"I'm the best at this game, you've never seen any one better than me."
"That's fake news"
"My internet connection is so great, it's the best connection ever"

This guy sounds like Donald Trump.

"I'm the best at this game, you've never seen any one better than me."
"That's fake news"
"My internet connection is so great, it's the best connection ever"
Yep, 100% narcissist.

"A disorder in which a person has an inflated sense of self-importance. Narcissistic personality disorder is found more commonly in men. The cause is unknown but likely involves a combination of genetic and environmental factors. Symptoms include an excessive need for admiration, disregard for others' feelings, an inability to handle any criticism and a sense of entitlement."

...How do you see the next game potentially going with the engine and the suggestions people are throwing out? Will they have to spend a significant chunk upgrading stuff again, or will some of those processes be a little quicker...
I can only speculate, but now that the engine overhaul has been done and they've been working with it and the current codebase for a while, it 'should' make things easier to add new features and effects in future - having said that though, you are still dealing with a legacy gameplay codebase which didn't have the best of beginnings - so its hard to say how that may hinder implementing new features in gameplay in future. Sure its fine though, or will be workarounds or spot re-writes in certain areas, again, they've been working with this codebase and engine for a while now.

You would think animation is going to need its own overhaul at some point in the future, eg. introduce improved and way more animation and variations, and do things like actually have female-centric animations for AFLW players. I imagine the publisher will avoid any of this if they can ($$). But if that is done properly it means a lot of potential new features will remain a low priority, while a chunk of heavy lifting is done on vamping up the visual/anim side of things in gameplay. There are always plenty of tradeoffs in any dev cycle. The easy decision for the publisher would be to say "bugger spending a lot of money on this" it only sells a couple of 100k of units (if that).. have the dev team just keep using the same animations (maybe tack in a couple new ones) and pump out another version but with a lot more bang for buck features and improvements instead of only a few. Though with a new gen of consoles upon us it could be about time for that animation overhaul.

But with the upheaval and the time it took to move over to the new engine this time around, I'd think that 2021 will get a season update DLC again (like Evo1 had the 2018 season DLC), and maybe just maybe, you might see a proper next-gen AFL in time for 2022 or 2023. Just a matter of which publisher gets the Licence going forward for that and can commit to a cutting-edge product for the AFL. I really hope multiple companies pitch for it. Competition is usually always good for the consumer*.

(* I can think of cases where it is not, ha - but I don't think AFL gamers have anything to worry about)

Just experienced the weirdest glitch ever.

Richmond vs Hawthorn at the G. Cotchin tackles Burgoyne in the centre square and the umpire calls ball up. Nathan Broad then bumps Burgoyne and the ball spills out of his hands. The umpire changes his mind and let’s the play roll on, Richmond enter I50.

The ruck and the contest immediately after are the worst part of the game imo. Its just a s**t show that seems to all come down to luck. Have to hope your hit the ball where you have aimed the ball, hope the ball actually goes to your player or hope you can stop the opposition getting the easy clearance when it inevitably goes to them.

I have finally got around to playing this and overall there is a good bit to like about Evolution 2 and I really hope there are a few more updates to round out the game and give it longevity because from first impressions it feels like a lineball call between a keeper and a handful of games before getting discarded.

I like the pregame and cutscene updates for what they need to be, very bare bones but they still give the impression of the stadiums, surrounding area and game day and after a while they are all going to get skipped anyway.

Gameplay has definite potential and to be honest I can't yet decide what are WW's f**k ups and what are mine.

Graphics in-game is probably where I am most positive, they aren't FIFA (which I have been playing lately) but they will do the job, I am impressed that I can consistently tell who is who and they will be enough to care about who is doing well and who is a spud.

But my overriding impression tonight is still something that I will not care the least bit about if AFL Evolution 2 becomes something that I play for the gameplay, those ****ing cutsceen eyes.

Last edited:
Has there been any support for this whatsoever since the season resumption patch?

Still really enjoy it but haven’t played for a few weeks, was hoping to come back to an update given it’s the middle of the season, but social media suggests otherwise.

Definitely needs at least another patch.

AI playing soccer in forward 50
AI going full Woosha when the ball is in dispute
Ruck contests are a random coin toss
General slowdowns/jerkiness during gameplay (frame rate isn't smooth)
Match day mode issues (when I played yesterday, it said the Eagles had only lost 2 games, and I've had wrong players selected in the team before even after the teams have been announced)

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure more has been reported on the WW site.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been playing abit for a couple weeks. Still very frustrating at times. The movement of your player is shocking. I swear sometimes you’ll choose a player to go tackle or pick up the football and he’ll starting running the opposite way and you’ll miss the footy or tackle. Still seeing two opposition players on their own in the goal square kicking an easy goal. Sometimes their full back. It’s just stupid. How hard is it to fix small issues like that? Played with Sydney last night and somehow Parker ended up in the ruck to start the third quarter when I had Sinclair and Naismith in. WAY WAY WAY too many opposition goals off the ground. Gets boring.

Anyone recommend the Switch version? Travelling back up to Darwin for work/family and want a good Switch game for the trip. Was considering AFL Evo (I play it quite religiously on PS4), FIFA 20 or Football Manager

Anyone recommend the Switch version? Travelling back up to Darwin for work/family and want a good Switch game for the trip. Was considering AFL Evo (I play it quite religiously on PS4), FIFA 20 or Football Manager

Yes!!

They put out a patch two weeks after launch that fixed it all up. Best played on medium or high graphics, it's not perfect, but good enough.
Frame rate holds up pretty well, it's not as fully polished as PS4 of course, but it's very close, and it's made up for by the fact you can play the game handheld laying upside down on the couch with a rum and cola and some chocolate in arms reach.

Yes!!

They put out a patch two weeks after launch that fixed it all up. Best played on medium or high graphics, it's not perfect, but good enough.
Frame rate holds up pretty well, it's not as fully polished as PS4 of course, but it's very close, and it's made up for by the fact you can play the game handheld laying upside down on the couch with a rum and cola and some chocolate in arms reach.

Co-sign

It's a pretty good experience!

Yes!!

That’s what I like to hear! Will go for that then. Thanks!

That’s what I like to hear! Will go for that then. Thanks!

It might take a bit of adjusting compared to the xbox/ps4 version (I was a bit jilted at first. After the last patch, I swear it at times it plays better as a portable Switch title, compared to the proper console version), but once you get comfortable.... having portable AFL Evolution is pretty rad!!!!

Hey all, the wait is over, AFL Evolution 2 for PC is now available on Steam!

PC players will also get an advanced look at some of the updates coming soon to consoles, including the revised 2020 fixture in Competition mode.

On top of that, as we approach the end of the 2020 season, updated player ratings are now available in-game for AFL Evolution 2 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.

Just a reminder, this ratings update is completely optional and will overwrite any changes you have made to official players and teams in FanHub.
To update, download the latest Evo Data in AFL Gameday.

Hey all, the wait is over, AFL Evolution 2 for PC is now available on Steam!

PC players will also get an advanced look at some of the updates coming soon to consoles, including the revised 2020 fixture in Competition mode.

On top of that, as we approach the end of the 2020 season, updated player ratings are now available in-game for AFL Evolution 2 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.

Just a reminder, this ratings update is completely optional and will overwrite any changes you have made to official players and teams in FanHub.
To update, download the latest Evo Data in AFL Gameday.

Since you’re here, what bug fixes/improvements are coming to consoles?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back