NRL NRL 2020 Season - Round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 10th September
Wests Tigers vs South Sydney (Bankwest Stadium - 19:50)

Friday 11th September
Canterbury-Bankstown vs Manly-Warringah (ANZ Stadium - 18:00)
Penrith vs Parramatta (Panthers Stadium - 19:55)

Saturday 12th September
St.George-Illawarra vs Canberra (WIN Stadium - 15:00)
Gold Coast vs Brisbane (Cbus Super Stadium - 17:30)
Sydney Roosters vs Newcastle (SCG - 19:35)

Sunday 13th September
Melbourne vs North Queensland (Sunshine Coast Stadium - 16:05)
Cronulla-Sutherland vs New Zealand (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 18:30)

Wests Tigers: Unchanged from last week's win over Manly.
Rabbitohs: Dane Gagai returns from a hamstring strain on the wing in place of Jaxson Paulo. Tevita Tatola is out with Liam Knight starting at prop and Jed Cartwright onto the bench.

Bulldogs: Mass changes to the backline with Marcelo Montoya, Kerrod Holland and the injured Kieran Foran all out. Jayden Okunbor plays his first game of the year on the wing and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak moves into centre alongside the recalled Reimis Smith and Jake Averillo starts at five-eighth. Luke Thompson is back in the starting side at lock with Aiden Tolman moving to prop and Dylan Napa out with a knee injury. Brandon Wakeham and Sauaso Sue are the new faces on the bench.
Sea Eagles: The loss of winger Jorge Taufua (achilles) and five-eighth Josh Schuster (ankle) for the rest of the season has forced a backline reshuffle. Abbas Miski comes in on the wing and Cade Cust has been recalled in the No.6.

Panthers: Isaah Yeo returns from a head knock with James Fisher-Harris returning to prop and Moses Leota to the bench, while Kurt Capewell shifts to the reserves.
Eels: Hooker Reed Mahoney (shoulder) has been named to start after it was originally feared he could be out for a few weeks. In the only change to the 17 which beat the Warriors Andrew Davey comes onto the bench in place of Marata Niukore.

Dragons: Cody Ramsey makes his NRL debut on the wing in place of Mikaele Ravalawa. Paul Vaughan returns from suspension in an all-new front row pairing with Kaide Ellis. Josh Kerr and Blake Lawrie move to the bench and Tyrell Fuimaono drops out.
Raiders: Ricky Stuart has named the same 17 that tackled the Roosters last week. In a boost for the Green Machine, Sia Soliola is named among the reserves as he works his way back from a facial fracture.

Titans: Centre Brian Kelly is out with an ankle injury meaning Beau Fermor moves from second row to centre and Keegan Hipgrave comes into the pack. Prop Jaimin Jolliffe is also sidelined with an ankle problem and his place is taken by Moeaki Fotuaika, who moves from the bench to the starting side. Jai Whitbread has been added to the bench. Jai Arrow played long minutes in his return from a shoulder issue last week and could move into the starting side closer to game time.
Broncos: Captain Alex Glenn returns from injury in the back row with Ben Te'o going to the bench. Suspended duo Jordan Riki and Jamil Hopoate both drop off the interchange while Joe Ofahengaue returns from suspension. Xavier Coates replaces Ethan Bullemor on the pine.

Roosters: Jake Friend returns from a head knock at hooker in place of Freddy Lussick in the only change from last week's win over Canberra.
Knights: Kalyn Ponga, Mitch Barnett and Hymel Hunt have been rested with Tex Hoy at fullback, Edrick Lee back from injury on the wing and Herman Ese'ese starting at lock. Daniel Saifiti returns on the bench while Sione Mata'utia is also a chance to return after being listed in the reserves.

Storm: With Ryan Papenhuyzen out with an achilles injury, Nicho Hynes will play fullback. Suliasi Vunivalu is back from a broken jaw and replaces Isaac Lumelume who goes to the bench. Nelson Asofa-Solomona returns from a calf injury to fill the hole left by Christian Welch's suspension. Ryley Jacks is the new face on the bench with Chris Lewis omitted.
Cowboys: Josh Hannay has named the same 17 as last week, with Gavin Cooper listed to start and Tom Gilbert on the bench.

