Game Day Bloods v Blues - Rd 16, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Blakey had a bad last few moments, shouldn't of been handballed to, we panicked and no one wanted to take responsibility. Blakey got the raw end of every other players insipidness

He missed from 45m out dead in front...and missed the LOT! That is hardly anyone else's fault!

Its a bad loss and if they except results like that and they creep into the system potential means *** all. Sorry that is the perspective i see it from. I never let players off the hook for the type of loss which we just witnessed. Nearly 7 goals to the good and running them ragged and lose young doesn't come into it.
but we werent running them ragged - we kicked 7 goals from 16 forward 50s and they had none from 22. the next 10 minutes they won the clearances all the time. we weren't on top so much as we were leading

we 've got some issues in the midfield and our forward line needs to improve, but with heeney and a fit 2016 buddy we have some of those answers. i'm not sure what the answers are with the midfield and the refusal to take some shots and make the most of them (hayward twice and blakey twice) do suggest the forward line needs work.

sinclair didnt come off the short break too well, longmire rightly banished him out of the ruck, that cost us, was just patchwork in the ruck late

its a loss that sucks to get run over, but horse was pissed, wont accept it, will teach from it hopefully

Problem is it just trickles into a culture of mediocrity like what happened with Essendon... where close enough is good enough.

this side is mediocre. i mean we are missing our best two forwards our best two defenders and our best ruck.

and thats from a team which was mediocre in 2019.

we are aiming for 2021 and 2022 not 2020.

Actually Blakey being a dickhead and injuring himself trying to lay a dumb hit cost us.

yes, bent arm and smashed front on like mel gibson in lethal weapon trying to dislocate his shoulder, dangerous

How do you change a game plan that was working lol

Jesus Christ you are infuriating with your idiotic offerings. Have you ever played the game or do you even ****ing watch ? You think players say **** this we are 39 points up let's change the game plan and s**t the bed ? Just ****ing stop please you do my ****ing head in. I have disagreement with heaps of people on here but respect all of their opinion once i stop and think about their views and the way they see the game but you ? FMD !!! The worst thing for my mental health is not Daniel Andrews and ****ing Covid it is you dribble after a Swans loss. Get me some ****ing rope.

There were umpiring issues, but seriously guys, we had a 39 point lead in this match. From that point on we shouldn't have lost. That is on us, not anyone else. There were plenty of opportunities in the last to hit the scoreboard and execution let us down time after time.

This team has massive swings between the good and the bad. Week to week and within games. It will happen while this team is still working itself out. At this stage of the season we just need to keep the faith that the good we see is something we are capable of and the bad we see is inconsistency that can be worked on going forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you roll out the same old coach blaming bullshit every time we lose? You need new material. It's getting tired
No, we have played this for years. When you are coached into a system it becomes your default postion under pressure. We are changing or trying to play differently but when the chips are down our old game style reappears. Its clear to see, no bul%&$t.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

There were umpiring issues, but seriously guys, we had a 39 point lead in this match. From that point on we shouldn't have lost. That is on us, not anyone else. There were plenty of opportunities in the last to hit the scoreboard and execution let us down time after time.

This team has massive swings between the good and the bad. Week to week and within games. It will happen while this team is still working itself out. At this stage of the season we just need to keep the faith that the good we see is something we are capable of and the bad we see is inconsistency that can be worked on going forwards.

lot of mistakes when it was tight late, and agree, you look at it and analyse where they went wrong

eg a few minutes left and scores level, someone have a ping, even a point will work,

this side is mediocre. i mean we are missing our best two forwards our best two defenders and our best ruck.

and thats from a team which was mediocre in 2019.

we are aiming for 2021 and 2022 not 2020.
No, cant agree with that. The side is not mediocre...Melbourne is mediocre. Our side was gassed and made bad decisions. The play I the first 25 minutes is not that of a mediocre side. We are transitioning, and some really hard calls are going to be made at seasons end I think.

We let ourselves down with skill errors and sometimes playing too safe I....but mediocre we are not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back