Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

This might be a “no s*** Sherlock” comment but because of our deficiencies I really believe the only way we get past Richmond, Geelong or Brisbane in the finals is by winning the midfield battle. I’m confident we can do it if guys like Ollie, SPP, Boak, Gray can continue on their current trajectory. Each week each one of them seem to be getting better and better.

I’d kill for John Cahill to be coaching in his prime, getting this current side to believe they’re better than the opposition.

Last edited:

6 years since one of most enjoyable games I’ve watched.
Can’t think of many since other than DBJ’s debut against the blow in bombres I’ve not felt nervous during.

Wait til you see how good he gets! :eek: ;)

Greyhound owner? So he was the original Ken Hinkley!

I'd forgotten how ubiquitous those Makita caps were in the 70s.

The second semi final was played on Sunday, not Saturday, lest we forget that the standard of journalism has always been s**t.

I think all the people responsible for the demise of Cheltenham racecourse should be shot.

Saw this in a article on SEN and thought it was interesting.

In games against top eight teams this year Port have conceded goals from inside 50s at the highest rate in the AFL, showing that once their defence is unsettled, it is vulnerable.

In games against top eight teams this year Port have conceded goals from inside 50s at the highest rate in the AFL, showing that once their defence is unsettled, it is vulnerable.

Gulp.. but not surprising .. we have been frustrated time and time again by those over the top oppo goals

The Adelaide Film Festival released its full program today. The Port doco 'This is Port Adelaide' will be screened in late November (outside of the actual dates of the Festival, which runs from 14-25 October). Doesn't look like you can book tickets yet. There are two screenings listed - one at the Palace Nova and one at the club. The advertised running time is listed as 90 mins, so I don't know how different it will be to the version that aired on tv. Maybe they are hoping to include some GF footage in the final cut? It could make one hell of an ending.

The Adelaide Film Festival released its full program today. The Port doco 'This is Port Adelaide' will be screened in late November (outside of the actual dates of the Festival, which runs from 14-25 October). Doesn't look like you can book tickets yet. There are two screenings listed - one at the Palace Nova and one at the club. The advertised running time is listed as 90 mins, so I don't know how different it will be to the version that aired on tv. Maybe they are hoping to include some GF footage in the final cut? It could make one hell of an ending.
The Onward to Victory doco on Ch 7 was uploaded to Youtube and all the commercials edited out and was 68 minutes long including credits at the end. Someone put the link up on this forum and I downloaded it from Youtube before the club / 57 films had it taken down within a week of it going on Youtube.

So there is potentially an extra 20 minutes or so. Maybe another 20-30 minutes gets replaced.

I was told there would be more of the early history pre WWII stuff in the one for the Film Festival, although this bit from the link suggests there might be a lot of 2020 behind the scenes vision;

Local director Nicole Miller (mentored by Justin Kurzel) became immersed in the world of footy and the Port Adelaide Football Club. She recently directed a series The AFL Show explaining the sport to a Chinese audience and local production company 57 Films has been at the heart of Port’s ambitious push into China. 2020 brings unprecedented challenges, but the Port always rises to a challenge, and undying connection of the Port Adelaide community, passed down to each new generation, underpins the resilience that the club needs to adapt and survive.

Last edited:

Slightly insightful into us. Poor article when discussing the other top 5.

“Every team has a weakness and identifying it could be the difference...

Geelong’s weakness is it has too many good players to choose”

Cool story.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Onward to Victory doco on Ch 7 was uploaded to Youtube and all the commercials edited out and was 68 minutes long including credits at the end. Someone put the link up on this forum and I downloaded it from Youtube before the club / 57 films had it taken down within a week of it going on Youtube.

So there is potentially an extra 20 minutes or so. Maybe another 20-30 minutes gets replaced.

I was told there would be more of the early history pre WWII stuff in the one for the Film Festival, although this bit from the link suggests there might be a lot of 2020 behind the scenes vision;

Local director Nicole Miller (mentored by Justin Kurzel) became immersed in the world of footy and the Port Adelaide Football Club. She recently directed a series The AFL Show explaining the sport to a Chinese audience and local production company 57 Films has been at the heart of Port’s ambitious push into China. 2020 brings unprecedented challenges, but the Port always rises to a challenge, and undying connection of the Port Adelaide community, passed down to each new generation, underpins the resilience that the club needs to adapt and survive.

Saw this tweet from Norts earlier

Then this follow up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes, memories of that fitness guy we hired to bulk up our players to only kill all their endurance and make them the unfittest team in the comp.
With the bonus that we never bulked up to boot. We've never been in our AFL time a side that has size as an edge, like a Geelong in recent times. I have a dream, that one season we'll get to the real stuff (and not playing a GC full of kids) and go 's**t, we look like the men versus the boys!'.

Jarrod Walsh has been made redundant by Nova. Given they're a sponsor of the club, I wonder how that affects his hosting role.

Thank god for that tribey

But seriously, he'll probably crop up elsewhere on radio and continue his role with us.

Remember the time Surjan suddenly laid down on the grass when he wasn't injured and the stretcher came out and picked him up? Never any explanation about why.

* that was a weird couple of minutes.

Jarrod Walsh has been made redundant by Nova. Given they're a sponsor of the club, I wonder how that affects his hosting role.
My understanding is that his MC'ing roles are independent of any other employment he has.

lol, won the battle to stop Port.

Screenshot_2020-09-11-16-36-07-932.jpeg

lol, won the battle to stop Port.

View attachment 958829

Finally answers why the SANFL suddenly went from implacable opposition to negotiating participation so quickly. See they really didn’t have to - had the main oval locked up. ACC locked Adelaide Oval out against Port or any “transplant”. Refitting Alberton wasn’t a realistic option either. Bucky once said to me (personal conversation) they did do some basic math around refitting AO at the time and that didn’t stack up at all.

Max wasn’t 100% sure of their legal defence so they used $1m, **money raised more by Port people than by any other group**, against us, then spent 20 years gouging a huge return on investment out of the AFL via the compliant Crows and a Port that they deliberately kept at subsistence level.

Someone count up their 30 year dividend. Feel too sick in the stomach to even try.

Could I HATE Max, Leigh and the whole }#%%ing SANFL cartel any more??

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back