Review Good vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Sherlock, I don't think anyone picked up that we are in a condensed schedule or anything.

Also, encase anyone doesn't know, the quarters are shorter too

People are going on about Nicks out-coaching Clarko, Cameron etc. As if all these other reasons are why we have won and not the very obvious factor as you have pointed out.

People are going on about Nicks out-coaching Clarko, Cameron etc. As if all these other reasons are why we have won and not the very obvious factor as you have pointed out.
I think whats happened here is you're trying to poke holes into a point that you missed!

Lots of people seem to be ignoring that we have only managed to win when the other team is coming off a 4 day break. In a normal year, a team having 1 or 2 day less break will heavily sway the odds against them. We've clearly improved but we're still bad

True but how many did we lose after having a shorter period off then the other team.

Plus we are a young team and can’t train much. This is a tough year to see how good or bad we are

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon his defensive pressure has improved but unfortunately it’s coincided with his set shot kicking falling away
That's ok. He's 20 years old. He'll get the balance sorted soon. And when he does..... watch out!

Holy sh*t people getting way too excited about a few scrappy wins over sides who have been absolutely run off their feet by the fixture.

If we win next week vs Carlton some of you nutters are going to be saying we're a lock for top 4 next year.
Dude have a coffee and calm down. Enjoy the fact that things aren't so dark as they were a six weeks ago.

Good to see Keays going well. With list sizes reducing there is an opportunity to pick off some more young Lions players who can’t get a look in and could get delisted but are AFL standard.
Kaeys has ended up being a daylight robbery pickup for us. Has his limitations, but heart and desire are certainly not one of them. And by in large his shortcomings are getting ironed out with continuity.

Good business all round!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a bloody misery guts. Just let us enjoy a ******* win. Nobody is under any delusions as to where we sit in the overall scheme of things. But it is very pleasing to see some positive signs as we move forward.

Last edited:
Me at the time of Mitch McGovern trade: No I don't want some steak knives SANFL scrub thrown in, I want a higher 1st rounder.

Me at the start of the season: I still don't get the appeal of Shane McAdam, I hear he's got all these tricks, but is he ever going to show them?

Me in the mirror last night:

I made the same mistake but don't feel too bad. Hindsight is 20/20.

Kaeys has ended up being a daylight robbery pickup for us. Has his limitations, but heart and desire are certainly not one of them. And by in large his shortcomings are getting ironed out with continuity.

Good business all round!
His balance and awareness in tight traffic is brilliant. He has proven to be an absolute steal. I think with his trajectory he will become a mainstay in our best 22 even when we draft in top mids.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is Lauchie a left footer or right footer. He was kicking right foot a bit but his left foot is just as good?
Why do you think so many of us were calling for his inclusion.
Those of us who watched his SANFL form saw his balance and foot skills every week.
He still has a long way to go in terms of getting more involved but that skill of his is a real weapon.
Professional footballers should be able to at least kick with their non preferred foot to get out of trouble but many can't.
Two sided players are so valuable in today's game as they can turn either way causing a momentary hesitation in an opponent or don't need to straighten up when kicking for goal thus giving their opponent another extra step to tackle them.

Why the coaches don't insist that players get to a passable degree of competency with this skill is beyond me, its only repetition.
Scholl is a dominate right footer who possesses a great left kick, wish we drafted more of this type.

His balance and awareness in tight traffic is brilliant. He has proven to be an absolute steal. I think with his trajectory he will become a mainstay in our best 22 even when we draft in top mids.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm not as convinced. Keays has been good this year, no doubt. And much better than we had any reason to expect.
However, his best games were as an inside mid when the rest of the team were terrible.

He is now playing primarily on the wing, where he just doesn't have the skill level. He's a really good trier, but his skills are poor. Happy for him to have had a go and everything, but if we become a decent team, he should be passed by better players pretty quickly.

I think everyone in here who is still dark on Darcy Fogarty should take the time to read the posts about Elliot Himmelberg last night and today.

Big boys take time to develop, that's a given. Some take a lot of time!

I think Darcy will be absolutely fine, but we need to stop thinking that he's modern footy's Wayne Carey as a 20 year old, and anything below that is a bust!

Dude have a coffee and calm down. Enjoy the fact that things aren't so dark as they were a six weeks ago.
He does have a bit of a point though, i've started seeing a big social media push to re-signing Brad Crouch now, people are thinking spike again next year instead of continuing to rebuild.

Brad's current form is the best thing for us at the moment if it allows us to get pick #2, not that he's worth a new long-term deal.

I think everyone in here who is still dark on Darcy Fogarty should take the time to read the posts about Elliot Himmelberg last night and today.

Big boys take time to develop, that's a given. Some take a lot of time!

I think Darcy will be absolutely fine, but we need to stop thinking that he's modern footy's Wayne Carey as a 20 year old, and anything below that is a bust!

We're probably no different to any other supporters, but people generally call for rebuilds and lack the patience that comes with having lots of young players.

People are quick to write off Jones and Fog. If Himmelberg and Keays can improve out of sight, then you would have to be confident that Fog and Jones will be fine (obviously not guaranteed).

McHenry is one who hasn't really shown anything. But given how wrong I've been on Himm, Keays and McAdam, I'm not going to make a call for a while.

We're probably no different to any other supporters, but people generally call for rebuilds and lack the patience that comes with having lots of young players.

People are quick to write off Jones and Fog. If Himmelberg and Keays can improve out of sight, then you would have to be confident that Fog and Jones will be fine (obviously not guaranteed).

McHenry is one who hasn't really shown anything. But given how wrong I've been on Himm, Keays and McAdam, I'm not going to make a call for a while.
Who would have thought 2 years later that the most exciting player from that trade wasn't the X factor forward on $800k/year (Gov), or the 1st rounder from the Superdraft (McHenry), but rather the unfit SANFL player on a diet of pies and frothies, that got thrown in as steak knives!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back