FTA-TV Wentworth

Remove this Banner Ad

Last week’s episode seemed to be widely panned, with Judy in particular in for some harsh comments.

I disagree with this. I thought it was a good episode. Judy reminds me of the early Judy in Prisoner, where she was hell bent on revenge on Jock Stewart. Also, I get the feeling the seeds have been set for Ann’s downfall to end the series.

Also, the scenes with Reb fighting for her treatment are powerful

the first two episodes were excellent, I didn't find an issue with the 3rd but have seen the criticism.
I just put it down to, originally the series was finishing up, and now the writers have had to pull together new story arcs

Another top notch episode tonight.

Be interesting to see if Lou and the protection inmates can build up enough rabble rousing while Allie’s in the slot.

The Joan Ferguson storyline with more twists and turns.

Vera telling Ann the inmates are not animals is an ironic nod to the original (given how how often the original Vera called the inmates animals).

Also, who’s loving Miles being a total bitch now.

How long after Ferguson escaping did the cops find the box?
Wouldn't some of Ferguson's DNA / fingerprints be on the contents of the box, especially if her and Murphy did all that?
They've done the best they can with the storyline extension but it's got some holes in it

I did predict it would be Kath in the box, but is this a rehash of the old Bea gets amnesia storyline, recovers her memory but keeps it quiet to exact revenge as "Kath Maxwell"

I'm not sure where this is going

Wentworth Lou is a modern, sophisticated scheming version of the Prisoner scheming Lou
Does Lou take the prison whilst the top dog is out of action, just like the original?
Is Ally the new Myra Desmond? compassionate and caring, but don't cross her?

Does Jake just have the worst luck of anyone ever?

I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes but the last two fell a little flat for me. I understand the need to bring in the new characters but the episodes have been a bit too focused on them especially with Allie being so convinced by everything the hacker chick says.

It doesn't feel like they've done it as well as when they've introduced new characters in the past.

Something about the scene where Judy wanted the phone off Lou made me laugh
"I'd love to help you, but I don't have a phone" with said phone in hand, reminded me so much of the original Lou

Ally's becoming Nora Flynn - please make it stop

3 episodes to go, I can't say there's been a definitive story arc this season, it's a bit all over the place.

and Gavin, talking to Boomer on the phone, that has to be going somewhere.
Is Gavin played (voiced) by Nicholas Bell? The voice is so similar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miss Miles has the best one liners ever.

"Dick girl lost her sh*t"
I had a laugh. God I hate dick girl. Has no issue with starting a protest or standing by while her gf treats people like crap. But when things don't work out cries poor. Can't have it both ways mate. Plus you're in prison. Hope they cut her throat and chop off his schlong

I had a laugh. God I hate dick girl. Has no issue with starting a protest or standing by while her gf treats people like crap. But when things don't work out cries poor. Can't have it both ways mate. Plus you're in prison. Hope they cut her throat and chop off his schlong

That escalated........ pretty consistently haha

i dont mind Reb. But agree she is playing the victim card when need be, but happy to do whatever it takes to get her surgery/meds.

Chemistry between her and Marie is going to cause fireworks, especially with Lou Kelly being slotted.

New prisoner next week , cant wait.

Judy Bryant is getting on my ****.

That escalated........ pretty consistently haha

i dont mind Reb. But agree she is playing the victim card when need be, but happy to do whatever it takes to get her surgery/meds.

Chemistry between her and Marie is going to cause fireworks, especially with Lou Kelly being slotted.

New prisoner next week , cant wait.

Judy Bryant is getting on my ****.
Look I think if the actors can fire me up then the show and the actors are doing a good job
Judy Bryant is a smelly pom

where the f**k is the Rita storyline going?
It went nowhere for weeks, then one episode where it all moved forward, and back to nothing again.

Joan/Kath will get her memory back, the scenes with the goldfish are a dead giveaway to what's coming.
She pulled apart a dead goldfish and flushed it in an earlier season.

Lou's my favourite character at the moment.

Marie's going to seduce Reb away from Lou the same way she did Ally from Kaz.

Very late in the season to be introducing a new character (especially one with a decently known actress playing the role - Marta Dusseldorp). Kinda suggests this whole season is more a setup for the next/final season that (I believe) is already in the can and will air next year.

Very late in the season to be introducing a new character (especially one with a decently known actress playing the role - Marta Dusseldorp). Kinda suggests this whole season is more a setup for the next/final season that (I believe) is already in the can and will air next year.

Hasn't it been described as Season 8 part 1, and Season 8 part 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back