List Mgmt. The 24 Out Of Contract Club

Remove this Banner Ad

If saad is available, why are we chasing zac williams, saad is far more exciing.

Going by tonight's selection, and what the AFL injury list says, the following players were available but missed selection

Daw, Williams, Ahern, Pittard, Durdin, Crocker, Murphy, McGuinness, Campbell, Hosie

The bolds are part of the 24 so I'd be comfortable in assuming...

Daw, Williams, Ahern, Pittard, Durdin, Crocker???, Murphy, McGuinness, Hosie

Going by tonight's selection, and what the AFL injury list says, the following players were available but missed selection

Daw, Williams, Ahern, Pittard, Durdin, Crocker, Murphy, McGuinness, Campbell, Hosie

The bolds are part of the 24 so I'd be comfortable in assuming...

Daw, Williams, Ahern, Pittard, Durdin, Crocker???, Murphy, McGuinness, Hosie

Joel is going to be a player mate.

I'll be more than surprised if Pittard gets cut.

We'd also want to have some trade for a player who can pick up the really quick small forwards if we're going to cut Marley.

Joel is going to be a player mate.

I'll be more than surprised if Pittard gets cut.

We'd also want to have some trade for a player who can pick up the really quick small forwards if we're going to cut Marley.

That's why I've left Joel with a ???.

Like it or not but Pittard is cooked. 5th game out of a very poor team. Rhyce didn't bring him in but he's going to take him out. Another player can be trained in 2021 to take Marley's role. Whoever it is, he won't be as OK as Marley in 2021...but we aren't pushing in 2021.

That's why I've left Joel with a ???.

Like it or not but Pittard is cooked. 5th game out of a very poor team. Rhyce didn't bring him in but he's going to take him out. Another player can be trained in 2021 to take Marley's role. Whoever it is, he won't be as OK as Marley in 2021...but we aren't pushing in 2021.

I don't think for one minute that Rhyce has been doing anything other than experimenting since about round 10, and I don't put a lot of weight in the weekly selections from that point onward.

Tom Murphy AFL wingman? Please!

Is McGuiness safe? Havent heard much from the club about him and if we are investing in youth, i dont see the point in keeping blokes like williams/pittard and cutting crocker and mcguinness. Unless they are purely not good enough/not up to afl standard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is McGuiness safe? Havent heard much from the club about him and if we are investing in youth, i dont see the point in keeping blokes like williams/pittard and cutting crocker and mcguinness. Unless they are purely not good enough/not up to afl standard
He is a cat b rookie so not part of the actual playing list atm. He is also a potential KPD so he is working with and learning from Taz so unless he has shown very little I'd reckon they keep him.

UPDATE

Aiden Bonar

Bailey Scott - Signed through 2022

Ben Brown

Ben Jacobs (RFA)

Curtis Taylor - Signed through 2022

Ed Vickers-Willis

Jamie MacMillan (UFA)

Jasper Pittard

Jed Anderson

Joel Crocker

Josh Walker - Signed through 2021

Kayne Turner

Kyron Hayden

Lachie Hosie

Majak Daw (UFA)

Marley Williams

Mason Wood (RFA)

Matthew MacGuinness

Paul Ahern

Sam Durdin

Taylor Garner (RFA)

Tom Murphy

Tristan Xerri - Signed through 2022

Will Walker

From the signee, there is already a pattern emerging.

Ahern, Anderson, Bonar, W.Walker, Durdin (the only key defender there), Hayden, EVW, Crocker, Garner

I would say that the following are most likely to be delisted/traded

Jacobs, Garner, Pittard, Wood, Durdin,

The following are borderline. It will depend how our trades pan out and how deep we want to go into the draft which will determine who goes or who stays.

Hosie, Turner, Murphy, Ahern, Williams, Daw

Which leaves the following as probably safe

Bonar, Brown, VW, JMac, Anderson, Crocker, Hayden

Hate to see Jacobs and Garner go but the best we could offer is a rookie contract for Garner or a spot on the VFL list with a mid-season upgrade if either gets injury free.

I think Bonar might get another year, just to see how he performs with another pre-season.

Jacobs, Garner, Wood, Durdin, Williams

The following are borderline:
Turner, Ahern, Daw, VW, Crocker, Pittard

Which leaves the following as probably safe:
Bonar, Brown, JMac, Anderson, Hayden, Hosie and Murphy...IMO.

Would still love to keep Daw in the backline somehow, 2yrs back was very intimidating with oppositions very weary of him if he can get back to that play him back over walker. Keep for another year

Jacobs, Garner, Wood, Durdin, Williams

The following are borderline:
Turner, Ahern, Daw, VW, Crocker, Pittard

Which leaves the following as probably safe:
Bonar, Brown, JMac, Anderson, Hayden, Hosie and Murphy...IMO.
Looking at your list I'd also get rid of Ahern, Daw, EVW, and pittard with the view of giving crocker games asap or seeing what needs to be done with his development. Also think Hosie and Murphy may get lost in the reserves once bigger names come in. Turner is 50/50 depending on who we draft/trade in this year as the forward line is going to be pretty stacked with talent that all wants to play games in 2021. Jmac gone.

Joel Crocker's draft analysis: https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/player/joel-crocker/

Will be able to play almost anywhere on the field, just needs to add size and strength. Sort of surprised when the potential in this kid isn't recognized.
There's no doubt that Joel is a footballer. Kid knows how to play the game, goes when its his turn etc. But the review of him you post is from the year before his draft year, so 4 seasons ago. Since then he rehabbed his syndesmosis injury diligently and worked very hard to get himself physically right to go. He has played some decent VFL football, but athletically that looks his level unfortunately. He isn't quick, isn't particularly agile, is super slight for his height...I just don't see where he fits at AFL level.

There's no doubt that Joel is a footballer. Kid knows how to play the game, goes when its his turn etc. But the review of him you post is from the year before his draft year, so 4 seasons ago. Since then he rehabbed his syndesmosis injury diligently and worked very hard to get himself physically right to go. He has played some decent VFL football, but athletically that looks his level unfortunately. He isn't quick, isn't particularly agile, is super slight for his height...I just don't see where he fits at AFL level.
Pretty spot on there, he also looks pretty awkward and slow compared to the other players during endurance/running drills. I hope be becomes a superstar and an asset for the team but when I was watching them train earlier this year I wondered why we even drafted him outside of his last name.

Corr signing leads to nervous Roos

NORTH Melbourne will secure GWS defender Aidan Corr on a long-term free agency deal and it doesn’t bode well for their mid-sized defenders in Marley Williams, Jasper Pittard and Jamie McMillan.

The Roos seem to be well-served by Robbie Tarrant, Josh Walker and the emerging Ben McKay but will likely slot in Corr as a close-checking stopper despite his 195cm frame.

Pittard and Williams will be told of their futures of exit meetings in coming days, with McMillan having left the club’s hub as he prepares for the birth of his first child.

He has kept Josh Bruce, Rory Lobb and Jack Ziebell goalless and kept West Coast’s Josh Kennedy to only a single goal in an excellent year.

Corr averages only 0.9 intercept marks a game and 3.3 intercept possessions, having played 98 games in eight seasons with the Giants.

The Roos are clearly confident he will slot into their best 22 despite being stuck with long-term contracts for Dom Tyson, Aaron Hall and Jared Polec.

They will have to hope his best football is ahead of him, having only turned 26 this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back