Review Positives & Negatives V Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

This has to be one of the greatest wins I have seen since supporting Eagles from 1996. So many players missing, losing GOV in the game. down and out in last quarter and end up winning.

So for anyone even mentioning a single negative... go Fu$$ yourself. Gotta be kidding

Positives for me :
  1. NN and TB were both huge equal BOG. TB BOG for 3 qrts, NN from second qrt onward was massive
  2. Gaff and Kelly were massive- great to see, TK best game for us
  3. I keep telling you we have a good record at the Gabba- more games at the Gabba better for us
  4. winning in the wet at the Gabba away from home does not get any better

Positives
Absolute carry from Kelly and Gaff Tonight.

Darling, Sheppard, Hurn, Barrass, Nic Nat, Ryan, JK, Duggan all played well

Dominated the aerial contests.

Negatives

Ainsworth, Brander, Brayshaw, Xon barely touched the ball.

Mcgovern injury

Thought the backline seems to struggle getting the ball at ground level, or put on or hold a tackle. Saints forwards were crumbing and had way too much time with the ball.

I finally concede that petrol jelly is on a kinfes edge of not making it. That's being kind.
Hes got the tools but is clearly underdone, its his first game in months. Give the guy a chance.

I was pissed when he grubbed that kick in our forward 50 - he shouldve had a crack at the goal.

b50442edca401c30eb39db4feb4f2984.gif

I expect most West Coast supporters will be bracing themselves for something I for one was not expecting to do. Wish for a Geelong win in 2020.

If Geelong knock off Richmond and assuming we do the business against Norf, we have a 4 v 1 in an almost Eagles home ground final against Port.

I would love Sportsbet to have a line on Which Eagles to kick the winning goal after the siren.

1599739138112.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing win! Gave us no hope in the first 10 mins, we just couldn't get the ball out of defence. Then our senior players stood up and were amazing.

Simmo was brilliant, completely outcoached the saints. Clogged up defense, owned corridor and moved ball i50 brilliantly.

Not too fussed about Gov injury. He and barrass have been spoiling themselves for weeks. Our defense played much better with one guy going for the mark and then others spoiling.

Dead set, that's the kind of win you look back on as a key moment when you win a flag. Huge efforts from our remaining seniors in the middle - Kelly, Gaff, NN.

Collingwood 2018 when Nic Nat went down injured. Parallels.

Port Adelaide 2018 when the entire world hated us and Weak Coast Eagles was plastered on every local paper. As backs against the wall as I can recall the Eagles being until tonight. Parallels.

I love this club.

+ We beat the Saints in one of our best home and away wins in history given the circumstances.

- My fiancée, a Saints fan, is no longer speaking to me.

🤷‍♂️

Collingwood 2018 when Nic Nat went down injured. Parallels.

Port Adelaide 2018 when the entire world hated us and Weak Coast Eagles was plastered on every local paper. As backs against the wall as I can recall the Eagles being until tonight. Parallels.

I love this club.

Yeah it was round 17 too. Most were writing us off after that.

Plus the whole pattern thing. 92, 94, 06, 18, 20...it's fated lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back