Not open for further replies.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
I think Hamling is a top player and is still ahead of Cox for me in our defensive mix. I just think Pearce is a bit better. He was AA level before the injury last year.
I keep thinking of how Tom Lynch ripped Geelong to shreds in the second half of the prelim final last year. Effectively he won them the flag in those two quarters as the grand final was a joke.
In addition, Collingwoods lack of a proper key forward cost them the prelim final last year against an inferior GWS (mihocek disappeared into thin air that day).
Even though the traditional KPF is considered a bit less essential in the modern game by some, it seems in recent years they are still the game breakers in big finals.
When we hopefully reach those big games in the next few years, we will need (a) our own Key forward to be the difference in a tight final (Tabs and hogan tracking ok here, less faith in Lobb) and (b) a KPD who will prevent the Hawkins/Lynch equivalent kicking 4 goals in a half on us.
For me, AP is our best placed defender to do that.
Last? year when Pearce started like a haouse on fire & was even being discussed an an AA CHB by the eastern states media I remember looking forward to the job he would do on Lynch.
Then we played the Tigers (at home?) & Lynch won the contest, & it wasn't close. This wasn't even a case of easy forward goals due to team dominance, the guy was just that good. (& I don't like him)
I think Hamling is the best shut down defender we have & this is evidenced from last year when he was always made the deepest defender in the team.
Back to the topic at hand, North for North has a certain ring to it, & I for one would love to see as many debuts in the next 2 weeks as possible.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
I think the form of Ryan, Fyfe, Brayshaw, Mundy, Taberner, Hughes, Cerra and Serong might have cost him already
remember, the way team BnF's are awarded are different from other awards.
simply play every game and you are almost a lock for top 10.
every player gets points for every game
(unless I am mistaken)
FWIW, I think Ryan has it in the bag, but Conca should be in the top few.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
(unless I am mistaken)
Tabs and Ryan are a lock for top 3. Cerra played every game? Brayshaw missed one. Fyfe was down for one week but didn’t come in and hit real form. Took him another 2-3 weeks.

Bender571

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
(unless I am mistaken)
Don't think you get points for every game. You get 0-5 based on how well you perform your role.

Could easily see Conca get 4's & 5's from coaches for the roles he's played over the last few weeks.

The interesting thing for me is I'm pretty sure Prior and Rock would have been part of the voting panel. What happens with the games they can't vote on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Watson in for Conca.. Id imagine Duman will get last minute for his ankle. Could. I mean could see Valente coming in to replace Conca while Watson slots in Duman’s role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back