Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs St Kilda round 17 @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that teams play as listed, but I like seeing Waterman on the wing and Brander as the forward flanker.

Waterman's toughness will be better down back, Brander's skills below the knees better in the forward half.

A lot of pressure on Petruccelle to provide pressure there, that forward line will be run off with ease if we don't start clunking marks.

Running power is low, a lot of these guys aren't endurance based and are more burst players, but I always think we're a fighting chance in the middle with Naitanui and a few good clearance players.

Brayshaw and Ainsworth will block for others and each other, both playing a more natural position, good luck to both of them.

The latest injury update (dated today) on the AFL site
View attachment 957179
Why is Cripps indefinite? Returned home for new born baby.
Am I being insensitive saying as a Pro footballer you spend a week or so with a new baby and fly back to do your job, probably like most Fifo's? They could gather family support around his partner while he's away..or is there a medical condition involved?
I guess he'll be back for finals?

Anyways, the team announcement almost looks respectable - but will it all gel?
Endurance will be a big factor..

Apologies for not posting in the sarcasm font.

BJ has been struck down with a big case of the Partington's all year.
BJ has a groin issue .

In all seriousness he has had OP symptoms and they have mothballed him .

Probably from all those 60m bombs he kicks

lol our entire midfield division is depleted in space of 3 weeks. Gov is not 100%,JK is still half concussed, Darling looks confused again, Allen has a sore butt. Ah Chee and Jetta alongside Hutch all goneski. If we somehow win this game, it would be an amazing achievement. Centre bounce for Eagles in 2020- NN with XON Ainsworth and Hammer.who would have thought that?? there is a possibility we might not even have enough players to field for North game.

Weird season, first we get pansted in QLD HUB.Tthen we go on some monster winning streak in Perth( still impressive IMO as we usually drop games in Perth every year- lost to melb in 18, Hawks last year, so winning that many in a row was and always is impressive). now this where we losing soldiers left right centre. Who knows what's next?? we might end up having full strength list fresh and ready for finals and blitz through for a flag.

I keep picturing this and try to not get my hopes up. Like picture us re loading for a last 5 games playing brilliant footy and winning it. Then I wake up and think "nah... surely not?"

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Simmo talks about being a role based side, but so far the two young mids coming in this year (Ainsworth & XoN) have played on a flank or a run-with role. The bulk of onball minutes are always taken by the core elites, even if there are less of them to share the load.

Now those elites have broken down (wonder why?) and there is a need to throw at least one newcomer full time into the guts tomorrow night. Will it be Brayshaw, Ainsworth, XON, or a defender like Duggan? Either way, we will finally see something a bit different. Hope Simmo is up for the challenge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be the evidence for not reducing lists
Unfortunately money is very tight right now, as evidence by the fact the AFL didn't want a free $30mil extra to play the GF in Perth, so we might need to nonetheless.

All this and we are playing shorter games, shorter season and have far less travel
Crucially though, much shorter breaks. Would Sheed be back on a regular seven day break, as opposed to four? Yeo's OP would only have cost him three games, rather than the imminent six or however many.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back