Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

He is the only player from that mid season draft thats any good

I wanted Kyle Dunkley but knew he wouldnt get to us , Poor kid wasted at Melbourne

I wonder how he would go at the Tigers
And is having an immediate impact in games...not just participating...

I’d love to see Pickett, nail down that wing position.

Can’t remember our last really classy wingman that can run and carry and create scoring opportunities.

I think he’s taken a while to adjust to our game plan but now you can really notice his decision making and defensive game improving

We need to keep Pickett, pay him the extra out of Stacks money, piss Stack off.
Pickett has been epic.
We can't loose this guy.
I don’t think his position in the squad or contract has anything at all to do with Stack.

However, I agree that we cannot lose him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think generally Picketts tackling has been very good the last couple months.

Stepped it up when cotchin and co. We're unavailable
He does go for the bump a lot, which is interesting, it has a far better success rate than a tackle and can completely put a player off their kick.

He keeps doing it so I don't think Dimma has a problem.

Disagree - love that he has it as an option and generally picks the right time to use it
Lay a tackle when you can.

I’ve seen his opponent continue on with ball in hand when they have just bounced off his bump.

In strife if you misjudge the bump and it goes high too can result in suspension

Were are all these he wants to leave rumours coming from? Are people just assuming he wants to go back to the West?
Nostradamus. We should be asking you this question. ;)
He looks locked into the 22. The only issue might have been bigger contact. Trade period eh what. Every player is under discussion

Still tried a bump though when he should have tackled! Had the guy cold
I thought the bump was a good option. Running full tilt and tackling is not so easy, reckon the Geelong player may have sidestepped or at least had his arms free. but instead he had to take a moment not to get collected which gave our backup time to get at him, and then Pickett got the ball back from memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back