2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You need to watch Lyons more. All his kicks from inside the contest are just clearing kicks to gain meterage, there’s no elite kick there.
I think you mistaken what I mean , I said is ok to have Lyons type in Brisbane team , but to have multiples Lyons type in GCS such as swallow, recent Miller , Florini , Brodie is a big No . Crouch is the exact same style as Lyons , Miller , florini, brodie , swallow , Greenwood even jack Bowes .
GCS need mc luggage and berry, McGrath , GWS Kelly type . Not another Brodie and lyons upgrade or a better version of Murdoch but more expensive Atkins . Zac Williams will be perfect but I doubt he will come . Will be handy if saad stay with GC or Craig Cameron find mature age like saad, Liam Ryan , Callum Wilkins , mihochek , Tim Kelly etc from state league .

Last edited:

But noway should the be paying him more than they are paying Ellis. I'm not sure what Ellis is on though.
Ellis is on 600k, and while I thought that was too much, he is a 2 time premiership player that has actually improved this year and been really good for us, and will only get better as the team around him gets better.

Atkins wouldn't of done a thing to help last night. A soft outside mid who goes to water under pressure? How would that of helped
Last night was terrible I agree. 15-16 of them didn't turn up so no he wouldn't have.
Who replaces Harbs and to a lesser extent Hanley next year?
He'll play a role off half back and can go into the middle.
Francou and Kaisler worked closely with him. They wouldn't want him if they think he's no good.

Ellis is on 600k, and while I thought that was too much, he is a 2 time premiership player that has actually improved this year and been really good for us, and will only get better as the team around him gets better.
Yeah, he is definitely worth that money. We can only go on what the media say what players are on and I think there was a little confusion about what that was. But he has been good this year. Some said he was only good in a good team, but he has been good for the team off field and onfield. He was a good recruit.

Lachie Hunter is a gun and there are rumours that he's not happy at the Bulldogs.
He's 25 and taken his game to a new level despite a tough year off the field.
More outside than in but 105 inside 50s last year and 6.6 score involvements a game is elite and 74% DE.
We could do a lot worse if he wants out of Victoria.
That Rumour was started by Caroline Wilson I wouldn’t believe a word that comes from her mouth.

Don't do deal based on emotional , you can't ripped off a 5 years deal . Murdoch , GHS 2-3 years contract people already regret it and complain it is too long , imagine Atkins did a Pearce Henley /marceski and Crouch play less than 100 games for GCS due to injuries . Players like Ben King , luko,Rankine will go back to Vic , Adelaide and GCS keeping Crouch in rehab and Atkins enjoy his super with gold in his pocket and sun shining brightly on him

Last edited:
As a Lions supporter, I’d do that trade in a heartbeat.

Isn’t Laird a restricted free agent, so no need to trade for.

It’s a rare KPD who can walk in from the draft and hold down a starting spot.

I’m not sure if DGB should be the KPD you guys should be looking at. Thought Cox might be more the one to look at.

Laird is a free agent next year as is Brodie Smith..not this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the suns aren’t offering Atkins 500k x 4, that’s just ludicrous and is that type of deal that hamstrings a club into the future. I don’t think any other club would offer half that.

Would much prefer to bring in isaac smith for a couple years than give atkins 5. Smith plays same position but think he would be a great addition to our young group. Would set really high standards in regards to training but seems to be a good guy to have around the club, bit similar to what Ellis brings

Lachie Hunter is a gun and there are rumours that he's not happy at the Bulldogs.
He's 25 and taken his game to a new level despite a tough year off the field.
More outside than in but 105 inside 50s last year and 6.6 score involvements a game is elite and 74% DE.
We could do a lot worse if he wants out of Victoria.
Not the sort of character you’d really want to bring into a club that has tried for years to finally get rid of the party culture.
good player, but wouldn’t want him coming to us.

People keep wanting Crouch , Laird . 5 years deal, if don't work out , your complain and sorry won't change anything just like Thompson 5 years contract signed- oh back luck for him . No he get paid for not playing .

Considering infield performance alone, I'd pay Hunter almost double what I'd pay Atkins.

Fantasy football- getting Hunter absolutely yes, in BF forum great pick. Real situation big NO. You need at least 50 games to be a decent AFL players .
Powell, Buddarick , lukosius , sam collins , ............... not even reach 50 AFL games.
No wonder Ah chee type left, earn 400k for a few season in rehab plus reserve football and go to another team.
Brodie will do the same if he can.

Last edited:
I suggested Hunter few months back and he would be ideal, or Fiorini could get more mobile and he would do the exact same role for us.

Rather have 2 years of Isaac Smith then 5 years of Rory Atkins.

Also was shut down on the Hunter availability, his contract runs to 2024 so we should probably forget about that one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back