Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've done some digging tonight over the Bartlett article that Caro wrote today. Purely because I was quite surprised about it.

From a few sources inside the club- Glenn Bartlett wouldn't know s**t from sand. Not liked internally at all, and there are a few knives out for him. "Incompetent " was mentioned.

Unfortunately, sounds like we will have some form of board/presidential upheaval before we have a new coach.

Viney definitely open to leaving at year's end. Again, can't ******* believe that. Not only one of my personal favourites since he is about the only one you get consistent effort from, but a family name player.

No surprises here but Jones definitely retiring. Apparently Lewis definitely won't be invited back as part time coach regardless of 2021 coaching set up.

Haven't heard anything else on trades etc. I know they're still hunting Williams but doesn't sound likely.

I've done some digging tonight over the Bartlett article that Caro wrote today. Purely because I was quite surprised about it.

From a few sources inside the club- Glenn Bartlett wouldn't know sh*t from sand. Not liked internally at all, and there are a few knives out for him. "Incompetent " was mentioned.

Unfortunately, sounds like we will have some form of board/presidential upheaval before we have a new coach.

Viney definitely open to leaving at year's end. Again, can't ******* believe that. Not only one of my personal favourites since he is about the only one you get consistent effort from, but a family name player.

No surprises here but Jones definitely retiring. Apparently Lewis definitely won't be invited back as part time coach regardless of 2021 coaching set up.

Haven't heard anything else on trades etc. I know they're still hunting Williams but doesn't sound likely.
Don't blame Jack for leaving homestly, stripping him of the captaincy was ridiculous.

Bartlett isn't even a Melbourne supporter. I'm not surprised people don't like him.

That's so mfc tho, just as big a mess behind the scenes as we are on field. It never ends.

From a few sources inside the club- Glenn Bartlett wouldn't know sh*t from sand. Not liked internally at all, and there are a few knives out for him. "Incompetent " was mentioned.

Well, that's just...great. So great. Very great. Great things are great.

:oops:

Well, that's just...great. So great. Very great. Great things are great.

:oops:
Holy s**t

Glory be - so basically we are right back where we started when we got bailed out in 13 (much better list thiugh)

Holy sh*t

Glory be - so basically we are right back where we started when we got bailed out in 13 (much better list thiugh)
I wouldn't go that far. From the sounds of it, the coaches and players are on the same page, and mostly all are doing extra work etc. There's a couple who are coasting who won't be here next year (I didn't get names) but overall there is pretty strong belief from playing group in the coaching messages so I'm told.

And as much as I'm frustrated, it's probably not a terrible thing to change it up a bit. 7 years as president, we still aren't the Red Sox either..

I wouldn't go that far. From the sounds of it, the coaches and players are on the same page, and mostly all are doing extra work etc. There's a couple who are coasting who won't be here next year (I didn't get names) but overall there is pretty strong belief from playing group in the coaching messages so I'm told.

And as much as I'm frustrated, it's probably not a terrible thing to change it up a bit. 7 years as president, we still aren't the Red Sox either..

yeah - you are right I over reacted - but sounds like similar management intrigue Wilco he always sucks and not sure what it’s worth that players are bought into the coaching

will be interesting to see what happens this off season I agree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't blame Jack for leaving homestly, stripping him of the captaincy was ridiculous.
He was a terrible captain. Didn't deserve to keep it. The only problem is that we still don't have good leadership at the club - but that's mostly because we don't have a good club. If Viney leaves, it will be because he wants a better club in general, not because of the captaincy. Which is understandable. He knows he'll never win a flag at Melbourne.

We clearly need a board/presidency change. The fish rots from the head.

Any suggestions as to who would make a good president? I wonder if Peter Jackson would be interested? At least he knows what he's doing and he would be familiar with the club.

I would love to get a president that had the same drive and enthusiasm as Jim Stynes. Even though he was surrounded by some very poor people while he was president, he brought something really special to the club.

In fact, it was the only time that I can recall feeling like I was part of something, instead of just a chump handing over my membership every year.

He was a terrible captain. Didn't deserve to keep it. The only problem is that we still don't have good leadership at the club - but that's mostly because we don't have a good club. If Viney leaves, it will be because he wants a better club in general, not because of the captaincy. Which is understandable. He knows he'll never win a flag at Melbourne.
Why do you think he's a terrible captain? He may not have the best skills but he generally has a crack. Can say the same for Jones he relinquished his captaincy because he knows his situation. It's not just on field leadership he has a great work ethic and provides great modelling on the training track. I also disagree with your statement with we don't have good leaders I think we do. You can tell that taking away the captaincy Viney really hurts him. I don't think he wants to leave but he definitely desires the captaincy back.

I couldn't disagree with you any more.

Terrible captain, why? Coz he can't speak for s**t? You can inspire teammates in other ways than words .

He played more like a captain onfield than Gawn ever has.

He should have remained a co captain if they were concerned with his injuries.. He came to the club when we were turd and hasn't thought bout going a where til now...The only good season we've had in the past 12 years is when Jack was captain.

He's not premiership chasing. He's clearly got the shits up with Goodwin.

Last edited:
We're all angry/ upset about how the last two weeks have unfolded but let's not judge our leadership on that. Have people forgotten how well Viney lead the team two years ago particularly the west coast game when we needed to cement a spot in the eight. Just realised Jack didn't play that game was tthinking the 2017 game but point still stands.

Last edited:

I'm 31 and it feels like over half my adult life there has been unhappiness at board level and coups only months away. Geez we are a depressing club.

Take your own advice.

Do you understand the process before it gets to an actual vote?

If Goodwin was satisfied with Viney as a captain he wouldn't have called for a vote. Him calling or a vote obviously puts Viney in a practically no win situation, coz it looks like coach is telling the playing group he doesn't deserve it or has no confidence in him and if he bitches about it he's a "bad teammate" .... How would you expect a vote to work out in that situation?

Don't tell me you really think players vote every year to decide a captain for each new season? 😆

Last edited:
It's a similar situation as to what happened with Jones when he got the shits up and felt like he was being rejected when Goody made Viney co captain with him. Jones has said plenty of times that decision by Goody took him a while to get over.

Another example of simple simon being absolutely clueless, changing captains as often as he does his underwear.

I'm 31 and it feels like over half my adult life there has been unhappiness at board level and coups only months away. Geez we are a depressing club.

in my mind you were in your 50s! You’re always so sensible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back