Universal Love Kreuzer announces Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

It's weird how Trent Cotchin is such a model citizen when his dad is such a reptile.

I feel real uneasy about Kreuzer finishing up with such little success, I feel like we let him down

Never forget how he turned down the big bucks to goto GWS, then later Collingwood. Loyal man, always put his body on the line, humble, honest. Really sad he never won a premiership with us or got to 200 games.

I hope he earnt enough money that he doesn't have to work if he doesn't want to, as he put his body through an absolute battering.

Retired from footy doesn't equate to retired from life. He's 31, he's a young man, he'll be working. He's been looking to what he would do post-football for at least 6 years.

Retired from footy doesn't equate to retired from life. He's 31, he's a young man, he'll be working. He's been looking to what he would do post-football for at least 6 years.

I guess I just hope he's got enough cash that he can do what he wants, just because he turned down big offers elsewhere to help us get success and ultimately the club only won 3 finals in his career

I guess I just hope he's got enough cash that he can do what he wants, just because he turned down big offers elsewhere to help us get success and ultimately the club only won 3 finals in his career

The offer from GWS was the huge one, I wouldn't have blamed him for accepting it, he showed his loyalty right there.
I'm sure he'll be ok and that he will be looked after post-career, he sure deserves it.

I’m overrun with emotion right now.

Special K did well to not retire after his first year after being bored half to death sitting next to me at the jumper presentation.

Enjoy your retirement old boy. Thanks for the great memories, and make some sons for us. It's your duty.
Oi!

Kreuze is one of my favourite types of player. Not necessarily the most exciting and flashy to watch, but dependable*. Reliable. Lion-hearted.
So much talent but bloody injuries ruin another career. How bullshit is it that one of the club's actual heart and soul players played his last game to a hollow, empty stadium. No chance of a farewell, no last time to yell KREUUUUUZEEEEE.

I'm gonna miss this guy.

Look how happy I was to meet him. So lovely, he had plenty of time to spend having a chat. And yes, I was standing up 🙃View attachment 957825

*when not injured, obviously. Don't @ me.
Fantastic Mebbs!!!!!

Kreuze is one of my favourite types of player. Not necessarily the most exciting and flashy to watch, but dependable*. Reliable. Lion-hearted.
So much talent but bloody injuries ruin another career. How bullshit is it that one of the club's actual heart and soul players played his last game to a hollow, empty stadium. No chance of a farewell, no last time to yell KREUUUUUZEEEEE.

I'm gonna miss this guy.

Look how happy I was to meet him. So lovely, he had plenty of time to spend having a chat. And yes, I was standing up 🙃View attachment 957825

*when not injured, obviously. Don't @ me.
who's the dude with meb?

Just saw that Humphrey has hung them up.

I am a little bit heartbroken, to be honest.

He gave everything he had to give, one of those players that really did deserve more.

As the proverb goes amongst horses, they say he has heart as big as Matty Kreuzer.

:'(

this kid gave all to the club and didnt really take much

alot of pressure on Kruez even from day one. so many hopes rested on him; shame his body held him back. when free to play he was elite.

big Heart, never took a step back on the field. all the best we need more like you.

still have 2 number 1s in our side (3 if we include Murph) hopefully we can reward at least 2 of them with the ultimate success soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been sad news. I guess we knew it may have been coming but geez, it’s kind of heartbreaking. One of my absolute favourite ever players. I got a tear in my eye watching him address the playing group yesterday. Such a shame a guy like this ends his career in this way. How lucky we’d be if more of our players had his drive, determination, heart and Hardness.

Thanks Krooze. Will miss watching you play.

F*** me, I’m cooked watching that! Thanks Kreuz.

The only thing that made that a little bit funny rather than sad was when he said "the mind can't do what the body wants". Pretty sure a heart and soul player wouldn't have meant it that way around :)

At last year's Charlie's Club kids day, my youngest waited in the never-ending Cripps queue for his autograph. They called them in for a meeting before she got to the front - then the tears started. Kreuze saw what happened and came over and signed her number 9.

So for her at least, a little bit of Kreuze will live on via Paddy. He is one of the reasons why we have such a great footy club.

Watching his highlights you just forget how good he was for a big bloke when he didn't have the footy.
And his ability to get around the ground was amazing. Going to miss the big fella.
How many times did he come from the field returning with bandages around his cut head?

The only thing that made that a little bit funny rather than sad was when he said "the mind can't do what the body wants". Pretty sure a heart and soul player wouldn't have meant it that way around :)

At last year's Charlie's Club kids day, my youngest waited in the never-ending Cripps queue for his autograph. They called them in for a meeting before she got to the front - then the tears started. Kreuze saw what happened and came over and signed her number 9.

So for her at least, a little bit of Kreuze will live on via Paddy. He is one of the reasons why we have such a great footy club.

I noticed that too! I was waiting for someone to make a smart ass comment about the stuff up, but surprisingly it didn't happen. Not sure if it's because they wouldn't do that during anyone's retirement speech, or if they just have that little bit extra respect for the big fella? I'm probably reading too much in to it.

Your story about him and your daughter doesn't surprise me in the least. I've never had the pleasure of meeting Kreuze, but we never hear anything other than how much of a top bloke he is. It just makes his injury hampered career all the more sad, the man deserved so much more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back