Sydney is such a ****weak club

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn't...

Swans adopted the nickname in the '30s, Fitzroy were the even more Aussie Gorillas back then.
C'mon man, why do you want to go ruining the fun with your facts and logic? I don't have time to check that every stupid thing i say is factually correct!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the Sydney Sharks was right there!

They should have gone with Sydney Snakes:

1. Alliteration
2. An animal most people associate with Sydney
3. Suits a team slithering around the bottom of the ladder, occasionally striking up from nowhere at a more powerful beast. Before getting squished.

Taylor is going to tear you guys a new anus. He was the rising star for a reason.
Oh god, here we go. You've summoned the Dogs' "Bont waz robed" brigade.

They should have gone with Sydney Snakes:

1. Alliteration
2. An animal most people associate with Sydney
3. Suits a team slithering around the bottom of the ladder, occasionally striking up from nowhere at a more powerful beast. Before getting squished.
I feel like spiders tick all that, plus the added bonus of they still call the SCG home judging by the cobwebs.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Ahhh the good ol' s***ney thread.

Yep, always comes back because deep down you guys never got over losing Craig Bolton.

Also will just leave this here

1599702920011.png

dosser

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Sydney are coached by someone who doesn't even want to be there. Can you blame him? They have the worst dual Brownlow medalist ever! I can't think of any worse. The only reason they aren't getting spoons every year is because they are living off AFL handouts. And the only reason they won a grand final is because the tribunal gifted them a 'get out of jail card'. Tradition? - their greatest tradition is not winning a premiership for 73 years. And aren't they the most boring team to watch ever. I mean I fall asleep watching the highlights. The Swans would have the worst young talent going around and will be bottom 4 material for at least the next 3 to 5 years. All the supporters are just a bunch of bandwagoners and the club should just fold.
Damn! This post actually aged pretty well!

Also surprised that no one mentioned Amon Buchanan, but given I had to check his Wikipedia page to confirm my memory that he did join the Lions maybe I shouldn't be quite as surprised.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bradsahw admitted the best goal he ever kicked was for the Swans, so when he thinks back to the best goal of his career, he thinks about himself wearing a Swans guernsey.

I am pretty sure if asked Bradshaw would say he considers himself a former Swans player :cool:
Just glad you were able to help pay for the retirement of one of our favourite sons. #thanksamillion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back