Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port just as likely to crumble under any sort of pressure too.

I'd take Port over them, Geelong have not shown anything in finals in the last few years that would concern me, when the real heat comes on they flake, we get call down hill skiers a lot, personally don't think we are anywhere near the Cats level.

I hate to say it, but you all know it’s true. We are absolutely 0% chance of winning the flag from 5th. It sucks, and it’s our own fault, but it’s true
I would have said that in a traditional year with the proper home ground adv when you finish in the top 4. Im not so sure its very clear this year.

I hate to say it, but you all know it’s true. We are absolutely 0% chance of winning the flag from 5th. It sucks, and it’s our own fault, but it’s true

And you Sir don't go away empty handed after that comment.

Please accept this on behalf of the rest of the posters here.

images-14.jpg

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏👏👏👏👏

I would have said that in a traditional year with the proper home ground adv when you finish in the top 4. Im not so sure its very clear this year.

Club needs to start planning now based on the idea we will finish 5th.

What will we do after EF?

We can fly from Perth to Brisbane 3 weeks in a row. We will have a GWS like performance and get absolutely killed by a fresher opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id love so much to be wrong, but weren’t not winning 3 away finals in a row, when we can’t even beat bottom 8 sides away from home.

We literally beat a top 8 side yesterday missing our entire midfield away from home in bad conditions - if you don’t think that will give us belief and propel us forward, I’m not sure what else to say.

It was a close call that didn't go our way.

JD not converting in the last minute cost us. So did JK getting caught HTB.

Score review is that lowest on the list of things to blame, and it's a cop out.

rubbish..it was the match winning goal..it literally decided the game

on another note. Did richmund play anyone in the top 8 that they didn't have a fixture advantage over ?

Club needs to start planning now based on the idea we will finish 5th.

What will we do after EF?

We can fly from Perth to Brisbane 3 weeks in a row. We will have a GWS like performance and get absolutely killed by a fresher opponent.

Wouldn’t we be based in a hub after the EF should we win?

I’m not sure it’s purely a case of them finding themselves in fortunate situations. I mean, look at it this way - in what competition does a side that finished on top of the ladder the year before, proved to be the best team in the regular season that year (in their home state), and won the premiership only two year prior, get given 7 straight games at their home ground to finish the season?

That’s the AFL’s doing, and given how transparent the unfairness is, you can see the objective behind it pretty clearly (money, of course).
Yeah basically this. The fawning over them by people who refuse to get their head out of the sand adds to it. Their horrendous brand of footy adds to it. hawks were frustrating as well but at least you could watch it. Geelong ripping teams apart by 30 goals was boring but at least it was nice footy. I don't want to watch rugby so why do I have to watch rugby every week if I want to see a "blockbuster".

The reality is the Eagles need to be great, while a certain collection of opponents merely need to be good to enjoy the ultimate success. For that to be the case, and for so many to refuse to acknowledge that that's the case, just makes every 50/50 disappointment feel like a robbery.

Hope the Eagles fold so I can be free.

on another note. Did richmund play anyone in the top 8 that they didn't have a fixture advantage over ?

Calls go both ways. Free kicks, goal reviews etc.

It just is what it is.

You're way too bitter about Richmond as well by the way.

If Richmond weren’t in the comp I’d still be confident about going far this year but their style perfectly suits night time footy in dewy conditions. And they’re in red hot form and brilliantly drilled.

It’s gross that one day this group of players will be compared with the incredible talent of the Brisbane and Hawthorn three-peat sides.

Yeah, I don't think 5th is that big an obstacle this year. In our case health is the bigger issue, plus our patchiness in Qld which I still haven't given up on us improving on thanks to familiarisation and warmer weather.

Brisbane at Metricon. Suns at the Gabba. Fluffed their way through both. Had the rest advantage on damn near every team in footy. Now they (and their fellow Vics) get more games at the G next year to compensate for not having as many this year. Meanwhile, three months in a row at the G in 2019 is fine and not worth evening out amongst the other clubs.

It's just set up for a handful of teams, and its staggering that people refute that.

Wouldn’t we be based in a hub after the EF should we win?

Not sure, it's tricky as we don't know how long we will be in QLD for. There is a whole lot of equipment that needs to get transported, training stuff etc. That means trucks doing 3-4 day trips. If we leave Perth on Thursday for a Saturday final and lose. Truck arrived Sunday morning and then heads straight back to Perth without even being unloaded.

Yeah, I don't think 5th is that big an obstacle this year. In our case health is the bigger issue, plus our patchiness in Qld which I still haven't given up on us improving on thanks to familiarisation and warmer weather.
Yeah health is our biggest issue when compared to those teams above us on the ladder. I think the hub concept might be a leveler come the finals, almost a natural ground type situation, have to wait and find out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back