Review Round 16, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast

Who were your five best players against Gold Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fab 5- Neale, Hipwood, Rayner, McCluggage, Robinson.

1- Archie did a couple of good things in the last quarter although overall he is a passenger.
2- Hipwood and Rayner were immense,
3- I don't usually criticise umpires but it was atrocious tonight, no consistency whatsoever, and Eleni has zero feel for the game, needs to be dropped.
4- It felt more like a 70-80 point win, the Suns could not go with us in open play, only looked dangerous when gifted free kicks.
5- We have an absolute beauty in Keidean, so calm and cool for a 2nd gamer.
6- Rayner is going to be a beast of a player.
I noticed a couple of times at centre bounces last night him just running through people putting them on the ground and he kept his feet to continue in the contest. Maybe he will spend more and more time in the midfield

I think Payne was off for about 5 minutes in the last Q, after taking a good contested mark, might have coped a knocked. So a bit short with Lester and Gardner.
I meant their backmen took a few contested marks in our forward line in the last qtr. We should have brought it to ground.

Did anyone see the Suns player slap Answerth's face just on the siren?
Yeah that siren couldn’t have come at a better time. That was about to start bubbling over.

Coleman 11 touches with 2 goal assists, 5 score involvements, 4 tackles and 15 pressure acts, following up on 12 disposals, 4 tackles and 16 pressure acts v Collingwood.

Other than finishing off his work and getting his first goal its hard to see what more kiddy could do. Must stay in the team the rest of the season imo.
As well as he is going I wouldn't be surprised if they they gave the young fellow a rest against Swans.

Has there been a result for Jarrods scans yet?:praying:🤞
I'd expect it tomorrow.

Expect the worst ,hope for the best.

Didn't see any vision of the Doc re inserting it so no idea of how bad it actually was . You're always at risk of damaging the nerves /tissue around the bone. I wouldn't take Jarrod's demeanour as anything other than he'd want to play on if he had a broken arm ,but at least that part of it is a positive ,it wasn't a self evident shocker.

I noticed a couple of times at centre bounces last night him just running through people putting them on the ground and he kept his feet to continue in the contest. Maybe he will spend more and more time in the midfield
Just finished watching the replay after attending the game at the Gabba

Rayner had a great impact game and was involved in some memorable plays during the game
My favorite Rayner moment which could easily have been missed by people at the ground.
This was with about 12 minutes remaining on the clock in the 2nd quarter

Centre bounce -
Tap by Archie to ground
Rayner a tiny touch pushing the ball forward about 2 meters
Then he cleaned up Miller legally so Neale could get the clearance with a kick forward
Mark to Zorko just outside 50
Zorko short pass to Hipwood. Mark to Hipwood directly in front about 20 meters out.
Hipwood kicks for goal............ result ????

I thought Rayner showed us what we can expect from him in the future.
And not one don't argue fend off from him either

And yes Hipwood did kick the goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coleman 11 touches with 2 goal assists, 5 score involvements, 4 tackles and 15 pressure acts, following up on 12 disposals, 4 tackles and 16 pressure acts v Collingwood.

Other than finishing off his work and getting his first goal its hard to see what more kiddy could do. Must stay in the team the rest of the season imo.
I know i am going a little early here and hope he is as half as good as him but he tends IMO to have the Cyril Rioli moves about him. His deft left foot footwork seems so similar to Cyril.

I'm still marvelling at the deftness of Kiddy's kick to Berry.

That was a fantastic kick although the one he did to Rayner was better IMO, under pressure had a split second to do it and hit a 30-40 bullet on to his chest. He has such great vision and calmness for a 2nd gamer, it's exactly what he has been doing in the NEAFL, so exciting that he has been able to transfer that ability seamlessly into AFL level footy, a lot of players can't do that.

I'm not adverse to dropping Birchall, and pushing everyone down a spot (Harris and Payne as KPDs, Gardiner as a medium defender, Lester into Birchall's role).

I actually consider Lester out, Harris and Payne, Gardiner slides down to Lester’s role. Brichall untouched.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we play Geelong in finals I'd be a lot more confident if we had Adams in. Hawkins was too good for Andrews earlier in the year, is too big for Gardiner and Payne is too raw.

Hopefully he isn't too far off a healthy Adams is best 22 for sure. Payne looks very promising but at this point Hawkins is too good for him. As was J R

Rosebury not my favourite umpire. Umpiring all round was pretty shocking last night.

We soundly won the score, the disposals, the clearances, and the tackles. When a team comfortably wins those 4 stats, it's pretty much a given that they'll have had more free kicks as well - that's just what happens when you control the ball.

21-12 against. Plenty of shockers in there.
Even Fages lost his shite over a couple...

I think someone mentioned it, but I was really impressed with Coleman's tackling. Looks very slight but just seems to know how to time them to get people off balance and onto the ground. Very exciting start to his career.
He's a champ, great tackling technique , quite simple , hits them with his shoulder and wraps his arms around.
not in the back of course.
Doesn't get the shoulder in all the time but gets body on body,so much harder to break the tackle with your arms around them with a driving body.
Great to see a committed tackler.

I'd expect it tomorrow.

Expect the worst ,hope for the best.

Didn't see any vision of the Doc re inserting it so no idea of how bad it actually was . You're always at risk of damaging the nerves /tissue around the bone. I wouldn't take Jarrod's demeanour as anything other than he'd want to play on if he had a broken arm ,but at least that part of it is a positive ,it wasn't a self evident shocker.
I think I read somewhere that it popped straight back in by itself. It didn't look to be out as he ran off.

Back