Port Adelaide's plan to use jumpers similar to Collingwood

Apr 2, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Looks like this thread has run its course much like our campaign to wear the PB's going forward.

To be honest, the AFL has too much important s**t to worry about then a guernsey design. It's really bad timing all round to get this proposal off the ground however if anyone's going to drive it, it is the fans.

I am going to be curious to see what happens if we get a home game against Collingwood and how many people would show up wearing the PB's to prove a point. It will probably confuse the s**t out of viewers on TV who aren't aware of the PB's.

Black white

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
They'll never
Looks like this thread has run its course much like our campaign to wear the PB's going forward.

To be honest, the AFL has too much important sh*t to worry about then a guernsey design. It's really bad timing all round to get this proposal off the ground however if anyone's going to drive it, it is the fans.

I am going to be curious to see what happens if we get a home game against Collingwood and how many people would show up wearing the PB's to prove a point. It will probably confuse the sh*t out of viewers on TV who aren't aware of the PB's.
They'll never teal you apart

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 5.42.32 am.jpg

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
The whole Covid thing has decentralised the AFL from being so Vic centric, Collingwood and Ports Prison Bars seem a whole lot less at odds as it feels more like a national comp right now.
I'm finding it pretty amusing that those flogs in the media that were promoting Adelaide vs Port games be played in Melbourne a few years ago are now seeing their teams playing clash games in Qld and WA

I'd be happy for Richmond to create some goodwill with Port and back their bid. I'd also be happy for Richmond to play against a prison-bar wearing Port Adelaide annually (yes... I know it didn't work out great last time).

The prison bars and the gold sash is an image us old Port fans grew up with. Glenelg was a major rival during the 80s.

This is an easy marketing opportunity and benefit both Port and Richmond.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
If it's just the VFL and there's no difference, why did they change the name to AFL?
the more urgent issue is what happens to all the men and women who change their name when they get married. i mean, i know they dissapear never to be seen again, but where do they go? the disappearance of millions of people every year is surely a bigger issue than even the coronavirus.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just for gags, how would people feel about Collingwood wearing a prison bar jumper design?

I've actually heard 2 Victorian commentators refer to the Collingwood guernsey as the Prison Bars in the last couple of months. Something I haven't heard before. Maybe Ed has instructed his media minions to appropriate it?

Back