Review Round 16, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast

Who were your five best players against Gold Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good to see Fages has consistently sought out the opposition coach after games and had a chat, much like players at the end of games. I can't actually remember any coaches doing that in the past and sums up Fages once again as a special human being.

Did you see he and Buckley talk? Probably the first one I haven't seen happen this year.

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So I watched the replay last night. Was interesting how much clearer Lachie neales dominance was with the tighter TV angles and how much of cams work off ball was missed by those same angle.

What really stood out, though, was king and ricutto's commentary. What absolute w***ers. King digging into rankine for making two mistakes (and not even serious mistakes) because he's 'too flashy' rather than because he's a first year player in his tenth game, and then whipping him for it the rest of the night. And riccuto confidently putting out absolutions about everything (linc having no chance to play again, for example) and then coming up with bs reasons why he was right when he was wrong (hes going to be sore after and might miss finals now). Just the absolute worst. We couldn't have browny in the box and lynchy on the sidelines for this one? Jesus

Can't recollect but if Buckley was upstairs, he probably didn't come down for that.

I usually look out for it. Buckley did come down but didn't see an interaction with Fagan. Didn't think anything of it at the time but that combined with his presser seemed a bit bitter towards Brisbane 🤷‍♂️

There was some old blowhard sitting behind me last night losing his sh*t because we were chipping the ball around our backline when we were 40 points up in the last.

Was clearly the right strategy with another game in 4 days and a reduced interchange.

Some people have no ability to put anything in context.

Wasn't old Mo was it? Leathery looking bloke with a gargles draino voice also answers to Mr Mentum?

I usually look out for it. Buckley did come down but didn't see an interaction with Fagan. Didn't think anything of it at the time but that combined with his presser seemed a bit bitter towards Brisbane 🤷‍♂️

May be still brooding over how Dayne Beams trade back worked out. :rolleyes:

May have just been angry with his team, but he basically said we won because they let us with their mistakes. 🤷‍♂️
Yep, didn’t give us any credit whatsoever.
He also said that their pressure was better than ours, but they turned the ball over in worse positions which is why they lost the game

For such a seasoned coach Bucks' presser was incredibly salty, almost to the point of being immature.

Dew on the other hand was a lot more honest. Respected our performance and said they really got given a lesson of what they need to aim for and all that.

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Nope i've had the tribunal page reloading all day, nothing so far. I don't know enough re: when they release charges etc. After Fage's comments in the presser I wanted to see if there was even some fines.

Ralphy2017

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So I watched the replay last night. Was interesting how much clearer Lachie neales dominance was with the tighter TV angles and how much of cams work off ball was missed by those same angle.

What really stood out, though, was king and ricutto's commentary. What absolute w***ers. King digging into rankine for making two mistakes (and not even serious mistakes) because he's 'too flashy' rather than because he's a first year player in his tenth game, and then whipping him for it the rest of the night. And riccuto confidently putting out absolutions about everything (linc having no chance to play again, for example) and then coming up with bs reasons why he was right when he was wrong (hes going to be sore after and might miss finals now). Just the absolute worst. We couldn't have browny in the box and lynchy on the sidelines for this one? Jesus
David King thinks he is the AFL analyst, when he is just a commentator who seeks a headline

Rewatched our second half after I got bored with tonight’s offering.

I was impressed by hippy - not least because of the stubborn, teeth grinding, belligerent look on his face. He was there to play and he had something to prove something.

well done Eric, stay in that zone because it really works for you.

I can understand if he didn’t get a week for insufficient force but surely a fine is warranted if ‘the head is sacrosanct’?
Every high tackle free kick that is actually paid would be a fine as well under that logic though, before even taking on ones that don't get free kicks paid.

Rewatched our second half after I got bored with tonight’s offering.

I was impressed by hippy - not least because of the stubborn, teeth grinding, belligerent look on his face. He was there to play and he had something to prove something.

well done Eric, stay in that zone because it really works for you.

I know the game was over in the 3rd quarter but Hippy has taken a contested mark in the 4th quarter the last 3 games in a row IIRC. Really important to settle us down in the previous 2 games. A few goals from 45-50 metres would be great for him in the lead up to finals.

Back