Review Good vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Keays going well. With list sizes reducing there is an opportunity to pick off some more young Lions players who can’t get a look in and could get delisted but are AFL standard.

So Brisbane went from basketcase to overflowing with talented players who can't get a game within the space of 2-3 years?

Disclaimer: Not a dig. Serious observation/question.

How DMac was this play, he shows elite run and carry, a bit of a party trick and then kicks it straight to a GWS player!

The most amazing part to me (apart from how amazingly bad the kick was, I mean) is that he didn't slow down, didn't break stride, just did his little party trick at full speed. One of those things that just happens in the spur of the moment and he'd look back on it afterwards and think "how the hell did I do that?". You could put him in the same situation again a hundred times and he wouldn't be able to repeat it on purpose.

Two months ago himmelburg had shown absolutely fu**n nothing..

Be fair to say no one saw himmelbergs current form coming.. he showed fu** all in four years even in most of his sanfl matches..
Someone must have given him a rocket or maybe caffeine pills. He was basically sleepwalking through games until a couple of weeks ago.

I was open to trading laird earlier in the year because I believed that he could still get us a decent pick given the residual effects of his form in his AA year and 2018 BnF. Still young enough as well. He'd really lost his touch in defence as well. As the year has progressed and his move to the midfield looked to be successful I was even more in this camp due to the fact that I was convinced he could get us something good in return and that he is a fairly replaceable player. My thinking was/is that we need to be a bit ruthless to get that real top end talent. Trading Kelly isn't the answer.

However, my opinion has started to change as he is now looking more like a serious midfielder as each week passes. He's proving incredibly strong over the ball, a clearance machine and a fantastic tackler. Pretty much a direct replacement for Brouch (maybe better) but he's already on the list.

A real shame that he is "too short" to be a good midfielder !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has been a very long time, perhaps its never happened, since I have seen a Crows side play with the pressure that we have in the past 3 weeks. It hasnt always been pretty but its been rather effective.

Jones - As I mentioned in his thread, he had a 'nearly' game. Ran to the right spots, put pressure on his opponents and took a great contested grab. Just didnt have the polish required.

Brad - The last 2 weeks have shown that we really cant lose in the Crouch situation. If he stays and plays like this we win, if he leaves and these performances drive up his price we win. Another really good game

Murphy - As usual, if he finishes his work it probably ends up a big game..... but he didnt and he keeps himself on the edge.

Matt - Fantastic again, playing like the leader he is meant to be.

Kelly - Not awful, but still not very good.

Sloane - Kicked a goal right when we were being challenged in the 3rd, and once again pushed the ball forward however he could.

Talia - Seems more proactive this year, I wonder if the rest we gave him has anything to do with it.

Tex - Yeah not a great night from the big fella but he still did a couple of nice things.

Mackay - Customary shank at goal aside, yet another pretty good night out for DMac.

Hartigan - Not as good as the last couple but he didnt do a whole heap wrong.

Brown - See above.

Stengle - Another solid night for the Wombat, just looks so creative and composed with ball in hand, and marks the ball in the hands very well

McAdam - Just keeps getting better and better

Schoenberg - Much like Jones, had a 'nearly' night. Still kept hunting the ball which was good to see.

Keays - Close to the recruit of the season IMO, considering where he came from.

Laird - Midfield maestro, why has it taken so long ??

Fogarty - Presented well, pressured the ball carrier as good as I have seen in, just didnt finish his work.

Smith - Another solid game off half back, will go close on MB Medal night

Himmelberg - Well, well, well - I am very sorry Big Easy, youre finally doing what we all hoped you would but feared you wouldnt.

McPherson - Didnt put a foot wrong again, has a wise head on young shoulders.

ROB - Flukey snap that shouldve been stopped aside, ROB showed everyone just exactly why hes the No1 man. Absolutely dominated Sauce around the ground and in the middle. FWIW I didnt like the smattering of boo's Sauce got either.

Watching the highlights and something stood out like dog's balls... Lynch out for McAdam is making us far more dynamic and far less predictable.
Lynch is old Crows. Trade him and move on

Watching the highlights and something stood out like dog's balls... Lynch out for McAdam is making us far more dynamic and far less predictable.
I'd be OK with Lynch back in but to replace Tex. In some of our shockers he was the only one with play making ability that resulted in our goals so I don't think he's been as bad as many suggest.

It has been a very long time, perhaps its never happened, since I have seen a Crows side play with the pressure that we have in the past 3 weeks. It hasnt always been pretty but its been rather effective.

Jones - As I mentioned in his thread, he had a 'nearly' game. Ran to the right spots, put pressure on his opponents and took a great contested grab. Just didnt have the polish required.

Brad - The last 2 weeks have shown that we really cant lose in the Crouch situation. If he stays and plays like this we win, if he leaves and these performances drive up his price we win. Another really good game

Murphy - As usual, if he finishes his work it probably ends up a big game..... but he didnt and he keeps himself on the edge.

Matt - Fantastic again, playing like the leader he is meant to be.

Kelly - Not awful, but still not very good.

Sloane - Kicked a goal right when we were being challenged in the 3rd, and once again pushed the ball forward however he could.

Talia - Seems more proactive this year, I wonder if the rest we gave him has anything to do with it.

Tex - Yeah not a great night from the big fella but he still did a couple of nice things.

Mackay - Customary shank at goal aside, yet another pretty good night out for DMac.

Hartigan - Not as good as the last couple but he didnt do a whole heap wrong.

Brown - See above.

Stengle - Another solid night for the Wombat, just looks so creative and composed with ball in hand, and marks the ball in the hands very well

McAdam - Just keeps getting better and better

Schoenberg - Much like Jones, had a 'nearly' night. Still kept hunting the ball which was good to see.

Keays - Close to the recruit of the season IMO, considering where he came from.

Laird - Midfield maestro, why has it taken so long ??

Fogarty - Presented well, pressured the ball carrier as good as I have seen in, just didnt finish his work.

Smith - Another solid game off half back, will go close on MB Medal night

Himmelberg - Well, well, well - I am very sorry Big Easy, youre finally doing what we all hoped you would but feared you wouldnt.

McPherson - Didnt put a foot wrong again, has a wise head on young shoulders.

ROB - Flukey snap that shouldve been stopped aside, ROB showed everyone just exactly why hes the No1 man. Absolutely dominated Sauce around the ground and in the middle. FWIW I didnt like the smattering of boo's Sauce got either.
Live it felt Jones was ordinary but watching the replay and looking for him a bit more he wasn't too bad. Certainly puts the body pressure and looks to hurt the opposition. Sure he still blunders some things up but I think he will get it together.

I remember most of this board getting frustrated to hell with Milera in his first couple seasons then his move down back he showed what he can really do.

I'd back Jones to start looking like an AFL player next year. His pace will be beneficial once things really click.

Lynch is old Crows. Trade him and move on
We had a chance to cash in by trading Lynch last contract. No one will take him now on his full wage but if we pay half his wage next year we may get a late 2nd round pick similar to Jenkins.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back