Lions Season 2020

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Swanny was on the radio this morning and announced Harris has recommitted for an additional 4 years. Was already signed for next season but has extended for another 4 on top of that.

Good news to start the day. Not that I think anyone was ever worried about Harris going anywhere.

5 years for this injury prone hack!

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Some other OOC 2021 guys who I'd love to see us lock up early- Hugh McCluggage, Cam Rayner, Zac Bailey, Brandon Starcevich, Charlie Cameron, Oscar McInerney.

Some other OOC 2021 guys who I'd love to see us lock up early- Hugh McCluggage, Cam Rayner, Zac Bailey, Brandon Starcevich, Charlie Cameron, Oscar McInerney.
Good news!

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry to butt in but a random question, are Brisbane players quarantining at home at the moment?

Good luck for the finals - I think we'll just be making up the numbers.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Sorry to butt in but a random question, are Brisbane players quarantining at home at the moment?

Good luck for the finals - I think we'll just be making up the numbers.
Why would they need to quarantine?

Did the Eagles players quarantine at home when they were back in WA during their 8 game stint, or however many games it was?

Are you confusing quarantine, and hub bubble?

If you mean, are our boys following the protocols the AFL has set out for them, then yes they are.

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Why would they need to quarantine?

Did the Eagles players quarantine at home when they were back in WA during their 8 game stint, or however many games it was?

Are you confusing quarantine, and hub bubble?

If you mean, are our boys following the protocols the AFL has set out for them, then yes they are.

Thanks, don't worry wasn't questioning the club's procedures just wanted to get it clear.

I was wondering because on the last RealFooty podcast Caro was arguing against Eagles hosting a home final because they would have an advantage because they could quarantine at home and the other team would have to do it in a hotel, and I was thinking, isn't that exactly what's happening right now with the Queensland clubs?

I have no problem with the arrangement, just her anti-Eagles hypocrisy.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Thanks, don't worry wasn't questioning the club's procedures just wanted to get it clear.

I was wondering because on the last RealFooty podcast Caro was arguing against Eagles hosting a home final because they would have an advantage because they could quarantine at home and the other team would have to do it in a hotel, and I was thinking, isn't that exactly what's happening right now with the Queensland clubs?

I have no problem with the arrangement, just her anti-Eagles hypocrisy.
No it’s not exactly the same.

WA has the strictest quarantine rules in the country.

If the Eagles play in QLD or SA, they don’t have to quarantine, they just stay in their hotel and follow the AFL’s guidelines. They’re allowed out in public areas, allowed to walk along the beach, or parks, grab a takeaway coffee.

If a team currently in QLD fly’s to WA. They actually have to quarantine, they’re not allowed out of their rooms, let alone hotel.

The Eagles players would have their house and yard to roam around in.

Hope you see the difference.

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
No it’s not exactly the same.

WA has the strictest quarantine rules in the country.

If the Eagles play in QLD or SA, they don’t have to quarantine, they just stay in their hotel and follow the AFL’s guidelines. They’re allowed out in public areas, allowed to walk along the beach, or parks, grab a takeaway coffee.

If a team currently in QLD fly’s to WA. They actually have to quarantine, they’re not allowed out of their rooms, let alone hotel.

The Eagles players would have their house and yard to roam around in.

Hope you see the difference.

Not that different.

Teams flying into WA can train together so they are allowed out of their rooms. The hotel becomes their hub. Not much of a difference for a week other than they can't go to the beach etc. Here's the conditions Collingwood played under: https://www.wa.gov.au/sites/default...al-for-AFL-Team-Collingwood-Football-Club.pdf.

I'm not begrudging the Lions this advantage. Caro just seems to have a massive chip on her shoulder about the Eagles so we cop a whack at every opportunity.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Not that different.

Teams flying into WA can train together so they are allowed out of their rooms. The hotel becomes their hub. Not much of a difference for a week other than they can't go to the beach etc. Here's the conditions Collingwood played under: https://www.wa.gov.au/sites/default...al-for-AFL-Team-Collingwood-Football-Club.pdf.

I'm not begrudging the Lions this advantage. Caro just seems to have a massive chip on her shoulder about the Eagles so we cop a whack at every opportunity.
Mate, if you can’t see those restrictions are much more severe compared to what the players here are allowed to do, then I can’t help you.

Unless you are coming in from Vic or NSW, people don’t have to quarantine if arriving from SA or WA.

Are players in a WA quarantine hotel allowed in the lobby, lounge or pool, because they public places within the hotel?

I didn’t read the whole 10 pages, so can you tell me how many players are allowed to visit another players room at the same time?

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Not that different.

And what do the players do for the other 21.5 hours in the day when they’re not a training, or travelling to or from training?

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Mate, if you can’t see those restrictions are much more severe compared to what the players here are allowed to do, then I can’t help you.

Unless you are coming in from Vic or NSW, people don’t have to quarantine if arriving from SA or WA.

Are players in a WA quarantine hotel allowed in the lobby, lounge or pool, because they public places within the hotel?

I didn’t read the whole 10 pages, so can you tell me how many players are allowed to visit another players room at the same time?

In answer to your questions, yes they are and they go to training at Optus. The difference is they can't got out and get in fights in kebab shops at 3:00 a.m.

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry, are you saying they’re allowed to mingle with other hotel guests and staff?

I'd assume that, as a hub, they get either a part or all of the hotel. The documents talk about a hub within the facility. You'd need to check with players about how restrictive that is.

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
What’s stopping players leaving a WA quarantine hotel? And breaking the AFL’s rules.

Massive fines? None of them did during the mid-part of the season.

Basically, this has worked fine during the season but now, apparently because its finals, it doesn't work anymore.

In answer to your questions, yes they are and they go to training at Optus. The difference is they can't got out and get in fights in kebab shops at 3:00 a.m.
I think also it is because the other team has to fly in a week before the game and quarantine during that period.
SA you can fly in and out.
So if a team has to fly to Perth they have to uproot themselves And move everything over there for a week and then do it all again a week later after the game to come back to a hub in Qld.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Basically, this has worked fine during the season but now, apparently because its finals, it doesn't work anymore.

THey would play another team in the same sort of quarantine first, and maybe have a bye, then play WCE/Freo once the quarantine period was finished. Whereas this would be them stuck in in-room quarantine for 7 days or less vs Eagles who would be at home.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams

So the same measures here then. It’s worked mostly fine here as well, except for Richmond.

I'd assume that, as a hub, they get either a part or all of the hotel. The documents talk about a hub within the facility. You'd need to check with players about how restrictive that is.
So you don’t actually know if the players and clubs are confined to the floor they’re staying on or not? Or if players are confined to their rooms, and what restrictions they have on visiting each other’s rooms.

And you’re still refusing to concede these are harsher conditions compared to Eagle’s players quarantining at home.

Back