Player Watch #22 Nick Blakey

tXbJBXbU.jpg

Nick Blakey
Nick Blakey is a prodigious talent with a laser-sharp left boot, an outstanding overhead ability and searing pace. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy product booted 21 goals in 19 games in a brilliant debut season en route to winning the club’s 2019 Rising Star award, and while he added a lively element to the forward line last year, he’s likely to play on a wing or in the midfield in 2020. Nick is the son of former Fitzroy and North Melbourne champion John Blakey, who’s had a variety of roles on the Swans’ coaching panel since 2006.

Nick Blakey
DOB: 27 February 2000
DEBUT: 2019
DRAFT: #10, 2018 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: University Of NSW-Eastern Suburbs (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
So he's quite clearly not just a passionate supporter who can have disagreements, which is the crux of what you responded to.
Really not the crux, the crux was that he admits when he's wrong. I then stated he is a passionate supporter, which is a side point, not a crux.
He IS a passionate supporter, what he does around that wasn't part of my statement.
I don't know why you've taken umbrage at what I said.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Really not the crux, the crux was that he admits when he's wrong. I then stated he is a passionate supporter, which is a side point, not a crux.
He IS a passionate supporter, what he does around that wasn't part of my statement.
I don't know why you've taken umbrage at what I said.
He is perfect that's why , will have a vaccine ready soon for foot in mouth

He is perfect that's why , will have a vaccine ready soon for foot in mouth

I've found Kummerspeck to be a good poster to discuss things with even if we don't agree on everything. I actually enjoy hearing your thoughts on footy as well as you have interesting perspectives but they're few and far between all the ridiculing posts.

why dont we all draw a line in the sand and just talk footy and have a laugh

and let the mods mod not do it ourselves (bedders ;) )

ive probably had fights with everyone on this board, but so what? , doesnt matter, we all dont have to agree, but it does get annoying if people want to control where the convo goes (which i guess i am now, but id like to talk about blakey)

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I've found Kummerspeck to be a good poster to discuss things with even if we don't agree on everything. I actually enjoy hearing your thoughts on footy as well as you have interesting perspectives but they're few and far between all the ridiculing posts.
As i have we all can't get on , but someone like that thinks they are a perfect human i and a few others don't cop it. I get the shits easy and love the Bloods and am very far from perfect and f up at time , so sorry and we move on i hope.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Blakey has been a weak link his past 2 games. Against essendon he had a reasonable 357 metres gained, but from memory , he missed goal opportunities, late in the match couldn't decide between James Bell/Buddy/Going for goal, and put the ball over the boundary line. Other times he made some ground he kicked it long to an Essendon player.
He was grumbling to the umpire about everything and was getting over niggly with the Essendon players.

Generally I thought his last couple of games have been below average and in tight games he isnt doing us any favours

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm not in the 'Blakey is bad camp', but I'm also not in the 'play Blakey no matter what camp'. Looking lost in high pressure moments, and his kicking has been suspect lately.

Get him into the reserves with Hayward and bring in another winger imo, or Rowbottom if fit. Don't think he deserves a game atm, but he definitely has the ability to win back his spot.

I'm not in the 'Blakey is bad camp', but I'm also not in the 'play Blakey no matter what camp'. Looking lost in high pressure moments, and his kicking has been suspect lately.

Get him into the reserves with Hayward and bring in another winger imo, or Rowbottom if fit. Don't think he deserves a game atm, but he definitely has the ability to win back his spot.

Spot on.

Pretty much Blakey let’s be honest

Even though Blakey is out of form he more than doubles the possessions Grohan got.

I believe it is a form issue, nothing more or less.

Even though Blakey is out of form he more than doubles the possessions Grohan got.

I believe it is a form issue, nothing more or less.
He didn’t get a kick last year mate , he was 2nd year blues apparently.

Tracking Rohan style this year , not even getting a touch on the wing and how many goals he got?

Back