Sharks: Shaun Johnson (groin/hamstring) returns and will play halfback in place of the suspended Chad Townsend. Johnson will be partnered in the halves by Connor Tracy with Braydon Trindall dropping out. Siosifa Talakai moves into the starting side to replace Wade Graham (suspended) while Toby Rudolf is again named to start at lock for Scott Sorensen. Sione Katoa returns from a chest injury on the wing pushing Bryson Goodwin to the reserves list. Andrew Fifita has been named on the interchange bench.
Warriors: Eels loan pair George Jennings and Daniel Alvaro both return with winger Gerard Beale and bench forward Josh Curran dropping out. Isaiah Papali'i starts at prop with Lachlan Burr reverting to the interchange.

Last edited:

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I think the Sharks/Warriors is the hard one to call, most of the other matches look like having a clear favourite. Except perhaps the Bulldogs, after the way Manly managed to lose last week.

Thursday 10th September
Wests Tigers vs South Sydney (Bankwest Stadium - 19:50)

- Souths comfortably. The only reason the Tigers won last week is it was Manly.

Friday 11th September
Canterbury-Bankstown vs Manly-Warringah (ANZ Stadium - 18:00)

- A draw? Dead set who knows, I'll go safe and go Manly but seriously won't be shocked either way!

Penrith vs Parramatta (Panthers Stadium - 19:55)

- Penrith 30+ it won't be close now Reed Mahoney is out.

Saturday 12th September
St.George-Illawarra vs Canberra (WIN Stadium - 15:00)

- Canberra comfortably.

Gold Coast vs Brisbane (Cbus Super Stadium - 17:30)

- Gold Coast. I trust them more but another game that won't shock me if Brisbane win.

Sydney Roosters vs Newcastle (SCG - 19:35)

- Get the cricket scoreboard out you'll need it!

Sunday 13th September
Melbourne vs North Queensland (Sunshine Coast Stadium - 16:05)

- Melbourne but it won't be a smashing.

Cronulla-Sutherland vs New Zealand (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 18:30)

- Warriors. How the Sharks are favourites I'll never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I finally stopped watching about fifteen minutes into the second half. Just never had the sense that Parra had any chances of scoring. 6-2 at half may have well been 36-2. The game just seemed decided.

The few opportunities Parra had close to goal they never went to Sivo’s side, which annoyed me.

I finally stopped watching about fifteen minutes into the second half. Just never had the sense that Parra had any chances of scoring. 6-2 at half may have well been 36-2. The game just seemed decided.

The few opportunities Parra had close to goal they never went to Sivo’s side, which annoyed me.

Sivo has been ordinary for a good month and a half I do feel he’s carrying something. Won’t shock me to see him rested for one of the two remaining games

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I wouldn't envy any side trying to run at Penrith's defence; it's like running into a brick wall. Parra fought valiantly, but the result never looked in doubt.

I wouldn't envy any side trying to run at Penrith's defence; it's like running into a brick wall. Parra fought valiantly, but the result never looked in doubt.

Roosters would throw more at them, Parra are clueless in attack, have been for 6 weeks or so

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

Definitely agree. I was almost questioning whether they had taken the fight out of them. I’m sure it’s not the case, but it did go through my mind that maybe Guetherson didn’t actually want the ball when he wasn’t looking and it was passed to him near goal.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
To be fair, it was a rare error from Gutherson (and it was probably more Moses' fault anyway); he had a very good game, caught every high ball, and his positioning was excellent. Parra have really missed Dylan Brown, I think. Field was barely in the game at all. By contrast, Luia was excellent again. What top player he looks.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
he had a very good game, caught every high ball

No question about his courage on those, for sure. And I like him as a leader.

Best to take my thoughts about games with a grain of salt, as I’m brand new watching the sport.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back