Autopsy Rd 16 Blues pull off comeback victory from 7 goals down

Who played well in Round 16 vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was everyone else also getting annoyed at Dunstal's repeated confusion as to why Harry always plays on.
Clearly he gets the yips, if he takes too long or thinks about taking a set shot, so goes by natural instinct.
I would have thought blind Freddie could work that one out.
Yes. Showing a distinct lack of confidence, which is not a good thing when all we’re talking about is a key forward taking Very gettable set shots. What concerns me more is that confidence will go to a new low if/when he stuffs up a couple of those by playing on like that.

Agree. I've said previously we can match it with the best for extended periods of games. We just need to cut out these run ons teams get on.
As you say, stop these and we are very much a finals team.
Unusual for both Jones and Weiters to get beaten in the marking contest in the first Qtr disappointing especially considering there opponents.

Lo
don't know if it's been said but i loved seeing nic newman in the race celebrating after the game.

need to keep building off field and having LTI players involved must be a huge thing for mental health and player welfare, even leaving the game day insight out of it.
Lovely, respectful and humble man is Nic Newman, a true gent. He’s sat on my table at a few club functions since he joined us and pretty sure he came from same Peninsula footy club JW came from, speaks volumes for that club.

I can't help thinking there is something terribly wrong with our coaching. We had way more talent than the Swans, were 39 points down and our skill execution is terrible. This coupled with Greig Williams " doesn't play like a man" comment in reference to Paddy Dow is damming. I enjoyed the theatre of the comeback win but are we looking at the making of the next Melbourne Football Club

Michael, I am a little confused

Like many supporters you seem to get caught up in the moment, but even when things change quickly in a positive direction, you still seem to look for the most negative of all outcomes

That boy is a dancing fool...... :p

Classic Samo....you can feel the vibe and it was SO GOOD!!!

And Jeremiah Johnson.... Too good :thumbsu:
Love that movie.
Jeremiah was a bullfrog dadada Blakey is a lizard dadada Rango should be his name dadada Samo should do the tango dadada and that’s the end of my song dadada, apologies I’ll let myself out. 🙄

Michael, I am a little confused

Like many supporters you seem to get caught up in the moment, but even when things change quickly in a positive direction, you still seem to look for the most negative of all outcomes
Your post is a projection of your own state as a supporter. Arrow is caught up in the moment of defeating the 15th side by 5 points instead of focussing on rectifying the weak mental state that inhibits carlton becoming a premiership side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your post is a projection of your own state as a supporter. Arrow is caught up in the moment of defeating the 15th side by 5 points instead of focussing on rectifying the weak mental state that inhibits carlton becoming a premiership side

Any chance this thread can stay positive.

We had a win FFS!

You may have to elaborate on what you see for your point to have any real relevance.
I've learned to be a lot more restrained in recent years for many a reason, but you can see that this group is getting closer together.

The issues that are currently presenting aren't particularly difficult to turn around.
We're closer to knowing who we are and what will make us better than for many years..even years we were playing finals.

Not to say we're going to be premiers next year but on my viewing some good building blocks have been laid and it's up to us, as for what we do from here on in.
Maybe..just maybe...we may have got something right

I am willing to ask the hard questions. I am saying, just like Melbourne, Carlton could make 1 finals series and fall away. Both sides seem to share the common denominator of weak mental application
You saw weak mental application last night? I saw a team steel itself in a situation where they could fold and say they weren't going to make it anyway. They fought, scrapped and eventually overcame. You don't have to find the negative Michael, you just don't!

You saw weak mental application last night? I saw a team steel itself in a situation where they could fold and say they weren't going to make it anyway. They fought, scrapped and eventually overcame. You don't have to find the negative Michael, you just don't!
littlemexicangirl.jpg

The team sucked in the first quarter and a half, but found resolve and scrapped their way back into the game.

Correct the first element and were on our way.

Back