Preview Round 17, 2020: St.Kilda v West Coast - Gabba, Thursday 10th September, 7:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

• Eagles

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppy_dog7

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
You would think the media will be all over it this week, so expect at least some explanation even if it's total bulldhit.
it’s really quite strange that there’s no news on it whatsoever. Usually the media would’ve already been onto it. And the club have kept it so quiet. It’s quite frustrating as supporters to Not know anything. Like he was talked up as having a good year on the saints site then all of a sudden randomly omitted and never heard of again.

Jay Beast

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
No proof but I'm convinced Carlisle had a covid breach that we've covered up.

You don't play as much footy as he has this year and then just disappear.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Definitely a whole lot more to this story.
Jake's paper are stamped, question is do we get anything for an OOC Carlisle?

Heavensent

Debutant
Mar 14, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Surely 3 consecutive games out means there are some other issues with snake we don't know about. His papers are surely stamped and will be surprised if is with us next year. Issue is we are lowering his value further by not playing him.

This.

Something is going on here. If Carlisle doesn’t get brought in as a late replacement from the listed emergencies I think you can almost certainly say that he has played his last game for St.Kilda.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
After reading all the comments on here pushing for Jake's inclusion, this will be an interesting place post game if we lose another close one and one of their big guys snag 4.
Yeah well, we were pretty cocky playing three ruckmen last game, having Abbott, Marsh & Phillips in the side nearly cost us a win against a bottom four side who were tanking.

We are clearly missing a key defender and we’ve brought back a small forward who couldn’t get a kick for 4 games straight and was only demoted for one game...

There should be hell to pay if Hind doesn’t contribute and one of the west coast tall forwards gets a hold of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Yeah well, we were pretty cocky playing three ruckmen last game, having Abbott, Marsh & Phillips in the side nearly cost us a win against a bottom four side who were tanking.

We are clearly missing a key defender and we’ve brought back a small forward who couldn’t get a kick for 4 games straight and was only demoted for one game...

There should be hell to pay if Hind doesn’t contribute and one of the west coast tall forwards gets a hold of us.
So does that mean if it works we praise selection or it a no win situation

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
With the inclusion of Hind it looks like Ratts is trying to get us to go back to our more attacking brand that we started the year with. Which is the type of St Kilda I liked.

Still unsure of Carlisle’s situation. I’d heard he had back soreness last week but if that’s the case, why is he named as an emergency? Very peculiar. Hopefully he’s still in good spirits though, I don’t want him to leave.

I'm guessing he's been named as an emergency so there is the option of bringing him in should the weather forecast change and it ends up being dry.

Kennedy and Darling would be more of a threat then and we might need the extra tall defender.

I know people are confident because of the Eagles outs. But looking at their inclusions, they all seem like pretty handy ins. Looks like they've got great depth and certainly not a team to take lightly. If anything, so many changes may even mean they are not as exhausted as they would have been otherwise?

Yeah I wouldn't be underestimating them, they still have enough good players to make it a tough challenge for us and they need to win this game to finish Top 4.

Last edited:

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
I know people are confident because of the Eagles outs. But looking at their inclusions, they all seem like pretty handy ins. Looks like they've got great depth and certainly not a team to take lightly. If anything, so many changes may even mean they are not as exhausted as they would have been otherwise?
Yep I was a bit over excited about the outs until I saw the ins and realised it’s basically balanced. NN and Hurn big ins and Kelly and Gaff still in the mids.

So have the club ruled a line through Carlisle?
Has he said he is leaving so they have given him the arse?
I still think his back is not 100% and we are giving him a wait and see for games.

Bloke is definitely best 22 and should be fit for finals.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Weatherzone which uses BOM.. says about 40-50% chance of rain while the game is on. Was also supposed to rain heavily on Sunday.. it didnt
Well 5 to 10 mills are expected from afternoon to evening. That is a bit of rain. Enough to make it slippery. Of course it may not rain but it’s 70% expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back