couple years ago, then went overseas for a bit and just never got back into the show when I returned. Considering making that my next binge watch, but don't want to get bitten like I did with Lost...

Great show. It's definitely not a time waster like Lost. If you enjoyed what you've seen so far then go ahead and watch it all. You won't regret it.

I got as far as season 4 and then tired of the silly plot devices and the rampant chewing of the scenery of the actors playing Ragnar and Floki and then just stopped.

Its a time waster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Great show. It's definitely not a time waster like Lost. If you enjoyed what you've seen so far then go ahead and watch it all. You won't regret it.
Conflicting opinions between yourself and Norm haha, will have to ask around and see if any friends and family have seen much of it. Big decision picking a new show

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
One thing you guys should never waste time on is the Walking Dead. It was promising for a season but even thought the show was absolutely mediocre for a lot of the seasons I had to persist. I got to the beginning of Season 7, but when I saw a bloke ruling a town with a pet tiger I gave up.

Apparently the new seasons are much better, or so I've heard.

One thing you guys should never waste time on is the Walking Dead. It was promising for a season but even thought the show was absolutely mediocre for a lot of the seasons I had to persist. I got to the beginning of Season 7, but when I saw a bloke ruling a town with a pet tiger I gave up.

I lasted to around the 3rd ep of s2 with that one.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I can relate to that! Powered through every season of that show, watching it get progressively worse. Sometimes it would start getting good again (early Negan part was decent) but kept falling off. I stopped at around season 6 or 7 I think.

Problem with your last sentence is that literally every single season since the third one, I've heard the exact same thing. People begin talking about how much better it is, even though it's as bad as ever. Just gave up completely on that show. Went from being an interesting premise, to a generic soap opera where zombies are an afterthought :(

On a side note, the comics are absolutely brilliant. Best series I've ever read to be honest

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The 100 tv show is a great one
I've enjoyed it so far. A few insufferable characters and Raven is a Mary Sue which is annoying, but I'm a huge fan of Henry Ian Cusick (hence why I watched Lost) so I stuck with it. Up to the last season now

I've been watching 'Friday Night Dinner,' a daft British situation comedy which is a bit corny but lots of fun.

Mark Heap reminds me of Ryan Gardner/Gardiner

iu

Remove this Banner Ad

Back