Universal Love Kreuzer announces Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The phrase "Would want to be in trenches with him" epitomizes Kreuz !!

And his head is so hard the bullets would just bounce off!!

A WARRIOR of the finest order.

Always banged up and bandaged but never stopping forging ahead....
His robotic courage combined with his incredible follow up efforts could
not help but inspire and endear you to this beautiful bull of a young man.

The Doull comparisons are worthy ... You will be remembered as a great of our Club
during our darkest era and it is a great shame you will not be there as we come out of it .

Last edited:
Pre knee he was on the way to being a truly dominant player. Post knee he was a warrior. 2017 showed what he was capable of. Not sure if you can teach heart but hopefully some of that quality has rubbed off on our young list.

You could see a bit of young Kruezer in TDK on Tuesday night. Excellent ground ball gets.

Thank you Humphrey. All the best in retirement.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Determination, spirited and played for the jumper. A ruck who was mobile enough to damage midfields before the modern day where it’s become popular to have that ruck-type player. Sad day to see him finish up, gonna miss us all yelling Kreuzzzzz when he took a big mark or kicked a goal. I wish him the best for the future and glad he finished a one club player with us.

Matty.
I am so very sad at your retirement news.
My heart hurts.
You have been a big part of my life as a Carlton supporter.
Over many painful years, you always brought me happiness and uplifted my spirit when you played.
Always gave a 100%. Even when playing with injuries.
You lifted our team too. With your irrepressible spirit.
You are so loved.
Your persistence and resiliance is a lesson for all of us in how to overcome obstacles in life.
I wish you every success with your future career, knowing you will be a huge blessing for whoever you work with.
Thankyou so much for all the joy your playing gave me.

You will be missed.
💙 :footy::carlton::tractor:

Surreal day and an end to an era with Kreuz and Gibbs both announcing retirements. Neither would have known the other's annoucement before today. All the best to both. It would've been great to see Kreuz again but know he will continue to contribute just by being the amazing and humble person he is

Heart and soul, bleeds Navy Blue blood.
Thanks for everything Matty. Well played.
Really hope the club can offer him a coaching role if that's the way he wants to go (and if our soft cap allows it).
Going into the building trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back