Player Watch #35: Nathan Broad

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Something is up with Broad, apparently he didn't even train with the team in the last training session.
If Broad doesn't come in next week it's over for him.
I hate these kind of rumours, based off absolutely nothing and no evidence.

After a two minute google search I was able to find a photo of him training this week. Here’s an image of him training the other day:
9EF27635-25C8-4BA4-A83C-3B7B883F9FBF.jpeg

He also traveled with the team to Darwin on the weekend for the Dreamtime game. Dimma and the coaching staff have obviously just decided to select other players in front of him. I’m not sure whether that was performance based or tactical but Broad isn’t the first bloke to be dropped from the side and he won’t be the last.

We seen Mcintosh dropped last season despite him being one of on better performers in the first half of that season, Caddy was also dropped last season and he currently cannot get a game. Nank was also dropped and elected to be not selected earlier in the year.

Personally I’d have Broad in my best 22, with Grimes out I’m sure he’ll be straight back into the team. I just hate people trying to spread rumours because someone isn’t playing.

Sir_Rancelot

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I hate these kind of rumours, based off absolutely nothing and no evidence.

After a two minute google search I was able to find a photo of him training this week. Here’s an image of him training the other day: View attachment 946995

He also traveled with the team to Darwin on the weekend for the Dreamtime game. Dimma and the coaching staff have obviously just decided to select other players in front of him. I’m not sure whether that was performance based or tactical but Broad isn’t the first bloke to be dropped from the side and he won’t be the last.

We seen Mcintosh dropped last season despite him being one of on better performers in the first half of that season, Caddy was also dropped last season and he currently cannot get a game. Nank was also dropped and elected to be not selected earlier in the year.

Personally I’d have Broad in my best 22, with Grimes out I’m sure he’ll be straight back into the team. I just hate people trying to spread rumours because someone isn’t playing.
I was told he wasn't with the group this morning

Sir_Rancelot

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Reckon him and Caddy got caught doing something they shouldn’t have been doing
It's seems like it, has to be something like that. It's all too odd.
Broad is a lock every week so what's happened. All this team selection no match ups excuses sounds like rubbish to me. This was never an issue in prior games.

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
I was told he wasn't with the group this morning
I’m not aware of the club having a session on game day?
Reckon him and Caddy got caught doing something they shouldn’t have been doing
Both Broad and Caddy were named emergencies, why would the club be naming them as options to play if they were trying to discipline them?

Goshaa

🏆🏆
Jul 8, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Both Broad and Caddy were named emergencies, why would the club be naming them as options to play if they were trying to discipline them?
It’s still punishment. You can only play if it’s an emergency otherwise you’re not playing.

Sir_Rancelot

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not sure but doesn't it seem strange about Broad? If he doesn't come in next week then it would be clear where he currently sits in the pecking order.

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
It’s still punishment. You can only play if it’s an emergency otherwise you’re not playing.
I’m sorry I just cannot agree with you on that one. We may just have to agree to disagree, I just cannot bring myself to seeing any form of disciplinary action coming from having players still train and travel with the club and then select them as emergencies if they’re trying to punish them.

Dimma certainly hasn’t ever been know for any such petty behaviour.

I just think it can be very easy to make something out of nothing.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Didn’t do a lot wrong v Freo that I can recall. Also didn’t get a lot of the ball, but as long as he plays his role I don’t think that matters.

I’m wondering if DH is needing to try some lesser players to see where they stand as we approach finals, and Broad is the sacrificial lamb. When the heat is in Broad will be back, and DH will have a better idea of the pecking order behind him.

Kingsley is not very popular among some of the playing group.
wondering if it has something to with that
Interesting

WOW Really?
Have heard that Kingsley and caddy do not get along at all.
since then have heard that a few players feel the same way.
dimma has sided with Kingsley.
it may be total bullshit but the source is pretty good.

db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
Kingsley is not very popular among some of the playing group.
wondering if it has something to with that

Not sure about that his highly rated Nick Riewolt said he was the best assistant coach he had .Leppa is in charge of defence isn't he.

Have heard that Kingsley and caddy do not get along at all.
since then have heard that a few players feel the same way.
dimma has sided with Kingsley.
it may be total bullshit but the source is pretty good.
To be fair, not everyone will get along and a coaches job isn't to be their mate, it's to tell some truths and guide them in a certain way.
Not surprised Dimma has backed the coach, that's logical

To be fair, not everyone will get along and a coaches job isn't to be their mate, it's to tell some truths and guide them in a certain way.
Not surprised Dimma has backed the coach, that's logical
Totally.
suck it up boys, it’s called being an adult and finding a working relationship.
like I said it could be not as big as this guy made it out to be

Back