Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs St Kilda round 17 @ The Gabba

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
It’s weird. I’m usually so nervous for our upcoming games, but with this rag tag bunch of misfits, I’m actually excited to see what happens. Feel like we’ve got nothing to lose

Except our season of course
same. more interested than anything

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

West Coast 92

Draftee
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Hickey has to be an out. I would like a stat for hit outs to disadvantage. He showed a knack of hitting to a 2 on 3 contest.

Oscar was has not delivered since returning.

In NicNat and Williams
Out Hickey and Allen

In Hurn
Out Rotham

Out Hutch

As for the other changes - surely Brayshaw gets a game. If not, he might as well start packing his bags as poor XON looked cooked and Ainsworth was his usual.

Long time observer here.

Are you being a bit harsh on Ainsworth? I thought he did some nice things even though he didn't get a lot of the ball. I don't remember him making a mistake and some of his kicks were pretty good - the one that set Ryan up in the last comes to mind. His mark over the top in the first quarter in the back line was good to see. He was on a defensive role again, and it's worth noting he tagged Daniel in the last and pretty much shut him out of the game after Daniel had dominated the game for 3 quarters.

Really good to see Brayshaw debut and liking O'Neill. Great to see the younger fellas playing although not in the ideal circumstances.

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Allen to the midfield tomorrow night anyone?

Excerpt from an article in his draft year.

C9BF0746-5AC4-4C09-A2DE-00F46CBFDFF1.jpeg

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Long time observer here.

Are you being a bit harsh on Ainsworth? I thought he did some nice things even though he didn't get a lot of the ball. I don't remember him making a mistake and some of his kicks were pretty good - the one that set Ryan up in the last comes to mind. His mark over the top in the first quarter in the back line was good to see. He was on a defensive role again, and it's worth noting he tagged Daniel in the last and pretty much shut him out of the game after Daniel had dominated the game for 3 quarters.

Really good to see Brayshaw debut and liking O'Neill. Great to see the younger fellas playing although not in the ideal circumstances.
Yeah I actually liked Ainsworths game (although he hasn’t really set a high bar). Everything he did was tidy and looked like he was starting to get a bit of confidence. Actually pretty interested to see how he does tomorrow if he gets to play full time mid.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Ainners was good in the first quarter but a okish afterwards. Low bar but best game for us by him.

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Long time observer here.

The forecast rain should bring everybody back to Brayshaws pace

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Brander in the guts might actually not be the worst idea. Even at that height he's one of the cleanest players below his knees in our side. More importantly a one touch player. Looks skinny but apparently 92 kgs and should follow Steele. Steele would actually lead him to the ball and he might cop a few touches of the pill.

Strongside

Senior List
Aug 23, 2020
Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardinals, Sooners
So many variables because of injury..I hope to see Williams as a last minute in for Allen in this match up..I know physically the tank is close to empty but I think the Eagles will benefit from the return of Hurn and his between the ears influence on ground with this patchwork side..and instead of making an appearance, how about an massive impact game from Tim Kelly..if not now when Tim?

Last edited:

Hell Yeoh

Senior List
Jun 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Hoping Williams and Cameron are late ins for Allen and Shep.

Shep is too important to risk. Looks sore. Allen Just needs a good rest too.

Whatever happens, the only win I want and hope for is NO (more) INJURIES.

Seriously looking forward to this game! Come on Boys!!

Bacchus

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2008
Down South
AFL Club
West Coast
Really difficult to see how we can possibly win this. The midfield has been torn to shreds. Only two regulars there apart from Naitanui. A two cylinder engine. St Kilda is probably only four but that’s at least twice as powerful. The usual game plan will have to go out the window. I think Schofield is in to provide experience and release Gov to be a playmaker from half back. We still have a fair sprinkling of talent but so many of the starting 18 are missing. A massive coaching challenge. This will be one of the club’s best ever wins if they can pull it off. Rain would more likely be our friend than our enemy in this game.

The way Gov was holding his injured finger the other night, I wouldnt be surprised to see him miss out for schofield.

Yeah I’m thinking the same.

The other possibility is we’ve stacked the backline with talls to take on the Saints tall forwards. Schofield, Barrass, Gov and Rotham take on King, Battle, MarshRyder and Membrey, which let’s Sheppard play on Butler who’s their most dangerous forward.

Back