Play Nice Which club has the biggest supporter base? Collingwood, Richmond or West Coast?

Which club has the biggest supporter base?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Like alot of us. Was a member of the blues. Like myself. Its not a sign of non support. Afl have changed to much. Its a sign of frustration the way the game is going and the way the team is playing. The afl has a chance to fix this with the right people. Until then my moneys better left in the old account.

I was in the VFL days. The club then only shares the guernsey of today.

Not to have a go but I don't understand how people can support clubs from a different state (unless you moved states); whats that all about? Support where you come from is my view.

Like alot of us. Was a member of the blues. Like myself. Its not a sign of non support. Afl have changed to much. Its a sign of frustration the way the game is going and the way the team is playing. The afl has a chance to fix this with the right people. Until then my moneys better left in the old account.
Kwality is a very successful person knows his stuff and has strong connections to the mighty Blues.👍

Big 4 (ref crowds, unique ip, tv, social media, youtube, merch, membership)
1.WCE 1.2 mill fans ref west australian survey.
2. Coll 1.1 mill ref (Eddie McGuire CFClub) highest number if unique youtube views

3. Carlton 1 mill Ref (Greg Swann, R Geminder) second highest youtube unique views second highest website hits.

3. Essendon 1 mill EFC.com, linkedin, Graham McMahon, highest number of website hits. Supercoach number 1.

4. Adelaide Crows 800,000 ref above.
Freo have around 450,000.. less than Crows Tigers, Hawks,Cats Swans Lions.

If you accept the results of self serving surveys you are very naive. Shape the question, get the result.
The dollars are significantly more difficult to manipulate.

Moderators. Why is there a Geelongtimesinceyouwonaflag supporter on this thread? This is a fight between Richmond, Collingwood and Indian Pacific Company Ltd, f*ck all to do with Geelol. Get this interloper to a thread about foundation VFL members or something, where he can argue about relevance with Fitzroy and South Melbourne supporters.
There's is no argument, WC has more members and more $$ than richmond.

Not to have a go but I don't understand how people can support clubs from a different state (unless you moved states); whats that all about? Support where you come from is my view.

Thats usually the case. When you move interstate my experience is you tend to follow the local clubs more than you previously had in addition to your original alliance.
I well remember the Lions era & the number of expat Victorians in town for the GFs, all supporting the Lions unless their original VFL team was involved. None are current members, but they will be at the Gabba IF the Lions get there.

My daughters have been educated in Melbourne, are Melbourne girls, but follow the Eagles because of their Dad.

How does the Eagles membership of 100k+ work when their home ground only has a capacity of 60k? do the members have rotating seats weekly or something similar?

If you accept the results of self serving surveys you are very naive. Shape the question, get the result.
The dollars are significantly more difficult to manipulate.
Maybe I am naive? But clubs invest allot of time and money to get this data It's not free and I did use references. 3 million subscribers on AFL live pass most pop
1.Coll
2. WCE
3. CAR source footy industry.com

West coast could no doubt break away and start their own competition as they are a combination of clubs from a previous competition.

Maybe premier Mclovin might get talks underway

& they support that comp through the WAFC to tune of $millions every year.

How does the Eagles membership of 100k+ work when their home ground only has a capacity of 60k? do the members have rotating seats weekly or something similar?

Some have reserved 11 game memberships

Some have reserved 3 game memberships

Some have Victorian Platinum/Gold where they go to 5 games in Victoria and have a GF guarantee if Eagles make it (approx 10K)

Some are currently on the waiting list (approx 11K)

The Eagles are allocated 50 of the 60k seating, no different to Melbourne clubs at the Melbourne venues.
Say Richmond at the G, capacity 100k, the cricket club & AFL members are allocated 40 k, leaving 60k, how many of that remainder are allocated to the Tiges faithful. They claim 100k members.
The strength of the Eagles is they sell the seats on a seasonal basis, money up front, & there is a pecking order to get the seating (think of the wait list for the cricket club), just as there is to join the club.

Essendon have tried to follow the Eagles model at Docklands, it takes time.

Like you said... who cares?

Quick history lesson #2... WW1 was fought between July 1914 and November 1918. The 1915 season was played by all teams, with only four teams fielding sides in 1916. Geelong returned to the competition in 1917, with all teams having returned by 1919. Richmond won its first flag in 1920.

I think what this really proves was that even over 100 years ago people were willing to do just about anything to get out of Geelong.

Quick history lesson #1... WWII was fought between 1939 and 1945. In 1943 Tigers won the flag in an 11 team competition. You can guess which team wasn't there.

Oh dear. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All self serving, how strange. Guess its me, cynical of surveys that are paid for by those releasing numbers that serve their purpose.
You know what amuses me Kwality?

Is how when anyone disputes something, you come on and try and put it down.

It's like WC supporters have this huge inferiority complex, just be proud of what your club has achieved.

Quick history lesson #1... WWII was fought between 1939 and 1945. In 1943 Tigers won the flag in an 11 team competition. You can guess which team wasn't there.

Oh dear. :$
You went 3-15 and avoided the wooden spoon by % only in 1941. You withdrew from the comp in 1942 because... wait for it... your fans couldn’t travel easily to Melbourne for away games. I didn’t realise the softness of Geelong fans I witnessed after the 2017 qualifying final - complaining about crowd noise - extended that far back.

Now, if only the Germans had laid down so easily...

You know what amuses me Kwality?

Is how when anyone disputes something, you come on and try and put it down.

It's like WC supporters have this huge inferiority complex, just be proud of what your club has achieved.

You may choose to see the discussion you replied to in terms of club support, fine but it relates to surveys more generally, & is not limited to footy.

You went 3-15 and avoided the wooden spoon by % only in 1941. You withdrew from the comp in 1942 because... wait for it... your fans couldn’t travel easily to Melbourne for away games. I didn’t realise the softness of Geelong fans I witnessed after the 2017 qualifying final - complaining about crowd noise - extended that far back.

Now, if only the Germans had laid down so easily...

You really have lived a sheltered life.

And i live in tassie.... i wont be supporting a tassie team. They have left that to late as well. Lost care. Love carlton

You may choose to see the discussion you replied to in terms of club support, fine but it relates to surveys more generally, & is not limited to footy.
Really?
What about all the we are bigger than you bullshit?

What i am proud of is, whenever supporters of clubs bring up the we are bigger than you, they always compare themselves to Collingwood.

Just be proud of your club, surveys don't stop what they have done.

All self serving, how strange. Guess its me, cynical of surveys that are paid for by those releasing numbers that serve their purpose.
The data is provided by international companies they dont give a beep about the AFL clubs. They get paid they provide a service. Guess we can agree WCE are the biggest club albeit for different reasons.

And i live in tassie.... i wont be supporting a tassie team. They have left that to late as well. Lost care. Love carlton
That makes sense though. Tassie hasn't had a team in your lifetime so of course you'd pick a team. I'm talking about those dirty opportunists that follow teams from other areas or states. Good on you for being loyal though.

Back