News Gibbs to retire after final game against the Blues

Does Gibbs deserve a farewell game?

• Yes

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 69 48.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No one with a mental age above 15 is going to think anyone is a “soft****”.

But imagine thinking you could end up at a club that will give you a metaphorical middle finger and a kick in the arse on the way out the door. Hardly a great place to go and you would only go their as a mercenary with little empathy or care for the club.

How is the club giving him the metaphorical middle finger and a kick in the arse?

By not gifting him a farewell game?

He only played 36 games for us. Surely that's not it, 36 games is enough for a farewell game when your form and attitude doesn't warrant it. :drunk:

We just haven't picked him due to his poor form and attitude, he is still getting the money he is owed. Where have we disrespected him.

I think it is the other way around he has seemed to have given the club the metaphorical middle finger and a kick in the arse as he's laughed all the way to the bank.

Or, you know, people just don’t agree with your position.

Part of luring people from other clubs is showing that your respect their body of work and essentially integrate them (and their previous contribution to the game) into your club.

imagine trying to get a great player across from another club when you demonstrate that you DGAF about respecting what they have worked hard for and achieved to date. It is a bit of a disincentive to come to the crows if that was our attitude.

... Gibbs didn't achieve anything at Carlton other than racking up games played.

No one with a mental age above 15 is going to think anyone is a “soft****”.

But imagine thinking you could end up at a club that will give you a metaphorical middle finger and a kick in the arse on the way out the door. Hardly a great place to go and you would only go their as a mercenary with little empathy or care for the club.

No one with a mental age above 15 is equating NOT giving Gibbs a farewell with giving him the "metaphorical middle finger and a kick in the arse on the way out the door". He is just rightfully not being lauded as a champion of the club.

And your last sentence is an apt description of Gibbs

Gibbs is bad for wanting money he's legally entitled to? Sorry but this one is down to mismanagement on the club's behalf. They allowed themselves to be ripped off by Carlton and were overly generous with the length of Gibbs contract. I'm sure Bryce is willing to stay on for 2021 but the club has decided to open up a list spot instead (the right call), so we're stuck footing the bill. It sucks but it's a fair outcome.

Oh, I’m in general agreement with you there.

But his problems are self inflicted, and they could probably argue he’d brought the Club into disrepute as a result of some of his actions. And I don’t think he’s interested in playing anymore - just collecting a Cheque.

Gee instead of making a poll option

“DIE GIBBS DIE”

I should have made it

“thank you for your supreme efforts, o glorious one. I’m glad you’re still getting paid next year, in fact would you like an extension? We’re just glad you used us, it makes us feel so special. Remember to laugh it up on Sunday so the mighty Blues win - sincerely, the Adelaide Crows p.s. Reidy says hi!”

and yes I voted for this option but i don’t know who the other person was

Will you turn on the ability to see who voted?

Or is that only something you can do once the vote has ended?

Carlton supporters will love it, no doubt they get to send off their player. That should be all you need to know if it is a good decision or not.

Its' a kick in the guts to Crows supporters having to watch the love fest and the flapping that will be going on in the commentary box. Adding in yet another game goes begging for one of our young brigade.
It's like going out for one last dinner date with someone you've broken up with after an unpleasant few years with them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won a best and fairest.

A Carlton best and fairest isn't worth a whole lot in my eyes, that's a very low bar to have to get over.

We'd have had 5 players that'd have won it if they were playing for Carlton that year.

Back